or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 287

post #4291 of 9940

Moonrise Kingdom would have been slightly above average if it was anderson's second or third film but since it wasn't it was shit.

post #4292 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI View Post

Moonrise Kingdom would have been slightly above average if it was anderson's second or third film but since it wasn't it was shit.

I strongly disagree. Maybe this just isn't your type of movie?
post #4293 of 9940

It was my kind of film until I finally realised Anderson was not progressing as a filmmaker. It feels like I'm watching the same characters again and again interracting with each other in rather pointless stories. I really don't mind that he likes to use the same cast of actors, but everytime he does it's in the same manner.

 

In my mind he is like the elementary school teacher who's assigned as the director for every production year after year. It's the same blasé attitude to a story and cast, only hidden behind  the adorableness of colourful set designs and costumes.

 

However i can understand why he appeals to many, he is after all very easy to watch and he translates well for the WASPy youth and nostalgic hipsters. My only issue is I expect a lot more from directors with extensive filmographies.

post #4294 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071804/
best low budget movie ive seen...
the lady wanted to watch moonrise kingdom tonight...it was pretty good.

Looks very interesting and has some great reviews, thanks for the heads up.
post #4295 of 9940
The best low budget movie is clearly Rubber. laugh.gif
post #4296 of 9940
saw alien last night.

honestly, i was underwhelmed. ill give the special effects a pass, as it was made in 79. i think actually, for that time, it was pretty good in that regard. the acting was lame. you never really see any solid gore when the alien kills people, except for when it pops out of the guys belly, but not when it kills the others. just a flash, and then nothing. lame. and the whole concept of the company, and who was really pulling the strings behind the expedition was not laid out well. the idea of them chasing an alien that they already knew was extraordinary, with an old rope net, was so full of facepalm i dont even know what to say. beyond laughable.

im not usually a harsh critic, i am easily entertained. but this just didnt do it for me.

i was disappoint.
post #4297 of 9940

pB, the deep blue sea was very good. As you said very slow but some amazing scenes!

post #4298 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

saw alien last night.
honestly, i was underwhelmed. ill give the special effects a pass, as it was made in 79. i think actually, for that time, it was pretty good in that regard. the acting was lame. you never really see any solid gore when the alien kills people, except for when it pops out of the guys belly, but not when it kills the others. just a flash, and then nothing. lame. and the whole concept of the company, and who was really pulling the strings behind the expedition was not laid out well. the idea of them chasing an alien that they already knew was extraordinary, with an old rope net, was so full of facepalm i dont even know what to say. beyond laughable.
im not usually a harsh critic, i am easily entertained. but this just didnt do it for me.
i was disappoint.

Aliens will be much better for you I predict.
post #4299 of 9940
Stitches, make sure to watch Alien VS. Predator. Best film from either franchise.
post #4300 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Aliens will be much better for you I predict.

it freaking better be. i plan to definitely watch the first 4, before predator was added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Stitches, make sure to watch Alien VS. Predator. Best film from either franchise.

i understand, that is very much not the case. but i will likely watch it nonetheless.
post #4301 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

it freaking better be. i plan to definitely watch the first 4, before predator was added.
i understand, that is very much not the case. but i will likely watch it nonetheless.

I can't believe you've never seen Alien before! How old are you Stitches?

You may well like Aliens a lot more, it is very action packed. Alien 3 and 4 are not great and quite bad films, respectively.
post #4302 of 9940
You guys talking about Alien: Resurrection? Wasn't perfect but it was definitely better than Alien.
post #4303 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

You guys talking about Alien: Resurrection? Wasn't perfect but it was definitely better than Alien.

Jesus christ! *face palms*

How can you think that?! Again, how old are you Neo? I ask as perhaps a very young generation are effects obsessed (but then the effects in Alien are excellent)
post #4304 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

Jesus christ! *face palms*
How can you think that?! Again, how old are you Neo? I ask as perhaps a very young generation are effects obsessed (but then the effects in Alien are excellent)

I think he is being sarcastic...or I hope he is lol. If that is the case I'll follow suit and say alien vs predator 2 was the best of both franchises.
post #4305 of 9940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Stitches, make sure to watch Alien VS. Predator. Best film from either franchise.

facepalm.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

You guys talking about Alien: Resurrection? Wasn't perfect but it was definitely better than Alien.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately