Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 1:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 251
Styleforum Top Picks
Get the Dynamic Flex boots.
No. Dynamic Flex is the answer here.
After many many weeks reading this forum, today I recieved my first pair of RM Williams Boots! MTO Blaxland (Craftsman with rubber sole) in Rum Yearling.
I have a couple of questions about their appearance though:
1. If anyone else has Rum is this mottled appearance normal for Rum?
2. Is it usual for boots to arrive with a few scuffs and scratches around the elastic ankle stitching? Am I being too particular? Will these just buff out?
Thank you for you help.
These are beautiful. I may have to MTO a pair of Dynamic Flax in this color if it's doable.
I'd probably just use mid brown cream (I prefer cream to polish). Will help to cover scuffs and give the leather a bit of a drink at the same time.
I have just received a paid of comfort craftsmen for my birthday. They're in a distressed leather in the colour 'driftwood'. I was just wondering what I should do to care for these? The leather is a little suede like so I'm not sure if i should condition them, or just keep them clean.
They call it 'full grain distressed leather' I assume it's similar to nubuck, but, don't know enough about leather to be 100% sure. I'm unable to post picture of my shoes right now, but, these boots are made from exactly the same leather:
As for conditioning, I would just use their saddle dressing, but be aware that that will change the finish somewhat, and make them look less distressed and smoother. I am not sure what would be best if you do not want to change the finish at all though.
Why would it always be cheap leather? If you use a shit leather, you're still going to get loose grain creasing and ugly creasing and it will be obvious that it's bad quality leather. Regardless, you can distress a leather post-tanning by immersing it in water, stretching and contorting the leather, etc. Perhaps you meant that RMW's distressed leather is achieved by tanning?
As for the distressing, that one looks like it is done in tanning, that said I'm no expert in leather tanning. But I beleive usually when companies distress with water they do it after the shoe is lasted and it gives the shoes a creased, beat up look. On the other hand many leathers are "distressed" (not true distressing like what is done with the water) by special oils in tanning which leaves the leather with a mottled appearance. It is my understanding that leathers like red wings "copper rough and tough" are done this way. Which has a similar mottled finish with a bit of a nep, like the Rmw's above.
- RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 28 seconds ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015