or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 204

post #3046 of 9733
The Iron Lady
Our Idiot Brother
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Our Idiot Brother was the surprise favorite.
post #3047 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

The Iron Lady
Our Idiot Brother
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Our Idiot Brother was the surprise favorite.

rise, was ok, the others were quite good.

idiot brother was awesome start to finish. rudd was superb. the surprise show stealer was the hip BF of his old GF, he was hilarious.
post #3048 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

512

This movie is incredible, especially for you NYC dwellers.



Also go see Moonrise Kingdom, lots of retro New England prep clothing to see, and a really fun film.
post #3049 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

The Iron Lady
Our Idiot Brother
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Our Idiot Brother was the surprise favorite.

I liked Rise of the Apes a great deal, an excellent sci fi film and one of my favourite films of last year.

Has anyone seen Killer Joe yet? It looks very promising and I like the idea of Matthew M playing against his usual rom com stereotype
post #3050 of 9733

Just finished watching ''a single man'' third time now this year. And I wonder is there any movies near that? Perfection at it most..

That pops up in my head are

- American Physco

- Mr Brooks

 

Anything else?

 

Thanks.

post #3051 of 9733
Thanks, Moonrise is in my que now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tailoring View Post

This movie is incredible, especially for you NYC dwellers.
Also go see Moonrise Kingdom, lots of retro New England prep clothing to see, and a really fun film.
post #3052 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

The Iron Lady
Our Idiot Brother
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Our Idiot Brother was the surprise favorite.

I liked Rise of the Apes a great deal, an excellent sci fi film and one of my favourite films of last year.

Has anyone seen Killer Joe yet? It looks very promising and I like the idea of Matthew M playing against his usual rom com stereotype

Well, I thought Rise was pretty mediocre, but better than expected. I had extremely low expectations after the Tim Burton debacle.
post #3053 of 9733
Some great Revenge flicks

Get Carter (1971) Michael Caine
Dead Man's Shoes, this one is hard to come by but it is gritty and outstanding if you like this genre.
Mystic River
Death Sentence (Kevin Bacon), disturbing flick.
Harry Brown (2009), Michael Caine again but much older in this role.
The Limey (2009), Terence Stamp, Peter Fonda. Steven Soderbergh film.
post #3054 of 9733
rachel weisz is a fucking terrible actress.
post #3055 of 9733
Per the recs here I watched "In the Loop"

It was really good, some really rye moments.
post #3056 of 9733
Is "the hunter" worth a shit?
post #3057 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio253 View Post

Some great Revenge flicks
Get Carter (1971) Michael Caine
Dead Man's Shoes, this one is hard to come by but it is gritty and outstanding if you like this genre.
Mystic River
Death Sentence (Kevin Bacon), disturbing flick.
Harry Brown (2009), Michael Caine again but much older in this role.
The Limey (2009), Terence Stamp, Peter Fonda. Steven Soderbergh film.

I love Dead Carter. I saw it a special screening introduced by the director, a couple of years ago. The screening was at Newcastle races where one of the scenes was shot and full of memorabilia - a great night! I also love Carter's suits in the film.

Dead Man's shoes is indeed excellent, incredible acting by Paddy Considine. Have you seen This is England?

I'm also interested in seeing The Hunter
post #3058 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio253 View Post

Some great Revenge flicks
Get Carter (1971) Michael Caine
Dead Man's Shoes, this one is hard to come by but it is gritty and outstanding if you like this genre.
Mystic River
Death Sentence (Kevin Bacon), disturbing flick.
Harry Brown (2009), Michael Caine again but much older in this role.
The Limey (2009), Terence Stamp, Peter Fonda. Steven Soderbergh film.

I really should watch the original Get Carter. The Sly Stallone version, however, is pretty good actually.

Mystic River in my list for most overrated movies of all time.

Love The Limey. I love how twice he stops to explain the derivation of his cockney phrases.
post #3059 of 9733
You know, I didn't much care for The Limey. Other than Stamp, lots of mediocre acting, and I didn't think the story was anything more than typical for the type.
post #3060 of 9733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post

You know, I didn't much care for The Limey. Other than Stamp, lots of mediocre acting, and I didn't think the story was anything more than typical for the type.

There is a lot of good ass kicking. It does have that going for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Movies Are You Watching Lately