or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 456

post #6826 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

blackhawk down is such a great movie. i really should watch it again. both the cast and the story are top top notch.

The book is good too (I haven't seen the movie).
post #6827 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

I'm watching Jack Reacher. I love most action films in which Tom Cruise plays as principal character.

I've read and enjoyed a couple of the Reacher books. When I see the previews for that movie I can't get past the fact that Reacher is supposed to be, what - 6'5" or so?
post #6828 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I've read and enjoyed a couple of the Reacher books. When I see the previews for that movie I can't get past the fact that Reacher is supposed to be, what - 6'5" or so?

Yea i havent seen the movie but I remember how upset people were on imdb when cruise was selected.
post #6829 of 10320
i quite liked the reacher movie. (big surprise i know)
what i liked most (Click to show)
that they did not do that namby pamby action movie BS where the good guy almost loses and them resurrects. he kicked ass start to finish like the bad ass dude he was made out to be
post #6830 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i quite liked the reacher movie. (big surprise i know)
what i liked most (Click to show)
that they did not do that namby pamby action movie BS where the bad guy almost loses and them resurrects. he kicked ass start to finish like the bad ass dude he was made out to be
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bad guy or good guy?
post #6831 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bad guy or good guy?

ooops. edited. was just a typo.
post #6832 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post

A work a genius. Ugly, but genius.

The entire cast is flawless, but the pathos and desperation that Jack Lemmon brings to his role is almost too painful to watch.

Just watched it, performances were good, but the it was just a string of scenes with guys telling each other what cunts they, or others, are. Meh. You are right though Lemon was excellent.
post #6833 of 10320
watched flawless with demo moore and michael cane. what a great movie, i love cane and i have always loved heist movies.

would love some recs for more great cane movies and more great heist movies.

thanks!
post #6834 of 10320

I watched Funeral Kings the other day and I was in stitches

 

 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6Cid3VNSHgo/Ty7tcx4i6_I/AAAAAAAADLI/pCCTlWPiWcY/s1600/340028_312459365471696_309596725757960_939652_139900464_o.jpg

post #6835 of 10320
puzzled.gif
post #6836 of 10320

post #6837 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

watched flawless with demo moore and michael cane. what a great movie, i love cane and i have always loved heist movies.

would love some recs for more great cane movies and more great heist movies.

thanks!


The Man Who Would Be King (1975), one of the best adventure movies, with Sean Connery and Caine's wife Shakira. Listen to how Caine met her, amazing story! (from 2 min)

 

Get Carter 1971

The Ipcress File 1965

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels 1988

Gambit 1966, heist movie

The Quiet American 2002

And almost everything else he has made. I think Peter Sellers said that if he could live his life again - he would do everything exactly the same, except he wouldn't watch The Magus, so maybe not that one


Edited by mrcmcklwht - 4/25/13 at 6:00am
post #6838 of 10320
Watched the company we keep last night...good flick dont know if it would be worth seeing in theaters but then again I didnt see it that way so I cant comment. I will however go see oblivion this weekend.
post #6839 of 10320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcmcklwht View Post

The Man Who Would Be King (1975), one of the best adventure movies, with Sean Connery and Caine's wife Shakira. Listen to how Caine met her, amazing story! (from 2 min) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Get Carter 1971
The Ipcress File 1965
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels 1988
Gambit 1966, heist movie
The Quiet American 2002
And almost everything else he has made. I think Peter Sellers said that if he could live his life again - he would do everything exactly the same, except he wouldn't watch The Magus, so maybe not that one

saw the man who would be king. loved it. thanks for the other recs, ill have a look.

cider house rules any good?
post #6840 of 10320
I found Cider House Rules about as satisfying a movie as Wuthering Heights was to read.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately