Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 4:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 246post #3676 of 44064/27/14 at 5:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3677 of 44064/28/14 at 8:14am
Hey everyone! I'm a bit of a novice with fashion and style in general. I've been trying to assemble a new wardrobe and I'm looking at boots (preferably those available in Australia).
I have my eye on a pair of R.M. Williams Rigger boots as shown here. Are these a good choice for an everyday boot in an Aussie winter? Should I be looking at another style or colour?
Bonus question: While not boots, does anyone here know much about R.M. Williams Semaphore shoes? Considering them for spring.
Thanks!post #3678 of 44065/4/14 at 1:22pmI have RM Williams Comfort Craftsman in Size 7G and have had them for over 2 years. I am thinking to purchase some new but I am not sure which size I should get. Because 7G in Comfort Craftsman is a little narrow in the toe box (my big toe was touching the toe box ceiling and making a notch on the inside) and a little narrow at the little toe (width). I was thinking to either size up to 7,5G or go for 7 H(wide). What do you think?
Locally I tried 7.5G and they feel better in the width, but I am unsure if there might develop heel slippage if I size up half a size, so that is why I was thinking to go for 7H. Any suggestions?post #3679 of 44065/4/14 at 5:13pmpost #3680 of 44065/7/14 at 1:09am
I've been looking at ordering a pair of Rigger boots, but I need to sort out my sizing first - I'll definitely want the H fit, but the length could be anywhere from about 8.5 - 9.5 depending on how long and wide they run.
If I just drop into an RM Williams store in Sydney, will they have something in an H fitting I can try? Which of their regular styles is most similar in fit to a Rigger?post #3681 of 44065/7/14 at 5:38am389 George Street Sydney would be the only store in SYDNEY to have the range and fittings for you to try, Go and see the Englishman named Allan there, he will look after your for fit and size. 389 George Street is the store that sells the most RMW gear in Sydney. Let us know how you went with Allan.....post #3682 of 44065/8/14 at 12:14pmpost #3683 of 44065/8/14 at 5:47pmI am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.post #3684 of 44065/8/14 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
I am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.
Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of going with GYW instead of brass screws to make resoling more realistic. Would this make 6.5F a safer bet?post #3685 of 44065/8/14 at 8:07pmpost #3686 of 44065/9/14 at 1:05ampost #3687 of 44065/9/14 at 5:56ampost #3688 of 44065/9/14 at 6:23ampost #3689 of 44065/9/14 at 6:37pmQuote:
- RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 55 seconds ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...