or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Had the best experience with the Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Had the best experience with the Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
As long as this is allowed I'd like to share my experience with the Allen Edmonds seconds store/Shoe Bank. I emailed the Leeds, AL location asking for suggestions, and was promptly replied to by the Store Manager Nate. We exchanged a few emails until I settled on the pair I wanted, and I called in to place the order. He was very patient and courteous, the kind of service I would expect from one of their full retail locations. I was surprised by their selection as well, seemed to have most sizes and styles. The shoes came very well packaged and were beautiful. The pricing is not as low as Ebay, but as the rumors go, I couldn't tell my pair were 'seconds.' Looked brand new to me. I'm in no way affiliated with the store, just a satisfied customer and I figure if we can have the "Who was your rudest customer?" thread we should be able to give credit where it's due
post #2 of 19
wait for it....
post #3 of 19
post #4 of 19
You should be proud. This will be quite an achievement for a veteran
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
You should be proud. This will be quite an achievement for a veteran

Enlighten me, please
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by longskate88 View Post
The pricing is not as low as Ebay, but as the rumors go, I couldn't tell my pair were 'seconds.' Looked brand new to me.

I'm not sure what rumors you are referring to, but AE "seconds" are new but have some flaw (often quite minor) that caused them to flunk quality control. They always let you know when they sell you seconds.
That said, I've gotten great phone service from an AE Shoe Bank as well.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
I'm not sure what rumors you are referring to, but AE "seconds" are new but have some flaw (often quite minor) that caused them to flunk quality control. They always let you know when they sell you seconds.
That said, I've gotten great phone service from an AE Shoe Bank as well.

Certainly. I understand they aren't first quality, but in this case the defect was so minor I couldn't find it.
post #8 of 19
Speaking of AE Shoe Banks, I'm in Mequon, WI for the Thanksgiving holiday and yesterday I made the short drive to Port Washington. Customer service was excellent and I picked up a pair of Bostons for $159. Good to hear that other shoe banks are also holding up their customer service as well.
post #9 of 19
On a slightly related note, I received "1st"s that appears to be 2nds when I ordered from AE directly. They took it back and shipped a another (also appearing to be 2nds but I was too tired to exchange it back at that point). Decent shoes though, and while error-prone the AE customer service is very accommodating and friendly. Just a word of caution to those wanting to order 1sts. Might want to start with 2nds.
post #10 of 19
having purchased and tried on a number of "seconds" at ae outlet in freeport maine, I can attest that the flaws that make them seconds are generally neglidgible and often found on 1st quality shoes in the form of shopwear or the result of careless packaging (e.g. store clerk throws shoes back into box and they get scuffed). One thing to note, however, is that the 2nds don't come with the felt shoe bags. On a related note, Edward wickham, who is the manger of the freeport store, gets my higest recommendation for customer service.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
Just a word of caution to those wanting to order 1sts. Might want to start with 2nds.

surely a good rule for life
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste_pista View Post
having purchased and tried on a number of "seconds" at ae outlet in freeport maine, I can attest that the flaws that make them seconds are generally neglidgible and often found on 1st quality shoes in the form of shopwear or the result of careless packaging (e.g. store clerk throws shoes back into box and they get scuffed). One thing to note, however, is that the 2nds don't come with the felt shoe bags. On a related note, Edward wickham, who is the manger of the freeport store, gets my higest recommendation for customer service.

A minor point, but mine actually did come with shoe bags. Maybe it depends what they have in stock at the time.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
On a slightly related note, I received "1st"s that appears to be 2nds when I ordered from AE directly. They took it back and shipped a another (also appearing to be 2nds but I was too tired to exchange it back at that point).

Decent shoes though, and while error-prone the AE customer service is very accommodating and friendly.

Just a word of caution to those wanting to order 1sts. Might want to start with 2nds.

This always comes into my mind when I hear about the seconds. I've seen way to many 1st quality Aldens and Allen Edmonds that look like total shit to think that the seconds are somehow going to be amazing. I wonder if the people who get the seconds and think they're great just aren't very critical.
post #14 of 19
hey first post!

I was just in Port Washington last weekend for my annual trip to the shoe bank.

I've found their service to always be top notch. I won't lie, the 2 staff that helped me this time were not the experts I've been use to in the past but were bend over backwards accommodating and friendly.

The 1st vs 2nds debate. I can usually visually tell the two apart but the flaws are usually exceedingly minor. I always buy in person so I know exactly what I'm getting.

I had never seen a pair of AE's not come with the shoe bags (or cloth covering) until last week. so I'm not sure whats up with that.

Although I wanted to comment that I was really disappointed with this years lineup. It looks like they cancelled the crosstown collection after only a year or two and while they were a tad on the casual end of the spectrum they were more contemporary then their usual offerings.


Picked up a pair of their now discontinued Weybridge in chili which I've had my eye on for a while and think is positively stunning.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes View Post

Picked up a pair of their now discontinued Weybridge in chili which I've had my eye on for a while and think is positively stunning.

My favorite AEs! Mine are over 2 years old and have developed a nice patina.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Had the best experience with the Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank