or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 301

post #4501 of 4700

Is it just me or have prices gone up, again?

$550 for a number of boots that were only $495 on the RMW website when I last looked a couple of days ago.

 

Wow, what was once a working man's boot is getting out there for cost. I love them, but at greater than $500, they are still a basic Chelsea boot. Bloody well made, I'll grant you, but still a basic working / dress boot.

post #4502 of 4700
I was trying on my size 11g comfort craftsman boots today which fit me before but I noticed they seemed to squish my smaller toes, yet I have adequate length between the end of the shoe and the tip of my big toe. Is this a problem I could solve by going a half size up or going up in width?
post #4503 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephD View Post

I was trying on my size 11g comfort craftsman boots today which fit me before but I noticed they seemed to squish my smaller toes, yet I have adequate length between the end of the shoe and the tip of my big toe. Is this a problem I could solve by going a half size up or going up in width?

Most likely. I had a similar issue some time back and kicking the width up a notch helped.


For what it's worth in deciding which way to go, I seem to recall reading that when you move from a whole size to the half-size up in RMW you don't actually get longer, just a bit wider. Best to make sure of that, of course - -my memory on that point is pretty hazy.
post #4504 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Most likely. I had a similar issue some time back and kicking the width up a notch helped.


For what it's worth in deciding which way to go, I seem to recall reading that when you move from a whole size to the half-size up in RMW you don't actually get longer, just a bit wider. Best to make sure of that, of course - -my memory on that point is pretty hazy.

Thank you! Can anyone confirm that going from a whole size to a half size will only increase width?
post #4505 of 4700
what colour polish would one use for rum coloured boots, given there's mottling? neutral? or Oxblood and dark brown?
post #4506 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojito33 View Post

Thanks for the heads up.

Dropped by the Sydney RMW Store today. Good service from the more senior staff. Some photos for you kind folk.

 




They make the Kintore shoe in brown, smooth leather? It's not on the website.
post #4507 of 4700

Does anyone know where they have these in stock or are they MTO only?

 

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/chiseltoe-jodhpur/BE20U_11FGCW45.html

post #4508 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hentaisan View Post

Does anyone know where they have these in stock or are they MTO only?

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/chiseltoe-jodhpur/BE20U_11FGCW45.html
They're made in Romania so pretty sure they will find stock for you @ $600 a pop.
post #4509 of 4700
Which models are made in Romania?
post #4510 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


They're made in Romania so pretty sure they will find stock for you @ $600 a pop.

are they the same as these?

http://www.nungar.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/48_51/products_id/168

post #4511 of 4700

Anyone have real life photos of chestnut vs. rum colors? Which one do you guys think would be more versatile?

 

Also, do these still fit TTS (for UK size)?

post #4512 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

Anyone have real life photos of chestnut vs. rum colors? Which one do you guys think would be more versatile?

 

Also, do these still fit TTS (for UK size)?

 

Australian sizes are the same as UK/Ireland and they're definitely TTS, maybe a fraction narrow because of the chiseled toe. I find the standard chestnut colour to be extremely boring but the rum looks promising.

 

From an earlier picture on this thread, the second pair from the right are in rum:

 

post #4513 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hentaisan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

They're made in Romania so pretty sure they will find stock for you @ $600 a pop.
are they the same as these?
http://www.nungar.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/48_51/products_id/168
Different boot. That one has been discontinued I believe in favour of the more expensive Gypsy version with fake storm welt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCord View Post

Which models are made in Romania?
All the models on the website that don't explicitly say "Made in Australia" in the description.
post #4514 of 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


Different boot. That one has been discontinued I believe in favour of the more expensive Gypsy version with fake storm welt.
 

The one on RMW website looks like it's better quality but I'm not sure if it actually is.

 

Is the quality on par with Aus made ones?

post #4515 of 4700

I'm looking at getting a pair of craftsman's, but I'm having a hard time deciding between either the original craftsman or the comfort craftsman.

 

Between the two sole options, which would you choose? Right now I'm leaning towards the comfort craftsman, as I've heard it doesn't crease as much as ones with leather soles.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know