or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 288

post #4306 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

I can't believe you've never seen Alien before! How old are you Stitches?
You may well like Aliens a lot more, it is very action packed. Alien 3 and 4 are not great and quite bad films, respectively.

i am 30. so it was released 3 years before i was even born. also, i really was never a fan of anything scary, but after seeing promethius, i decided to see all the alien movies. i hope 2-4 are better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

Jesus christ! *face palms*
How can you think that?! Again, how old are you Neo? I ask as perhaps a very young generation are effects obsessed (but then the effects in Alien are excellent)

neo is trolling you. best to play along, or not bother with it.
post #4307 of 9312
Alien and Alien 3 were my favorites, haven't seen Prometheus yet.
post #4308 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Alien and Alien 3 were my favorites, haven't seen Prometheus yet.

I, personally, thought Prometheus was satisfactory despite its many, many faults. The android is definitely the highlight. I know. Shocker.
post #4309 of 9312
i enjoyed prometheus quite a bit. more so than alien.
post #4310 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I, personally, thought Prometheus was satisfactory despite its many, many faults. The android is definitely the highlight. I know. Shocker.

well yea fassbender is great...i had to tell myself it was a waste just to get the digital download...so i am waiting till the physical copy comes out.
post #4311 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i am 30. so it was released 3 years before i was even born. also, i really was never a fan of anything scary, but after seeing promethius, i decided to see all the alien movies. i hope 2-4 are better.
neo is trolling you. best to play along, or not bother with it.

Thank god Neo was trolling - you never can tell though wink.gif

30 is plenty old enough to have seen Alien! I'm 36 and saw it for the first time while on holiday in Spain, aged 12. I'd heard so much about it at school from kids who'd got the pirate VHS video... but was not prepared for how scary it was at that age. I remember feeling pretty ill.

I've then re-visited it every other year since about 18, it's one of my favourite films of all time. I am a big horror and horror/sci fi fan though, I watch tons of horror, so I understand what you're saying bro smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

well yea fassbender is great...i had to tell myself it was a waste just to get the digital download...so i am waiting till the physical copy comes out.

Fassbender is excellent. Have you seen Shame? A really excellent performance (if you'll forgive the pun).
post #4312 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i enjoyed prometheus quite a bit. more so than alien.

I also liked it, not the best movie out there. But it was quit ok. Now we will wait for part 2...

post #4313 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

Thank god Neo was trolling - you never can tell though wink.gif
30 is plenty old enough to have seen Alien! I'm 36 and saw it for the first time while on holiday in Spain, aged 12. I'd heard so much about it at school from kids who'd got the pirate VHS video... but was not prepared for how scary it was at that age. I remember feeling pretty ill.
I've then re-visited it every other year since about 18, it's one of my favourite films of all time. I am a big horror and horror/sci fi fan though, I watch tons of horror, so I understand what you're saying bro smile.gif

the only scary movie i saw at a young age, was terminator 2, i was 9. and it scared the crap out of me. that was it for scary movies for me.
Quote:
Fassbender is excellent. Have you seen Shame? A really excellent performance (if you'll forgive the pun).

he is a great actor. was awesome in x-men.
post #4314 of 9312
Looking forward to Les Miz
post #4315 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

Looking forward to Les Miz

I saw the 5 minute look into the movie. I'm intrigued.
post #4316 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

Thank god Neo was trolling - you never can tell though wink.gif
30 is plenty old enough to have seen Alien! I'm 36 and saw it for the first time while on holiday in Spain, aged 12. I'd heard so much about it at school from kids who'd got the pirate VHS video... but was not prepared for how scary it was at that age. I remember feeling pretty ill.
I've then re-visited it every other year since about 18, it's one of my favourite films of all time. I am a big horror and horror/sci fi fan though, I watch tons of horror, so I understand what you're saying bro smile.gif
Fassbender is excellent. Have you seen Shame? A really excellent performance (if you'll forgive the pun).

Yea watched it twice in the last month or so...that and hunger. The first movie i recognized him in was inglorious basterds...300 came out before this and didnt even realize he was in it till i saw his imdb...then he was magnito in first class...(magnito is my favorite villain from comics). I have also seen dangerous method and have been meaning to download fish tank, but i got into boardwalk the last month to catch myself up for last sunday...now that thats over i started watching movies again this past week.
post #4317 of 9312

La Doublure

post #4318 of 9312
Watched Thor again these days. Like it a lot. And finally The Avengers. Delivers.
I love all new Marvel movies. They simply satisfy my boyish needs for action with a touch of sci-fi and fantasy. Great! biggrin.gif

And Paul for the 4th time. Simply love that movie. Seth's voice is perfect for Paul too.
post #4319 of 9312
shame is a good movie. I can't help but feel like it's a reflection of myself. peepwall[1].gif
post #4320 of 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I, personally, thought Prometheus was satisfactory despite its many, many faults. The android is definitely the highlight. I know. Shocker.
The Good: Android, the beautiful filmography
The Bad: Plot was horrendous, characters were unbelievable, so many large plot gaps in logical thinking (Let's hire idiots!), just so, so, so much crap.
The Ugly: It felt like it could have been amazing. A feeling at times that this would round out the epic, give answers and bring new questions to light, that this was all part of some grand masterpiece,... until you step back and realize it was shit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately