or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind - Page 32

post #466 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

This is the shoe people will instantly think of when, 20 years from now, they're posting to an "ITT we post ugly stuff we wore in the 2000s" thread.

Haven't they been made in Maine for decades? It's only since Leffot and J. Crew picked them up that they've become trendy.
post #467 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Allen Edmonds

are they that bad?
strand11f.jpg
i just received my brown "AE strand" from BB
i think they look great
of course not super sleek but you can't really go wrong with them either
post #468 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

are they that bad?
strand11f.jpg
i just received my brown "AE strand" from BB
i think they look great
of course not super sleek but you can't really go wrong with them either

imo, the strand is the most attractive shoe in the current AE collection. maybe, cause it doesn't look like one.

my observation around this place. sometimes people forget about their proportions, when talking about shoes. this can result in a clownish appearance, anyway. on the other hand they can nitpick millimeters on lapel widhts an jacket lengths.

much more important, at least for me, is the fit of a shoe. you can't leave that behind, imo.
post #469 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

What are you guys finding so objectionable in this

tumblr_lvevnyV1IJ1qexpu3

Another thing I can definitely not get behind: THE ROBOT POSE!!!

I don't get it. Do you all pose for regular pictures like that? Are you trying to show off the waist suppression on your jackets? It really throws off the fit.
Edited by jrd617 - 12/4/11 at 6:15pm
post #470 of 497
For whatever reason, I think those ugly boots will look better and even decent in real life....
post #471 of 497
Wow, is this the complain about WAYWRN thread? I thought we already Occupied SF.
post #472 of 497
Fucking ridiculous 'comedy' beards. Again.
post #473 of 497
Double monks. Sorry, boys, buckle shoes just don't float my boat.
post #474 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

are they that bad?
strand11f.jpg
i just received my brown "AE strand" from BB
i think they look great
of course not super sleek but you can't really go wrong with them either

I find them blobby and fugly to be honest.
post #475 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

What are you guys finding so objectionable in this
tumblr_lvevnyV1IJ1qexpu3

You've picked the best of a bad bunch here.
post #476 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

You've picked the best of a bad bunch here.

the best? anyway...
post #477 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post

Double monks. Sorry, boys, buckle shoes just don't float my boat.

Sorry Fred, I must request my 'friendship chip' back from you. I cannot associate with you further now that I've been informed of your tastelessness.

nest.gif

Romeo,

The Strands will do you just fine. They are not fabulous but in a business setting you won't loose any points for them either. Just start looking to upgrade as your budget allows. I suggest you look at English shoes in the $500 price range such as Crockett and Jones - the Finsbury on the 341 last would be a fine place to start. biggrin.gif
post #478 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

This is the shoe people will instantly think of when, 20 years from now, they're posting to an "ITT we post ugly stuff we wore in the 2000s" thread.

Haven't they been made in Maine for decades? It's only since Leffot and J. Crew picked them up that they've become trendy.

Has the chukka version existed for decades? Because I've never seen them before a year or two ago. Boat shoes are great, just not trendy Frakenboots.
post #479 of 497
Indy boots
post #480 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

Indy boots

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind