Watch The Wicker Man. It's hilariously awful.
What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 517
Because of this of course: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
classic indeed, but very different.
I just thought the dialogue was contrived in some parts.
some contrived dialogue does not usually bother me. sometimes i enjoy it. sometimes i like writing that is clearly written, not trying to imitate real life conversation.
End of Killing Them Softly is a little on the nose.
Color of Money was more powerful.
So many to choose from. Personal favourites:
- Casablanca - "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
- Alien - "This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."
- The Hustler - "Fat Man, you shoot a great game of pool." "So do you, Fast Eddie."
- Little Caesar - "Mother of mercy! Is this the end of Rico?"
- Planet of the Apes - "You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
- To Kill a Mockingbird - "I was to think of these days many times. Of Jem and Dill and Boo Radley, and Tom Robinson - and Atticus. He would be in Jem's room all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning."
- Apocalypse Now - "The horror. The horror."
- Last of the Mohicans - "Great Spirit and the Maker of All Life. A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Tell them to be patient and ask Death for speed; for they are all there but one - I, Chingachgook - Last of the Mohicans."
- Soylent Green - "You can tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've got to tell them soylent green is people. We've got to stop them somehow."
- King Kong - "Oh, no! It wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast."
- Angels with Dirty Faces - "It's true, boys. Every word of it. He died like they said. All right, fellas. Let's go and say a prayer for a boy who couldn't run as fast as I could."
- Back to the Future - "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
- Annie Hall - "...and I thought of that old joke, you know, the, this, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken,' and uh, the doctor says, 'Well why don't you turn him in?' And the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships. You know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and - but uh, I guess we keep going through it...because...most of us need the eggs."
And, of course...
- Some Like it Hot - "Well, nobody's perfect."
Edited by lefty - 11/6/13 at 6:59pm
I'll give the rest another shot in a few days. Maybe I'm just non in the mood right now.
Also watched Wolverine lately. Enjoyed it.
The World's End was also very good, though I've preferred the first two parts of the Cornetto trilogy.
Before Midnight was excellent.
We Are The Millers was entertaining.
The Interneship was enterataining.
Watched the series on netflix over the summer - it changed the way I watched movies. Really enjoyed how he presented a dense subject matter in a way that didn't make me feel like I was doing homework.
Such a great movie.