or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter boots that aren't ugly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter boots that aren't ugly - Page 36

post #526 of 620
Salt and Snow slushy will mess the boots up bad. Unless $800 is a price you pay for beater shoes, don't do it.
post #527 of 620
Thread Starter 
Just buying Docs this year. Fuck it all.
post #528 of 620
Docs without that obnoxious yellow contrast stitching and pull tab isn't too bad IMO
post #529 of 620
^ yeah the all-black 1460 model is good.

Still wearing my pair of Dayton service boots when the weathers bad. They've taken a beating over the few years, but haven't let me down yet.
post #530 of 620

Oh man, I need this thread. I need new non-ugly winter boots that meet these criteria:

  • Don't look stupid with dress pants
  • High, for dealing with snowbanks (chukkas need not apply)
  • Water-proof. They salt the hell out of everything here, so even when it is freezing cold it is slushy.
  • Warm, but not so warm that they will be uncomfortable if I need to leave them on inside, which I will sometimes
  • Soles with good traction on ice
  • Preferably under $300

 

I'm hesitant to go the Redwing route, just because my feet are big so I think they'll look too bulky.


Edited by RedSole - 11/28/13 at 7:46am
post #531 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSole View Post
 

Oh man, I need this thread. I need new non-ugly winter boots that meet these criteria:

  • Don't look stupid with dress pants
  • High, for dealing with snowbanks (chukkas need not apply)
  • Water-proof. They salt the hell out of everything here, so even when it is freezing cold it is slushy.
  • Warm, but not so warm that they will be uncomfortable if I need to leave them on inside, which I will sometimes
  • Preferably under $300

 

I'm hesitant to go the Redwing route, just because my feet are big so I think they'll look too bulky.

Wolverine 1000 Mile boots.  You can find them for <$300.

 

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en/1000MileCollection

post #532 of 620

Duplicate.


Edited by michaeljohnr - 11/27/13 at 3:52pm
post #533 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohnr View Post
 

Wolverine 1000 Mile boots.  You can find them for <$300.

 

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en/1000MileCollection


Do you have experience with them? What are the soles like? Will they be ok on ice?

post #534 of 620
I bought black Blundstones, which are great, super comfy and light. Looks ok, esp at a distance... Probably THE most common boot in stockholm this winter.

post #535 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSole View Post

Do you have experience with them? What are the soles like? Will they be ok on ice?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/0_10
post #536 of 620

Thanks. I tried these on today: http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/narly_peak_gore_tex_/26065991

 

Any thoughts? I think they might be a bit ugly. Also tried on some Sorels, but I think they'll be way too warm.

 

 

 

Quote:

post #537 of 620

Beat me to it....

post #538 of 620

Unfortunately, many shoes posted here are still ugly and not functional for freezing and wet weather...I wear these every days, but they need to be soon replaced with something much better.

 

post #539 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Just buying Docs this year. Fuck it all.


They are ridiculously slippery.

 

You may want to track down a pair of canadian forces boots. They often have vibram cammando-type soles that are not as deadly. Plus they're pebble grain.

post #540 of 620

.


Edited by Ali Subity - 12/9/13 at 4:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter boots that aren't ugly