Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Yesterday at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 246
Styleforum Top Picks
Hey everyone! I'm a bit of a novice with fashion and style in general. I've been trying to assemble a new wardrobe and I'm looking at boots (preferably those available in Australia).
I have my eye on a pair of R.M. Williams Rigger boots as shown here. Are these a good choice for an everyday boot in an Aussie winter? Should I be looking at another style or colour?
Bonus question: While not boots, does anyone here know much about R.M. Williams Semaphore shoes? Considering them for spring.
Locally I tried 7.5G and they feel better in the width, but I am unsure if there might develop heel slippage if I size up half a size, so that is why I was thinking to go for 7H. Any suggestions?
I've been looking at ordering a pair of Rigger boots, but I need to sort out my sizing first - I'll definitely want the H fit, but the length could be anywhere from about 8.5 - 9.5 depending on how long and wide they run.
If I just drop into an RM Williams store in Sydney, will they have something in an H fitting I can try? Which of their regular styles is most similar in fit to a Rigger?
I am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.
Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of going with GYW instead of brass screws to make resoling more realistic. Would this make 6.5F a safer bet?
- RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › snowman_snowshirts 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015