Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 9:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 246
Styleforum Top Picks
Hey everyone! I'm a bit of a novice with fashion and style in general. I've been trying to assemble a new wardrobe and I'm looking at boots (preferably those available in Australia).
I have my eye on a pair of R.M. Williams Rigger boots as shown here. Are these a good choice for an everyday boot in an Aussie winter? Should I be looking at another style or colour?
Bonus question: While not boots, does anyone here know much about R.M. Williams Semaphore shoes? Considering them for spring.
Locally I tried 7.5G and they feel better in the width, but I am unsure if there might develop heel slippage if I size up half a size, so that is why I was thinking to go for 7H. Any suggestions?
I've been looking at ordering a pair of Rigger boots, but I need to sort out my sizing first - I'll definitely want the H fit, but the length could be anywhere from about 8.5 - 9.5 depending on how long and wide they run.
If I just drop into an RM Williams store in Sydney, will they have something in an H fitting I can try? Which of their regular styles is most similar in fit to a Rigger?
I am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.
Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of going with GYW instead of brass screws to make resoling more realistic. Would this make 6.5F a safer bet?
- RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 second ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 38 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 46 seconds ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories