or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 882

post #13216 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Sicario wasn't very good. The Emily Blunt character was annoying.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Should've just focused on the Benicio character story line, and kept it a straight up revenge flick.

I just saw it last night. I definitely wasn't bored but was underwhelmed and confused with all the hype at the end.
post #13217 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I went to the 11:40 showing and it was on a tiny screen in downtown DC...I promptly exited the theater and asked someone why a movie meant to been watched on a big screen on opening day was being shown on that size and if the 12 o'clock was on a bigger screen because I was not paying to see it on the one they planned on showing it on.

Needless to say I saw it on their biggest screen at 12

E Street CInema? I saw it there before christmas. I thought it was really well shot but I couldn't understand a thing they were saying. Fell asleeo for like 10 minutes too
post #13218 of 14413
No the Chinatown one. I live like 5 min walk from it.
post #13219 of 14413

The Salvation - Kristian Levring (2014)
 

 

Partly visual in first half is interesting, though some scenes were very close to commercial aesthetics, the plot is too trivial and gives no real understanding of revenge as a force in humans. Director is just not clever enough and this is not a particularly good western.

 

Mads Mikkelsen is interesting as always, but this movie gives him little to play with. 

post #13220 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Almost as bad when they have the actors in child 44 speak English with Russian accents...just kidding I could care less either way but I get annoyed when people complain about it. When you take an entire cast of English speakers and interject them into another country id rather they speak English, because after all it is an American produced film.

You go on IMDb forums and all people do is complain about movies not using actors from the countries movies take place in...specifically in Africa. To that I say et over yourself.


I prefer it when actors speak the actual language, if they are native speakers, even better. That's a big reason why I like that Mel Gibson Apocalypto movie. He had the whole thing in some dead language no one has spoken in 500 years..Authenticity matters.
post #13221 of 14413
I know Mayans from Guatemala, and Mexico that still speak that language. I am glad he chose to not use English, or Spanish in the movie. Aside from that... the movie wasn't very authentic.
post #13222 of 14413
Have the Jaws marathon on in the background while I'm shining my shoes. Jaws 2 was just terrible. Jaws 3 is coming up now. This was originally in 3D in theaters if any of you youngin's didn't know. Old school 3D, the red and blue paper glasses.

It has Bess Armstrong in a starring role. Looking at her now, she is a handsome but not particularly attractive woman. For some reason 30 years ago when I saw this I had a real thing for her.


post #13223 of 14413

isn't that the one with Louis Gossett Jr? 

 

when i was like 7 i begged my parents to go see Jaws 4: The Revenge - "this time it's personal" they obliged and i had night terrors for the next 3 weeks. i think they basically wrote me off after that lol

 

by the way Ms. Armstrong is cute but the hairstyle is total bullshit.

post #13224 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

isn't that the one with Louis Gossett Jr? 

when i was like 7 i begged my parents to go see Jaws 4: The Revenge - "this time it's personal" they obliged and i had night terrors for the next 3 weeks. i think they basically wrote me off after that lol

by the way Ms. Armstrong is cute but the hairstyle is total bullshit.

Yes, it's the underwater sea-world one.

I remember being terribly disappointed by 4 at the theater. The shark's only in it for like 10 minutes.
post #13225 of 14413
Jaws 3 is awesome. The younger Brody boy is just driving drunk all over the place and everybody thinks it's funny.
post #13226 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Yes, it's the underwater sea-world one.

I remember being terribly disappointed by 4 at the theater. The shark's only in it for like 10 minutes.

Most of the best "monster" movies only have the monster in them for a short period of time.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/godzilla-joins-jaws-alien-and-the-blob-in-the-shy-86214024547.html

Also 3D was a gimmick then and it still is. I will only watch 3D if it is the only format available. Last movie I saw in 3D was Alice in wonderland.
post #13227 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Most of the best "monster" movies only have the monster in them for a short period of time.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/godzilla-joins-jaws-alien-and-the-blob-in-the-shy-86214024547.html

Also 3D was a gimmick then and it still is. I will only watch 3D if it is the only format available. Last movie I saw in 3D was Alice in wonderland.


Jaws 4 is not a good movie, irregardless of how much time they show Bruce.
post #13228 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Jaws 3 is awesome. The younger Brody boy is just driving drunk all over the place and everybody thinks it's funny.

That's because the Brody's were really based off the kennedys...just lucky the franchise didn't last long enough for him to have a daughter...
post #13229 of 14413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Jaws 4 is not a good movie, irregardless of how much time they show Bruce.

Did you here me say it?

1 is great the rest are crap. My dad was on the islands when they were filiming back in the 70s and I recall him telling me his boss wouldn't go in a pool for a few years after it came out.
post #13230 of 14413

The Lobster - Yorgos Lanthimos (2015)

 

 

 



An absurd tragicomedy about our civilisation's difficulties with human needs and lack of relational skills. 

Ok, but a bit too obvious. Colin Farrel in one of his less memorable roles, not bad, but why him. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › What Movies Are You Watching Lately