or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 347

post #5191 of 9438
Jungfrukällan (The Virgin Spring)

Haven't seen this in decades...
One of the movies that left quite some strong impression on me as a kid..
Most of the scenes and details were as fresh in my memory as if I had just watched it yesterday worship.gif
post #5192 of 9438
off to see skyfall smile.gif
post #5193 of 9438
Seal Team Six on Netflix
post #5194 of 9438
skyfall was fantastic. solid movie. awesome song. and the wardrobe/locations/camera shots were top of the line. would watch again.
post #5195 of 9438
killing them softly...

what a fuck up.
post #5196 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Got dragged to Breaking Dawn: Part 2. Not only did it have some of the worst CGI I have ever seen, it was also boring as hell. They had a chance to make the movie half-decent at the climax but they blew that too.


I refuse to believe that. Please post spoilers as to why you think so, and don't worry, no one here is going to ever watch that shit.
post #5197 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by limping_decorum View Post

killing them softly...
what a fuck up.
I heard people just don't understand the motives behind the movie and expected some non-stop action flick.
post #5198 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by limping_decorum View Post

killing them softly...
what a fuck up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I heard people just don't understand the motives behind the movie and expected some non-stop action flick.

i hope huzzah is right. i was looking forward to it. hope to see it this week.

i really hate when they put out trailers that totally misrepresent the vibe of the movie, thus altering your expectations, and sometimes "ruining" a movie that would otherwise be very enjoyable. i mean, i get that most morons out there just want to see violence and killing and fighting and boobs, and i certainly enjoy a fair amount of that as well, but why not just represent the movie properly? its not like no one will find out what the movie is all about and they will see it even though they dont like the content. its only the first wave of people that get tricked. maybe its just to get good opening weekend numbers. idrk, but its annoying as fuck.

/rant
post #5199 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i hope huzzah is right. i was looking forward to it. hope to see it this week.
i really hate when they put out trailers that totally misrepresent the vibe of the movie, thus altering your expectations, and sometimes "ruining" a movie that would otherwise be very enjoyable. i mean, i get that most morons out there just want to see violence and killing and fighting and boobs, and i certainly enjoy a fair amount of that as well, but why not just represent the movie properly? its not like no one will find out what the movie is all about and they will see it even though they dont like the content. its only the first wave of people that get tricked. maybe its just to get good opening weekend numbers. idrk, but its annoying as fuck.
/rant

No, you're absolutely right.

Stitcherroneous did you see Life of Pi yet? I think you will like it. Going to see it in 3D this afternoon.
post #5200 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

No, you're absolutely right.
Stitcherroneous did you see Life of Pi yet? I think you will like it. Going to see it in 3D this afternoon.

not yet. tbh, the fact that every other trailer i see on TV or in the theater is for that movie, has actually made me annoyed with the film. i have very minimal hopes for the film as a story, and i think that everyone has a huge artsy boner for anything that ang lee does, and he almost has a pass to make shit. OTOH, i am sure that visually it is outstanding, and for that alone i will try and see it. i imagine it will be worth it, even if the movie itself does suck.
post #5201 of 9438
Unfortunately I just watched project x for the first time with my roommate and his girl friend, maybe the worst movie I've seen in awhile. If it wasn't for all the ass and titties everywhere I would have thrown my beer through my on tv!
post #5202 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I heard people just don't understand the motives behind the movie and expected some non-stop action flick.
remove the bush/obama sound bites through out......out of place.

i have read that people were surprised at the amount of dialogue.....the book is about 99 percent dialogue.
post #5203 of 9438

Stolen 

post #5204 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNC View Post

Unfortunately I just watched project x for the first time with my roommate and his girl friend, maybe the worst movie I've seen in awhile. If it wasn't for all the ass and titties everywhere I would have thrown my beer through my on tv!


I don't remember Ally Sheedy or Matthew Broderick getting naked in project X.
post #5205 of 9438
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I don't remember Ally Sheedy or Matthew Broderick getting naked in project X.

The chimps were naked, derrrr.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately