Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 9/26/16 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 246post #3676 of 45804/27/14 at 5:52pmpost #3677 of 45804/28/14 at 8:14am
Hey everyone! I'm a bit of a novice with fashion and style in general. I've been trying to assemble a new wardrobe and I'm looking at boots (preferably those available in Australia).
I have my eye on a pair of R.M. Williams Rigger boots as shown here. Are these a good choice for an everyday boot in an Aussie winter? Should I be looking at another style or colour?
Bonus question: While not boots, does anyone here know much about R.M. Williams Semaphore shoes? Considering them for spring.
Thanks!post #3678 of 45805/4/14 at 1:22pmI have RM Williams Comfort Craftsman in Size 7G and have had them for over 2 years. I am thinking to purchase some new but I am not sure which size I should get. Because 7G in Comfort Craftsman is a little narrow in the toe box (my big toe was touching the toe box ceiling and making a notch on the inside) and a little narrow at the little toe (width). I was thinking to either size up to 7,5G or go for 7 H(wide). What do you think?
Locally I tried 7.5G and they feel better in the width, but I am unsure if there might develop heel slippage if I size up half a size, so that is why I was thinking to go for 7H. Any suggestions?post #3679 of 45805/4/14 at 5:13pmpost #3680 of 45805/7/14 at 1:09am
I've been looking at ordering a pair of Rigger boots, but I need to sort out my sizing first - I'll definitely want the H fit, but the length could be anywhere from about 8.5 - 9.5 depending on how long and wide they run.
If I just drop into an RM Williams store in Sydney, will they have something in an H fitting I can try? Which of their regular styles is most similar in fit to a Rigger?post #3681 of 45805/7/14 at 5:38am389 George Street Sydney would be the only store in SYDNEY to have the range and fittings for you to try, Go and see the Englishman named Allan there, he will look after your for fit and size. 389 George Street is the store that sells the most RMW gear in Sydney. Let us know how you went with Allan.....post #3682 of 45805/8/14 at 12:14pmpost #3683 of 45805/8/14 at 5:47pmI am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.post #3684 of 45805/8/14 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
I am 7D in AE 5 last and wear 6F in veal macquaries with the brass screws. This is about as tight as you can get. F is already narrow but macquarie = more narrow, screws = more narrow. My foot still fits in the boot but barely. I don't mind it at all, it's not painful but it is kind of annoying having one of your outer toes touch the boot as you walk. I would say 6.5G would be safest if you fill in the 7.5D's nicely and are on the wider end rather than barely fitting the 7.5D and having some slippage. Either than or go 7F for a little more length along with width. 6.5F is just risky unless you want it really snug and don't mind the discomfort. Your foot needs to be on the narrower end and maybe have a little more space in the 7.5Ds.
Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of going with GYW instead of brass screws to make resoling more realistic. Would this make 6.5F a safer bet?post #3685 of 45805/8/14 at 8:07pmpost #3686 of 45805/9/14 at 1:05ampost #3687 of 45805/9/14 at 5:56ampost #3688 of 45805/9/14 at 6:23ampost #3689 of 45805/9/14 at 6:37pmQuote:post #3690 of 45805/9/14 at 8:15pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 37 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing six-fold tie, green silk-wool blend with woven... 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 5 minutes ago
- › BOOTS: Crocket & Jones Islay Roughout Size 8.5 D (US) BNIB 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...