or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 614

post #9196 of 9598
Just watch a train wreck gif for 90 minutes. That sums it up.
post #9197 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Helps pay my salary so see it!

1: Glad to help :-)

2: How so?
post #9198 of 9598

Damn, why did I watch this last night?

 

Spoilerish...

 

 

lefty

post #9199 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit last night. I wanted to hate it but it was actually decent. It's no Red October but it's better than Clear and Present.

-1.

Clear and Present is solid.
I saw that Jack Ryan flick on a flight last month. Eh.
post #9200 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post



2: How so?

Like this, brah!

post #9201 of 9598
EdgeOfTomorrowPL4.jpg

Somewhat repetitive.


* (Click to show)

rimshot.gif


Was entertaining enough, but I liked Cruise's previous 3 Sci-Fi movies better.

Edited by Kaplan - 6/12/14 at 6:06pm
post #9202 of 9598
i thought it was a good fun movie, even if not great.
post #9203 of 9598
Agree. Definitely had it's moments (I mean, how rare is it to see Cruise bite the bullet?), even if it won't earn a spot on my DVD shelf :-)
post #9204 of 9598
the humor was good, and i have to say that there really could have been a multitude of ending to the movie.

how did you interpret the end? i saw it with a few buddies and we had different opinions.
post #9205 of 9598
Warning: Edge of Tomorrow story spoilers (Click to show)
I guess it was supposed to be pretty straight forward: Kills the big baddie, gets some of the same magic goo as from the Alpha, dies, revives in heli with future saved.

Or, when he fell asleep in the start in the heli he dreamt the whole thing, wakes up and something else had taken care of the invasion. Maybe bacteria as in WotW ;-)
post #9206 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Warning: Edge of Tomorrow story spoilers (Click to show)
I guess it was supposed to be pretty straight forward: Kills the big baddie, gets some of the same magic goo as from the Alpha, dies, revives in heli with future saved.

Or, when he fell asleep in the start in the heli he dreamt the whole thing, wakes up and something else had taken care of the invasion. Maybe bacteria as in WotW ;-)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i thought the first option as well. my friends though something else, i forget exactly what, but something along the lines of the bad guy winning.
post #9207 of 9598
Finally got around to this one:

being-john-malkovich.jpg

Was wonderfully quirky.
Edited by Kaplan - 6/13/14 at 5:12pm
post #9208 of 9598

post #9209 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Finally got around to this one:

being-john-malkovich.jpg

Was wonderfully quirky.

Kap, thanks for the reminder. I will watch that again as I enjoyed it some time back. I wonder if i remember it with too much fondness and it stands up now...
post #9210 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Kap, thanks for the reminder. I will watch that again as I enjoyed it some time back. I wonder if i remember it with too much fondness and it stands up now...

Not sure how it'll fare on repeat viewings, but it was nice to see something playing totally by it's own rules for a change.

***

This today:

hepburn-audrey-breakfast-at-tiffanys-1219756.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately