Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 8:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 211post #3152 of 46421/17/13 at 10:35ampost #3153 of 46421/17/13 at 2:55pm
First post here. Great forum by the way.
Has any one seen the RM williams Chifley shoes?
I wonder how they would compare to Allen Edmonds? Once I order a pair of AE from the States there isnt much difference. There is a local RM shop so I can get correct sizing that way as well.
Larindapost #3154 of 46421/18/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
I buy my boots at the twice-yearly stocktake clearance at Adelaide - I think they have similar sales in other Australian capital cities. Generally there's slim pickings of anything comfort/dynamic flex, but plenty of Blaxlands and my much-loved Greasy Kip Craftsmen (by the amount they have on stocktake, this view is not widely shared by RMs customers!)
Boots online offers boots a good $100 ($70 if you need to add GST) below RRP if you have something particular in mind.post #3155 of 46421/26/13 at 4:38amPulled the trigger on a pair of All Rounders in 9H. I sized down 0.5 instead of a full size based on complaints that the shoes run short. I was wondering if you think a 9H would be appropriate based upon some other shoe sizes Iwear, which are
red wing iron rangers- 9.5 2e
allen edmonds strand- 9.5 3e
clarks db- 10
chuck taylors- 10
How does your RMs fit with respect to other popular shoes that people wear?post #3156 of 46422/7/13 at 2:20pm
Not sure if this is against the rules / spirit of the thread, but I have a near new pair of RM's that I'm looking to sell.
They are a Christmas gift I purchased for myself, however after six wears, I now accept they are too large.
Boots are a Craftsman Chestnust Yearling size 9.5. In great condition, and come in the original box. Can supply photos if needed.
Any questions, please get in touch with me!post #3157 of 46422/12/13 at 6:16pmpost #3158 of 46422/13/13 at 2:47ampost #3159 of 46422/13/13 at 3:18ampost #3160 of 46422/14/13 at 12:43ampost #3161 of 46422/14/13 at 6:24pmpost #3162 of 46422/15/13 at 8:23pmpost #3163 of 46422/16/13 at 4:51am
Sorry, I didn't make my comment quite clear. My friend works a company which has agreement with RMW, all of their staffs require to wear dress boots, so their staff price is about $260. I took advantage of that to order a pair for myself.
I think you still can purchase a pair for about $320 in Sydney Olympic park.post #3164 of 46422/18/13 at 4:58am
which sole do you recommend for the Craftsman? I want to wear them in the office (with jeans or chino) and want to dance on a party with them (kind like dirty-dancing style)? Is it possible with the dynamic flex? Because I think the normal Craftsman is not so comfortable for every day in the office?
Thankspost #3165 of 46422/19/13 at 7:48pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Men's dress shirt wrinkling/bunching up 13 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 16 minutes ago
- › Halloween Costumes Women Want You to Wear 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...