or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 323

post #4831 of 9310

The Scapegoat, loved it!

post #4832 of 9310
watched Killer Joe just now. What a weird movie haha. I don't think I'll ever look at MM the same way.
post #4833 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post

Just got done watching the 1939 classic Gulliver's Travels on TCM, done by my favorite of the early American animation studios, Fleischer Studios. Now, Mr. Bug Goes to Town is on, and I've never seen it before. Story is okay, but I'm really enjoying the animation so far.
Can't wait for lefty to chime in on this.

 

I love Hoppity Goes to Town

 

Sorry, packing apt - that's about all I have right now.

 

lefty

post #4834 of 9310
cloud atlas tomorrow night
post #4835 of 9310

Latest I've seen was Ruby Sparks, which I liked.

post #4836 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

cloud atlas tomorrow night

Going tomorrow as well. Looks great!
post #4837 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

watched Killer Joe just now. What a weird movie haha. I don't think I'll ever look at MM the same way.

I know. Did you understand the ending, because I was totally lost.

post #4838 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

The Guard - Holy shit this was great. Brendan Gleeson should get an academy award for this. The scenes with him and Don Cheadle were hilarious. Best line: "You being in the FBI and all, you probably only used to shooting unarmed women and children." Followed shortly by "He probably hasn't had this much fun since they burned those people in Waco!"
Anyone got some recommendations similar to this? Independent, I wouldn't have heard of before, really fucking good, etc..

This is on my radar now. Thanks!
post #4839 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

This is on my radar now. Thanks!

Yea i put it on my to watchlist on comcast...i had no idea it basically serves the same purpose as netflix. I speant like a half hour last night going through all the movies i wanted to watch in the future. There were like 40 pages worth of 25 movies or so.
post #4840 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I know. Did you understand the ending, because I was totally lost.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dottie said she would go to Peru if Chris didn't make her mad in the car. During supper, when Chris pulled out the gun on Joe, he didn't shoot but said for Joe to leave. Joe told the family earlier that if they didn't let him leave with Dottie that he would kill every single one of them, which is why the family helped Joe kill Chris. Also, before the funeral Chris's father told him to go do them all a favour and kill himself showing they didn't care about him anymore. The reason Dottie killed Chris is because she was "getting angry" so she shot Chris even though she loved him. Also, she was pregnant with Joe's child.
post #4841 of 9310
The Guard is an excellent movie!
post #4842 of 9310
Kids and I are watching The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Love this movie!
post #4843 of 9310
cloud atlas could have been sooooo much more...it was still good but it left me wanting more. Guess I will have to read the book.
post #4844 of 9310

Now it all comes together, very confusing movie but pretty good one. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dottie said she would go to Peru if Chris didn't make her mad in the car. During supper, when Chris pulled out the gun on Joe, he didn't shoot but said for Joe to leave. Joe told the family earlier that if they didn't let him leave with Dottie that he would kill every single one of them, which is why the family helped Joe kill Chris. Also, before the funeral Chris's father told him to go do them all a favour and kill himself showing they didn't care about him anymore. The reason Dottie killed Chris is because she was "getting angry" so she shot Chris even though she loved him. Also, she was pregnant with Joe's child.
post #4845 of 9310
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

The Guard is an excellent movie!

It really is, funny as hell.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately