or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 333

post #4981 of 10294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I really liked The Grey. Only part that bothered me was when he was under freezing water for a long time then came up and walked away in freezing temperatures and didn't seem bothered at all.

I thought Liam Neeson was great as always, but it just stretched believability too much. Yeah that was one such scene, he just took off his wet jacket and kept walking, although did succumb to hypothermia by the time of the wallet scene.

I did really like the part where he said "Fuck faith, show me some proof, I need help", some great acting and lines.
post #4982 of 10294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I really liked The Grey. Only part that bothered me was when he was under freezing water for a long time then came up and walked away in freezing temperatures and didn't seem bothered at all.

he is liam neeson, why would that bother him?

the best part was the end.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
when he totally kills that wolf with broken glass between his fingers.
post #4983 of 10294
or does he? dun dun dun
post #4984 of 10294
he does.
post #4985 of 10294
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

No irreversible is.

Watched this last night. Goddam it was hard to watch. Gross, dizzying, depraved, unnecessary and impossible to sit thru. I almost stopped it 10 times during the first half hour. But for all that is was beautiful and sensitive, had stunning tracking shots, had depth and incredible texture, challenged your beliefs and sensibilities. This is high art and seems hugely influenced by Memento.

I still believe Children of Paradise is the finest French film I have ever seen, and while Memento was better to me (both personal top 10), this film is not only irreversible, its unforgettable.
post #4986 of 10294
martyr is a good french film
post #4987 of 10294
Fucking Army of Shadows ftw.
post #4988 of 10294
is "Fucking," part of the film title?
post #4989 of 10294
No.
post #4990 of 10294
no wonder i couldnt find it.
post #4991 of 10294
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Fucking Army of Shadows ftw.

One of my favorites, top 5 probably. Such a great movie.
post #4992 of 10294
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Watched this last night. Goddam it was hard to watch. Gross, dizzying, depraved, unnecessary and impossible to sit thru. I almost stopped it 10 times during the first half hour. But for all that is was beautiful and sensitive, had stunning tracking shots, had depth and incredible texture, challenged your beliefs and sensibilities. This is high art and seems hugely influenced by Memento.
I still believe Children of Paradise is the finest French film I have ever seen, and while Memento was better to me (both personal top 10), this film is not only irreversible, its unforgettable.

I agree with your feelings towards irreversible, however I never jumped on the Memento train. I don't think this film was inspired by it, the film just runs scene by scene backwards and I think it is done like that for a good reason. Memento, well, I like it, thought it was a good movie, but something about the character and acting I just felt was very affected.
post #4993 of 10294
Looper - disappointing. plot was boring and the acting was pretty terrible. whoever thought Emily Blount should play a blonde farmgirl should be shot.
post #4994 of 10294
A Serious Man. A difficult movie to like...the main character is a passive schlub, the plot is "just one damned thing after another", and the ending is ambiguous. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a great deal. I'd love to hear opinions on it - especially from chaverim.
post #4995 of 10294
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

A Serious Man. A difficult movie to like...the main character is a passive schlub, the plot is "just one damned thing after another", and the ending is ambiguous. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it a great deal. I'd love to hear opinions on it - especially from chaverim.

I saw it, I thought it was ok but not worth much praise. I thought it was probably the weakest of all Cohen Bros movies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately