Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 3:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 211post #3152 of 44841/17/13 at 10:35ampost #3153 of 44841/17/13 at 2:55pm
First post here. Great forum by the way.
Has any one seen the RM williams Chifley shoes?
I wonder how they would compare to Allen Edmonds? Once I order a pair of AE from the States there isnt much difference. There is a local RM shop so I can get correct sizing that way as well.
Larindapost #3154 of 44841/18/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
I buy my boots at the twice-yearly stocktake clearance at Adelaide - I think they have similar sales in other Australian capital cities. Generally there's slim pickings of anything comfort/dynamic flex, but plenty of Blaxlands and my much-loved Greasy Kip Craftsmen (by the amount they have on stocktake, this view is not widely shared by RMs customers!)
Boots online offers boots a good $100 ($70 if you need to add GST) below RRP if you have something particular in mind.post #3155 of 44841/26/13 at 4:38amPulled the trigger on a pair of All Rounders in 9H. I sized down 0.5 instead of a full size based on complaints that the shoes run short. I was wondering if you think a 9H would be appropriate based upon some other shoe sizes Iwear, which are
red wing iron rangers- 9.5 2e
allen edmonds strand- 9.5 3e
clarks db- 10
chuck taylors- 10
How does your RMs fit with respect to other popular shoes that people wear?post #3156 of 44842/7/13 at 2:20pm
Not sure if this is against the rules / spirit of the thread, but I have a near new pair of RM's that I'm looking to sell.
They are a Christmas gift I purchased for myself, however after six wears, I now accept they are too large.
Boots are a Craftsman Chestnust Yearling size 9.5. In great condition, and come in the original box. Can supply photos if needed.
Any questions, please get in touch with me!post #3157 of 44842/12/13 at 6:16pmpost #3158 of 44842/13/13 at 2:47ampost #3159 of 44842/13/13 at 3:18ampost #3160 of 44842/14/13 at 12:43ampost #3161 of 44842/14/13 at 6:24pmpost #3162 of 44842/15/13 at 8:23pmpost #3163 of 44842/16/13 at 4:51am
Sorry, I didn't make my comment quite clear. My friend works a company which has agreement with RMW, all of their staffs require to wear dress boots, so their staff price is about $260. I took advantage of that to order a pair for myself.
I think you still can purchase a pair for about $320 in Sydney Olympic park.post #3164 of 44842/18/13 at 4:58am
which sole do you recommend for the Craftsman? I want to wear them in the office (with jeans or chino) and want to dance on a party with them (kind like dirty-dancing style)? Is it possible with the dynamic flex? Because I think the normal Craftsman is not so comfortable for every day in the office?
Thankspost #3165 of 44842/19/13 at 7:48pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 seconds ago
- › Brexit 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding