or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › All Things Hippity and Hoppity
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All Things Hippity and Hoppity - Page 12

post #166 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
You're right. Gibbs is dope. Str8 Killa No Filla is my go-to listening for long runs. I was just pointing out that he has the smallest potential audience of any "name" rapper. No radio/club/chick/hipster/backpacker appeal.

BTW, Gary, Indiana is the worst place I've ever been in my life...that includes Camden, NJ and Bosnia in the 90's.

I feel you. I've discovered the same thing, actually "” Gibbs is great running music. It's the machine-gun flow, I think.
post #167 of 1310
Even I'm not that much of a fan of Talib's early work but this album ain't half bad.
post #168 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Even I'm not that much of a fan of Talib's early work but this album ain't half bad.
Nah it's not terrible, but I'd rather listen to Reflection Eternal or Black Star any day of the week. Or even Quality had some joints on it. This DJ Quik-produced track still jams:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #169 of 1310
New Wiz mixtape out tonight, Cabin Fever. Hope you're a Lex Luger fan tho

post #170 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Hamilton View Post
Big Sean fans?
Big Sean is fucking terrible.

Kanye actually has pretty shitty taste in cosigning rappers.

Cudi, Big Sean, Consequence, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #171 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Big Sean is fucking terrible.

Kanye actually has pretty shitty taste in cosigning rappers.

Cudi, Big Sean, Consequence, etc.

post #172 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Big Sean is fucking terrible.

Kanye actually has pretty shitty taste in cosigning rappers.

Cudi, Big Sean, Consequence, etc.
LMAO.... Completely true.
post #173 of 1310
After reading a good chunk of the Odd Future thread on Hypebeast, I wouldn't mind never seeing or hearing the word "swag" again.
post #174 of 1310
whats wrong with cudi? APK, you just need to turn ya swag up to a hunnid thousand trillion...this should help
post #175 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post
LMAO.... Completely true.
He did sign Pusha T though, makes up for the rest IMHO. Also I'm getting in on this Talib hate. So vanilla he should sign to Ben & Jerry's. Liked him when I was 14, came on after MF Doom but before Sage Francis on those playlists which is all I should need to say.
post #176 of 1310
MF Doom, Talib and Sage? Triumvirate of Snooze Hop. At least Talib isn't completely arrhythmic like the other two.
post #177 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
MF Doom, Talib and Sage? Triumvirate of Snooze Hop. At least Talib isn't completely arrhythmic like the other two.

Nah son, Doom is the man.
post #178 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
He did sign Pusha T though, makes up for the rest IMHO.

Also I'm getting in on this Talib hate. So vanilla he should sign to Ben & Jerry's. Liked him when I was 14, came on after MF Doom but before Sage Francis on those playlists which is all I should need to say.

True Pusha was a good choice, but man some of the dudes Ye have sound as dubious as they look, still infinitely better than Young Money's roster though.


I like Talib he just needs better production and to coolaborate with normal rappers more. He probably isnt the best person to carry a whole album alone.
post #179 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman View Post
Nah son, Doom is the man.
Nah son, he is not. I never liked his style and he lost what little respect I had for him by pulling all those imposter stunts on people. If you haven't heard, he booked shows and sent out some other dude in the Doom mask on stage, duping people out of their money.
post #180 of 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
Nah son, he is not. I never liked his style and he lost what little respect I had for him by pulling all those imposter stunts on people. If you haven't heard, he booked shows and sent out some other dude in the Doom mask on stage, duping people out of their money.

Yes, I heard about that (it's sort of my job). Fair play if you don't like him, though. But you don't like Madvillainy? Top 3 rap album of last decade!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › All Things Hippity and Hoppity