or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › What Movies Are You Watching Lately
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Movies Are You Watching Lately - Page 870

post #13036 of 14426

post #13037 of 14426
Yahoo Serious in Young Einstein.

lefty
post #13038 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Yahoo Serious in Young Einstein.

lefty


YES! That was the one I meant.
post #13039 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcmcklwht View Post

Thx all for the australian recommendations, keep em coming if you got more. Here's some I've seen lately and enjoyed, not Stricly Ballroom/Muriel great, but maybe worth seeing...Starstruck (1982), The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972), The Club (1980), Don's Party (1976), The Castle (1997), Dear Claudia (1999), Tracks (2013) and the Jack Irish TV-series/movies with Guy Pearce

Jack Irish are great yarns. If you enjoyed that try the Peter Corris Cliff Hardy novels, The Greenwich Appartments is one of my favourites.

There are tales within the Oz film industry about a sub titled versionn of The Adventures of Barry McKenzie film for the English market. My film lecturer at UTS knew the producer and he regaled us with some. "shove your head up a dead bears arse" became ' place thy cranium in the sphincter of a deceased burin'.
post #13040 of 14426

Home Alone 2.

 

Gosh that kid is ruthless.

post #13041 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post


Jack Irish are great yarns. If you enjoyed that try the Peter Corris Cliff Hardy novels, The Greenwich Appartments is one of my favourites.

There are tales within the Oz film industry about a sub titled versionn of The Adventures of Barry McKenzie film for the English market. My film lecturer at UTS knew the producer and he regaled us with some. "shove your head up a dead bears arse" became ' place thy cranium in the sphincter of a deceased burin'.

Thanks for the tip, I think I've read a couple and that I liked them, not sure, will definitely look for them in the future. I know I've read a few about that guy that works for a politician/political party in Melbourne (?) and enjoyed them.

 

Maybe wrong thread... but I watched stand up John Mulaney's The Comeback Kid last night, very good

post #13042 of 14426

Ruthless I tell you.

post #13043 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

Home Alone 2.

Gosh that kid is ruthless.

Have you seen the 5 or so min clip of Mcully playing him as a character in today's time ?


Christmas story times somewhere in the upper 30s
post #13044 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post


Have you seen the 5 or so min clip of Mcully playing him as a character in today's time ?


Christmas story times somewhere in the upper 30s

link me mate

post #13045 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

link me mate

http://youtu.be/yh7-wAy_8ss
post #13046 of 14426
In the Heart of the Sea. I so wanted to love this movie. I fucking love Moby Dick, and it's never really been done right on screen. And then this fucking tragedy comes along. What was even the fucking point of it? Terrible shit. Fucking pissed me off to no end.

EDIT - This is also going back aways but the first time I read anything about Moby Dick was the Comics Illustrated Classics version. They had a Reader's Digest edit of the story with a hand drawn illustration on every other page. The story was fantastic! So after that I went and read the actual book. It was a stupid fucking hardcover book from the fucking public library. Holy lolz.

DOUBLE EDIT - Great Illustrated Classics. HA! I was reading the knockoff brand of comics of classic stories.
post #13047 of 14426

 

 

It's not Moby Dick, but the premise of being consumed by catching the prey at sea is the same. I liked the film.

post #13048 of 14426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post





It's not Moby Dick, but the premise of being consumed by catching the prey at sea is the same. I liked the film.


Oh definitely, that's a good one.
post #13049 of 14426
The last time I saw jaws I was surprised at how supremely satisfied I felt watching quint get eaten by the shark.
post #13050 of 14426

 

Seven Samurai meets The Wild Bunch.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › What Movies Are You Watching Lately