or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › All Things Hippity and Hoppity
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All Things Hippity and Hoppity - Page 66

post #976 of 1308
(Total asshole poast.)

Why do so many of you praise awful hip-hop? *Confoozed*
post #977 of 1308

Yela's definitely not my cup of joe, but apparently there's a market for derelict hip hop. 

post #978 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKidLA View Post

 


Hate it or love it, watching that girl take a birthday cake to the face at 1:31 is greeeeaaatttt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

(Total asshole poast.)
Why do so many of you praise awful hip-hop? *Confoozed*

Same reason some of us like to claim that Maya is one of the greatest rappers of all time and that Tupac is trash.
post #979 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingahbman View Post

Same reason some of us like to claim that Maya is one of the greatest rappers of all time, and that Tupac is trash.

Aside from the fact that this doesn't make sense, it's M.I.A.! wink.gif (And she is…!)

That Yelawolf is beyond bad! Have you guys got ears?! (I can imagine the kind of people who like this enjoy David Spade!) I mean, seriously, there is no talent there, so move on!

(Plus, that guy is using Beats headphones, which are some of the worst headphones money can buy!)
post #980 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post

We all agree that J Cole is awful right?

No, just generic and uninspiring.

I was riding around last night and the only hip-hop stations that come through were getting really lousy reception. I started scanning and came across some public radio station (sounded like college kids) that played Gucci's "Heavy" followed by UGK's "International Player's Anthem."

Then they ruined it by playing some Kid Cudi song. Now he is awful.
post #981 of 1308
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreman View Post

Yela's definitely not my cup of joe, but apparently there's a market for derelict hip hop. 


I love Yela, and you know what? I love derelicts. To have a full appreciation of hip-hip you have to have some tolerance for ig'nant shit.
post #982 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post


I love Yela, and you know what? I love derelicts. To have a full appreciation of hip-hip you have to have some tolerance for ig'nant shit.


True.

post #983 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Aside from the fact that this doesn't make sense, it's M.I.A.! wink.gif (And she is…!)
That Yelawolf is beyond bad! Have you guys got ears?! (I can imagine the kind of people who like this enjoy David Spade!) I mean, seriously, there is no talent there, so move on!
(Plus, that guy is using Beats headphones, which are some of the worst headphones money can buy!)

No, these are the worst headphones money can buy.

291

Also, what part didn't make sense... isn't M.I.A.'s real name Maya? Or did I just miss a subtle joke? And in regards to female rappers, old school Lauryn Hill would kill M.I.A (Though I do enjoy M.I.A. as an artist a lot).
post #984 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingahbman View Post


No, these are the worst headphones money can buy.
291
Also, what part didn't make sense... isn't M.I.A.'s real name Maya? Or did I just miss a subtle joke? And in regards to female rappers, old school Lauryn Hill would kill M.I.A (Though I do enjoy M.I.A. as an artist a lot).


Aww, man…every time someone brings up Lauryn I get nostalgic. I think I'll give her stuff a spin today...

post #985 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnupe7 View Post

http://www.rappcats.com/hotshit/blackstar-fix-up-look-sharp/
Saw them perform this live last month

You were at the show too (Fillmore SS)? Def would have been nice to see an SF member out in the wild (besides the ones I've met).
post #986 of 1308
am i the only underground nerd here?

louis logic, el-p + company flow, sage francis, aesop rock, my nigga slug, pretty much the whole weathermen crew (cage, yakz balls, camu tao RIP, breezy), mf doom, mac lethal, eyedea FOREVER, blueprint, murs, kool keith etc..

not so nerdy/underground selection:

elzhi + slum village (RIP dilla), lords of the underground, reks, blu, talib, mos, obviously blackstar, pharoahe monch, souls of mischief, heiroglyphics, dat nigga del the funkee homosapien, one be lo + binary star, evidence + dilated peoples, people under the stairs, the pharcyde, common, brother ali and so on..
post #987 of 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark kent View Post

am i the only underground nerd here?
louis logic, el-p + company flow, sage francis, aesop rock, my nigga slug, pretty much the whole weathermen crew (cage, yakz balls, camu tao RIP, breezy), mf doom, mac lethal, eyedea FOREVER, blueprint, murs, kool keith etc..
not so nerdy/underground selection:
elzhi + slum village (RIP dilla), lords of the underground, reks, blu, talib, mos, obviously blackstar, pharoahe monch, souls of mischief, heiroglyphics, dat nigga del the funkee homosapien, one be lo + binary star, evidence + dilated peoples, people under the stairs, the pharcyde, common, brother ali and so on..

 

These emcees/ groups got me through university. #realtalk.

 


 

 

post #988 of 1308

Did the new Statik Selektah tape leak yet?

post #989 of 1308
Thread Starter 
I was a huge backpacker until right around 2000. Basically the end of the Rawkus era. After that the underground became the domain to emcees tho couldn't flow or chose a beat to save their lives. The kinda Dr Who geeks and community college philosophy students who tried to cram 42 syllables into a bar over discordant static laden instrumentals. Fuck. All. That.
Edited by gladhands - 10/10/11 at 9:22am
post #990 of 1308

I could go through 66 pages to figure this out but, who do you spin these days, then?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › All Things Hippity and Hoppity