Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 9:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 202
Styleforum Top Picks
Wow that sucks. The 1st is just terrible. The 2nd - is your heel not snug in the back of the boot? It just looks like your heels are swimming back there. Mine appear to want to do this too but don't because my heel is preventing it. Actually, I'll have to see what mine do when I arch my foot forward like that. Do you have any pics of the boots when you are just standing or taking a normal stride in them? No offence by the way; I'm just curious.
Best of luck if you ever try again.
Well, no response from R.M.Williams.
Pretty crappy customer service. I don't think I'll ever buy from them again.
There is no 'forum special' as such, i.e. a special arrangement with RM Williams for boots in a particular spec. You need to take the specs mentioned in this thread and special order the boot from one of the vendors, e.g. Black French veal calf on the B543 last with screwed leather soles (can't remember exactly what the 'forum special' is but that's just an example)
Try giving them a call. I've never had anything but the best in service from them - they even replaced a pair of boots that I had scuffed - I was just asking how much to have them repair it! (and yes, this was a direct approach to their customer service email address).
Having read the sizing for the forum special - do you need to go up a whole size and down a width?
I wear 8.5 in an F fitting in the craftsman so the MTO forum special would be 9.5 in an E fitting?
Also, is the fitting on these boots very snug?
Opinions appreciated, thanks
From the OP:
If You Know Your Size in the Craftsman Already
Go up a whole size and down two width letter
Craftsman size 10H: Forum Special size would be 11F
Craftsman size 10G: Forum Special size would be 11E
Craftsman size 10F: Forum Special size would be 11D
N.B. RMW dressing needs warmth to go on properly. I usually leave by the window on a warm day, then apply with the warmth of my bare fingers. Washes off skin easily.
Answer to my own question - marron fonce (Saphir dark brown)
On another note, check out the Veal Brandy Dynamic Flex Craftsmans:
When i got my pair (MTO Kangaroo in Blaxland with Chestnut colour) mid last year. I applied 3 separate layers over time usually left overnight or a few days of the RM Williams Leather Conditioner to mine before wearing then out in the streets. They felt a little softer and the shine is brilliant. The colour stands well. So now every month i just give then one coat and they look like new.
So its users choice, depending on how you want to maintain and care for then.
It was only ever an experiment to try with RM's. Remember, I'm not normal . Most here would prefer a normal wax and buff on these boots. Dress shoes are a completely different matter. Other folk have tried; most coming to the conclusion that RM's are best treated as a casual/work boot.
Would hate to see follow-up posts on how to remove 200 coats of mirror shine wax.
Lear (waiting for new suede options to appear)
- RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
- › Australian Members 23 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 19 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 21 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 23 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 24 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015