Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Gucci Chelsea Boots - sz 44 Last post on 11/17/11 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 5:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 202post #3017 of 44668/22/12 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by DJackson
Wow that sucks. The 1st is just terrible. The 2nd - is your heel not snug in the back of the boot? It just looks like your heels are swimming back there. Mine appear to want to do this too but don't because my heel is preventing it. Actually, I'll have to see what mine do when I arch my foot forward like that. Do you have any pics of the boots when you are just standing or taking a normal stride in them? No offence by the way; I'm just curious.
Best of luck if you ever try again.
Well, no response from R.M.Williams.
Pretty crappy customer service. I don't think I'll ever buy from them again.post #3018 of 44668/22/12 at 3:08pm
There is no 'forum special' as such, i.e. a special arrangement with RM Williams for boots in a particular spec. You need to take the specs mentioned in this thread and special order the boot from one of the vendors, e.g. Black French veal calf on the B543 last with screwed leather soles (can't remember exactly what the 'forum special' is but that's just an example)post #3019 of 44668/23/12 at 4:59amQuote:
Try giving them a call. I've never had anything but the best in service from them - they even replaced a pair of boots that I had scuffed - I was just asking how much to have them repair it! (and yes, this was a direct approach to their customer service email address).post #3020 of 44668/23/12 at 12:44pmpost #3021 of 44668/25/12 at 4:05ampost #3022 of 44668/25/12 at 4:13ampost #3023 of 44668/26/12 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by alladin
Having read the sizing for the forum special - do you need to go up a whole size and down a width?
I wear 8.5 in an F fitting in the craftsman so the MTO forum special would be 9.5 in an E fitting?
Also, is the fitting on these boots very snug?
Opinions appreciated, thanks
From the OP:
If You Know Your Size in the Craftsman Already
Go up a whole size and down two width letter
Craftsman size 10H: Forum Special size would be 11F
Craftsman size 10G: Forum Special size would be 11E
Craftsman size 10F: Forum Special size would be 11Dpost #3024 of 44668/27/12 at 3:28ampost #3025 of 44668/27/12 at 6:18amI don't have any kangaroo chelsea boots, just a pair of their Murray lace shoes in kangaroo. From the word go, I've only ever applied RMW Leather & Saddle Dressing. Two years ago I smeared on a thin coat of coloured Saphir cream. That's it for me. The beauty of kangaroo is in the grain. Very tough and very easy to maintain. I use Renovateur on every other shoe, but when it comes to kangaroo I break out the RMW dressing.
N.B. RMW dressing needs warmth to go on properly. I usually leave by the window on a warm day, then apply with the warmth of my bare fingers. Washes off skin easily.
Learpost #3026 of 44668/27/12 at 4:05pmpost #3027 of 44668/30/12 at 4:03ampost #3028 of 44668/30/12 at 4:11amQuote:
Answer to my own question - marron fonce (Saphir dark brown)
On another note, check out the Veal Brandy Dynamic Flex Craftsmans:
Very temptedpost #3029 of 44668/30/12 at 4:21amQuote:
When i got my pair (MTO Kangaroo in Blaxland with Chestnut colour) mid last year. I applied 3 separate layers over time usually left overnight or a few days of the RM Williams Leather Conditioner to mine before wearing then out in the streets. They felt a little softer and the shine is brilliant. The colour stands well. So now every month i just give then one coat and they look like new.
So its users choice, depending on how you want to maintain and care for then.post #3030 of 44668/30/12 at 4:43amQuote:
It was only ever an experiment to try with RM's. Remember, I'm not normal . Most here would prefer a normal wax and buff on these boots. Dress shoes are a completely different matter. Other folk have tried; most coming to the conclusion that RM's are best treated as a casual/work boot.
Would hate to see follow-up posts on how to remove 200 coats of mirror shine wax.
Lear (waiting for new suede options to appear)
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The soft retail market and other possible indicators of an economic... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 21 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 22 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Shoes Lacking Quality Control... 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding