or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 302

post #4516 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

I recently watched Querelle, only got through half an hour and just couldn't watch it anymore, no wonder Fassbinder died after this.

"Here, you can play dice with Nono, Lysiane's husband : if you win, you are allowed to make love with Lysiane, if you lose, you have to make love with Nono... Querelle loses on purpose... "

Quite a premise!

Lovefilm recommended this film to me, as once I'd watched XXY they started to recommend lots of LGBT (lesbian, gay) films !
post #4517 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Good movies I've watched recently

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Now watch Overnight, the rags-to-riches-to-rags story of Troy Duffy.



lefty


Technically documentaries.
post #4518 of 9753

THE BACKWARDS MAN, THE BACKWARDS MAN. I CAN WALK BACKWARDS AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

 

post #4519 of 9753
^ That movie is kind of epic. so many great, stupid-funny lines in it.
post #4520 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post


"Here, you can play dice with Nono, Lysiane's husband : if you win, you are allowed to make love with Lysiane, if you lose, you have to make love with Nono... Querelle loses on purpose... "
Quite a premise!
Lovefilm recommended this film to me, as once I'd watched XXY they started to recommend lots of LGBT (lesbian, gay) films !

Haha, how was XXY btw? Been meaning to watch it at some point

post #4521 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

Haha, how was XXY btw? Been meaning to watch it at some point

It's a very good and unusual film actually, I'd highly recommend it. Just brace yourself for some fruity recommendations from your Dvd provider thereafter biggrin.gif
post #4522 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

^ That movie is kind of epic. so many great, stupid-funny lines in it.

 

 

Yes. At some time or another we've all had aspirations to work at the Cheese Sandwich factory...


Edited by death shot - 10/3/12 at 12:26pm
post #4523 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."

That speech of his was the best part of the movie, and of course they gave it away in the trailer so everything else was a big disappointment.
post #4524 of 9753

I enjoy watching Liam Neeson beat people into a stain.

post #4525 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by death shot View Post

I enjoy watching Liam Neeson beat people into a stain.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif ME TOO!
post #4526 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariooo View Post

The Tall Man
I guess it's either a love it or hate it movie. I loved it.
For me the plot (afterwards) makes perfect sense and so does the movie itself.
If you are going to watch it, be sure not to read anything about it
smile.gif

I saw this last night. Just wanted to say thanks for nothing. Awful movie. Extremely predictable. After the first 15 minutes I pretty much knew what was going to happen.
post #4527 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

That speech of his was the best part of the movie, and of course they gave it away in the trailer so everything else was a big disappointment.

I did see in the trailer for Taken 2 a speech where Liam says to the kidnappers on the phone "and now I'm going to do what I do best". He seemed to be relishing the fact he had another adventure to go on, courtesy of the terrifying kidnap of a relative icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4528 of 9753
finished aliens, last night.

interestingly enough, i now like alien a lot more, and want to watch it again. the way they blasted away the aliens in alienS, as they attacked like mindless monkeys, really took away from the whole fear factor and cunning calculating nature of the alien we got in the first film. AND, they did not really show any great graphic alien killing person scenes any more than the first one.

fun action flick with out dated special effects? sure. but the original one wins. far and away for me.
post #4529 of 9753
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

finished aliens, last night.
interestingly enough, i now like alien a lot more, and want to watch it again. the way they blasted away the aliens in alienS, as they attacked like mindless monkeys, really took away from the whole fear factor and cunning calculating nature of the alien we got in the first film. AND, they did not really show any great graphic alien killing person scenes any more than the first one.
fun action flick with out dated special effects? sure. but the original one wins. far and away for me.

And thats the difference from ridley scott and james cameron...
post #4530 of 9753
I disagree that Aliens special effects are outdated. Some of them maybe, but practical effects are still better than CGI. I can always spot fake CGI. And it's distracting and terrible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately