or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 406

post #6076 of 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Now that I've seen Prometheus, Alien and Aliens (In that order, no less) I feel like I can see what Prometheus was trying to do but man... they really need another prequel. Also, Prometheus really confirms my belief that I formed after the Star Wars prequels... basically don't do a prequel for a series that's set way into the future decades after the originals. Our conceptualization of the future and technology makes the prequels lack continuity, I think.

Not sure about this, I mean it worked for Star Trek. I think the biggest problem with Prometheus by far was the script, not how it conceptualized technology/the future compared to the original. Star Wars prequels just had problems all over the map (script, directing, relying too much on CGI).
post #6077 of 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 View Post

Not sure about this, I mean it worked for Star Trek. I think the biggest problem with Prometheus by far was the script, not how it conceptualized technology/the future compared to the original.. Star Wars prequels just had problems all over the map (script, directing, relying too much on CGI).

This has been spoken to before somewhat...the ship they were on, on alien/aliens conceivably could have been older then the one they were on for prometheus, even though prometheus took place first.

The alien ship was an old cargo ship while the prometheus was top of the line brand new ship.
post #6078 of 9942
I feel like watching revolver tonight.
post #6079 of 9942
Watched "A Perfect Murder" and "The Game". Both starring Michael Douglas. Both enjoyable films, even if I know the twists already.
post #6080 of 9942
Thread Starter 
<3 The Game. Probably one of my favorites. Added it to my netflix queue several months ago and I'm teasing myself but not watching it!
post #6081 of 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Watched "A Perfect Murder" and "The Game". Both starring Michael Douglas. Both enjoyable films, even if I know the twists already.

the game is awesome.
post #6082 of 9942
I love the line where one of his shoes falls off and he says, "There goes $1,000..." The perplexed chick goes, "Your shoes were $1,000?" He replies, " That one was." icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6083 of 9942
Easy A
post #6084 of 9942
i thought it was just OK, got overhyped imo.
post #6085 of 9942
I liked "Easy A". And Emma Stone is drool.gif
post #6086 of 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I love the line where one of his shoes falls off and he says, "There goes $1,000..." The perplexed chick goes, "Your shoes were $1,000?" He replies, " That one was." icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

"Your shoes cost a thousand dollars?"

"That one did."

 

Just wanted to get that right. 

 

How was LBM, stitch?

 

lefty

post #6087 of 9942
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

How was LBM, stitch?

lefty

i came here to post just about that. it was fantastic. i love a good sweeping "spanning history" story movie. i would put that and forrest gump as my 2 favorites of that kind. just a wonderfully fantastic movie. excellent story with a lovable character.
post #6088 of 9942

I wouldn't steer you wrong, kid.

 

lefty

post #6089 of 9942
cheers.gif i know you wouldnt.
post #6090 of 9942

Just got done watching Skyfall, aston martin db5drool.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately