or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 220

post #3286 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Chronicle. Eh, not horrible.

Eh???
post #3287 of 9424
Just watched The Illusionist. I'm a die-hard Ed Norton fan.
post #3288 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Just watched The Illusionist. I'm a die-hard Ed Norton fan.

how can you not be really? one of the best of his generation imo.
post #3289 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Just watched The Illusionist. I'm a die-hard Ed Norton fan.

speaking of which... just watched the prestige again (different movie i know but i group these things by "similar" things)

jeez what a great movie.
post #3290 of 9424
Watched The Departed last night. The ending pissed me off beyond belief.
post #3291 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

Watched The Departed last night. The ending pissed me off beyond belief.

that was my initial thought too, but upon further review, i have come to think it was the right way to end it.
post #3292 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post

Eh???

My favourite scene:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
gxcNm.jpg

W4Hxz.jpg

BPq5w.jpg
post #3293 of 9424
Oslo 31st August, an adaptation of Le Feu Follet. Wonderful cinematography and sensitive direction. As per the 60s film, guy leaves his drying out hospital for the day to see old friends one last time and falls off the wagon again before finally OD-ing.
An antidote to all the summer comic book horseshit everywhere.
post #3294 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

that was my initial thought too, but upon further review, i have come to think it was the right way to end it.

I agree. A great film too, especially Jack Nicholson doing scary and crazy... plus Leonardo Di Caprio is again very good.
post #3295 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeezle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Just watched The Illusionist. I'm a die-hard Ed Norton fan.

speaking of which... just watched the prestige again (different movie i know but i group these things by "similar" things)

jeez what a great movie.

Likewise. I thought The Prestige makes excellent use of the "story told through flashbacks" device, and I get a big kick out of the gradual revelation that you are in fact watching a science fiction movie.

Not to mention:

263
post #3296 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

I agree. A great film too, especially Jack Nicholson doing scary and crazy... plus Leonardo Di Caprio is again very good.

his crazy rat imitation at the bar? table was hilarious.
post #3297 of 9424

Stitch, add The Last Detail for Nicholson hijinks.

 

 

 

I used to drink at the bar that Nicholson smacks with his gun. There were grooves on the surface from the repeated takes. 

 

lefty 

post #3298 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Chronicle. Eh, not horrible.

That's a good movie, nice computer made. 

post #3299 of 9424
lefty, thanks. will do. smile.gif

cool beans about the bar too. cheers.gif
post #3300 of 9424
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Stitch, add The Last Detail for Nicholson hijinks.





I used to drink at the bar that Nicholson smacks with his gun. There were grooves on the surface from the repeated takes. 

lefty 

lol, i thought jack was lefty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately