or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 210

post #3136 of 4004
Tried on some RMW craftsman in yearling.
Leather quality was unacceptably low, fit ok but nothing special.
Didn't get any.
post #3137 of 4004
Hi Dr No. You must have extremely high standards...
post #3138 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr No View Post

Tried on some RMW craftsman in yearling.
Leather quality was unacceptably low, fit ok but nothing special.
Didn't get any.

 

Yearling is not calf.

post #3139 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post

Hi Dr No. You must have extremely high standards...

 

My 4-yr old RMW Yearling Craftsman has a slight cracks in leather upper while my C&J/Lobbs survived fine; heels worn but the soles are still good.

post #3140 of 4004
Yearling I saw had this thin flakey character, if you just scuff it I think the top layer will just come off easily.
My loakes has better quality leather. My lobbs are in another leather-universe.
If you compare mrsp here the RMW are around 400 euro. Lobbs are roughly double that. Actually the quality of Lobbs are far more than double that of RMW.
post #3141 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr No View Post

Yearling I saw had this thin flakey character, if you just scuff it I think the top layer will just come off easily.
My loakes has better quality leather. My lobbs are in another leather-universe.
If you compare mrsp here the RMW are around 400 euro. Lobbs are roughly double that. Actually the quality of Lobbs are far more than double that of RMW.
Just as we'll you didn't buy a pair of RMs then..
post #3142 of 4004
If I were to buy RMW it'd be the suede version
post #3143 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a pair of boot shoetrees for RM Williams boots? links are appreciated! I have looked everywhere but haven't found anything!


I'm using the Woodlore Epic Shoetrees in craftsmans and the forum special, and they are a good fit:

http://www.amazon.com/Woodlore-Epic-Twin-Tube-Shoe/dp/B002VWKRE4
post #3144 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonc View Post


I'm using the Woodlore Epic Shoetrees in craftsmans and the forum special, and they are a good fit:
http://www.amazon.com/Woodlore-Epic-Twin-Tube-Shoe/dp/B002VWKRE4

Thanks I use similar, What i was looking for was a proper boot tree i.e a tree that fills the boot all the way up.

post #3145 of 4004

I have a problem with some Gardener boots that I bought in a size 9.5 G, they fitted well in the store, but have stretched over the past week, and I am thinking really, a half size smaller would have been perfect (I was told in the shop that they should fit perfectly from the first wear, but from reading parts of this forum I realize that this doesn't apply to the heavy greasy kip leather of the gardener boots). I have tried thicker socks to compensate, but this requires ankle socks over thick normal socks, and my feet get too hot and uncomfortable.

 

I tested some foam innersoles from my old RMW stockyard boots in them, and that seemed to work perfectly, however I am wondering if having foam innersoles somehow voids the guarantee on the shoes when it comes to resoling? or  if this somehow damages the shoes in wear?

 

Any recommendations for a particular material or brand of insert would be appreciated.


Edited by corgi invasion - 1/3/13 at 11:58pm
post #3146 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgi invasion View Post


I tested some foam innersoles from my old RMW stockyard boots in them, and that seemed to work perfectly, however I am wondering if having foam innersoles somehow voids the guarantee on the shoes when it comes to resoling? or  if this somehow damages the shoes in wear?

Inserts should not affect the guarantee or the ability to resole the boot. If sized/cut correctly they should not damage the boot either. I use scholl inserts, but really anything should be OK
post #3147 of 4004
I happened to be in the Sydney George St store for the sales and noticed a new pair of boots I had never seen before with a spectacular leather and priced at AUD600.

I asked about them and was informed they are made by the specialist old guy bootmakers who hand last/welt the top croc boots like were made for Clinton and Bush 43.

The leather was a spectacular calf superior to any C&J handgrade or EGs whatever. Very impressed I was.

Only available in the two brown and black colours.
post #3148 of 4004

Anyone know where you can get an online copy of the new '6 steps to care for your boots' rmw are doing?

post #3149 of 4004
Can someone post pics of h width boots for gardeners/wentworths or comment on this? I really like the round shaped toe but am afraid that the h width will make the toe boxy like blundstones 62's.
post #3150 of 4004
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftors View Post

Can someone post pics of h width boots for gardeners/wentworths or comment on this? I really like the round shaped toe but am afraid that the h width will make the toe boxy like blundstones 62's.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/21179/rm-williams-boots-everything-you-wanted-to-know/3030#post_5729324

10.5H
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know