or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 555

post #8311 of 9772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I've been watching movies while sick.
The Queen of Versailles was really, really good.
Re-watched The Big Lebowski, which is always fun.
Now I'm watching Bad Boys II. I always feel like I should be a little embarrassed about how much I love this movie (and the first one), but it's just so damned much fun.

thats one of the few perks of being sick. guilt free movie marathons.

i never saw the first one, but i love the other two.

so much lawlz in both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

That was a very insightful post. Thank you for your contribution.

you mean you dont like posts that consist solely of movie posters with no indication of whether or not they were enjoyable?
post #8312 of 9772
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeldoger47 View Post


I don't see how this is anymore insightful.

Wow. Way to be a bitch. I called you out on a stupid statement, so you edited to something relevant to the thread and then quoted me out of context to try to make me look like the idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

thats one of the few perks of being sick. guilt free movie marathons.

Definitely. Plus, you can watch stuff that's iffy and not feel bad for wasting the time.
Quote:
i never saw the first one, but i love the other two.

so much lawlz in both.

It's worth checking out if you like documentaries. The people in it were somehow both despicable and sympathetic.
Quote:
you mean you dont like posts that consist solely of movie posters with no indication of whether or not they were enjoyable?

Actually, that's not what I meant. The post I was responding to didn't have any of that in it, but apparently he's a fucking pussy who likes to edit when he gets called out.
post #8313 of 9772
Let's please keep it friendly gentlemen. I came here hoping to avoid the rampant antagonism you see on the imdb boards.
post #8314 of 9772
@MrG

i am teh sad that i missed the pre edit.

as to documentaries, i almost never watch them. until you recommended blackfish, which was excellent. so i guess ill try this one out to. sooooo, do i want to get sick now?

also, did you watch MUD yet?
post #8315 of 9772
Quote:
The map uses IMDB ratings to replace the names of the 50 states (plus Washington, D.C.) with the most popular movie set in each one. "The Godfather" represents New York, "Gone with the Wind" is set for Georgia and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" coincides with D.C. Other states' more obvious choices, however, are subverted: For instance, "50/50" lines up with Washington instead of, say, "Sleepless in Seattle" or "Twilight."

 

 

lefty

post #8316 of 9772
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

@MrG

i am teh sad that i missed the pre edit.

as to documentaries, i almost never watch them. until you recommended blackfish, which was excellent. so i guess ill try this one out to. sooooo, do i want to get sick now?

also, did you watch MUD yet?

You didn't really miss anything, Stitch. It was something insipid like "all Michael Bay movies are dumb" (I'm paraphrasing). The bitch move was his edit to try and make it look like my response was to something it wasn't.

I'm glad you enjoyed Blackfish. You'd probably like Versailles, too. I'm not a huge documentary fan, though I do like them. That usually means a doc has to be pretty entertaining for me to recommend it. Plus, it was short, which was nice.

Not yet. It's in my queue, but I haven't gotten to it.
post #8317 of 9772
..
post #8318 of 9772

There's a great thread on documentaries, it's been quiet lately but there are some fantastic reqs.

 

This is terrific:

 

post #8319 of 9772
^ Damn right v good indeed nod[1].gif
post #8320 of 9772
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
 
Quote:
The map uses IMDB ratings to replace the names of the 50 states (plus Washington, D.C.) with the most popular movie set in each one. "The Godfather" represents New York, "Gone with the Wind" is set for Georgia and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" coincides with D.C. Other states' more obvious choices, however, are subverted: For instance, "50/50" lines up with Washington instead of, say, "Sleepless in Seattle" or "Twilight."

 

 

lefty

 

"Bringing up Baby" may be more popular on IMDB, but "The Stepford Wives" is really the movie that captures the CT zeitgeist I remember.

post #8321 of 9772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


Actually, that's not what I meant. The post I was responding to didn't have any of that in it, but apparently he's a fucking pussy who likes to edit when he gets called out.

If you notice the time stamp, my edit was published at exactly the same time you published your response. Given the amount of images included and the fact that I was posting them here and on Superfuture - one can logically deduce I decided to edit my original post before I saw your response.

post #8322 of 9772
Thread Starter 
Hey seel, you're a tool.
post #8323 of 9772

Watched the first six of Kieslowski's Decologue . I originally saw the extended film-length versions of no. 5 (A short film About Killing) and no.6 (A Short Film About Love) in the cinema but the shorter 60 minute version loses little. I found the it has lost none of its ability to disturb: the shocking reality of the brutality of state execution. There was no Hollywoodisation of someone being hanged in 1980s Poland. The cinematography amplifies the claustrophobia. The other episodes are all wonderful too. Such concision and amazing imagery. 

post #8324 of 9772

post #8325 of 9772

Don't know if this has already been discussed, but I just watched Bad Grandpa the other night... very strange flic... it's really awkward at times yet super funny... it's a total Johnny Knoxville ego trip, but I have to admit, he had some good ideas, and they way it was done was pretty entertaining, and in the end, actually endearing. I feel like comedies are getting more and more unconventional, and this is one example.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately