or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Opinions needed on a pair of Clarks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinions needed on a pair of Clarks

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi, need some opiniions on this pair of Clarks.



Is it worth getting at $90USD?
post #2 of 10
Horrible last. Below average quality. Their shoes look better on pictures then on your feet. I bought a pare from Zappos once and returned them right away.
Never buy them without trying. Actually, never buy them, period.
post #3 of 10
Clarks are great for desert boots and Wallabees, but not much else.
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the advices! I had the impression that Clarks shoes are good since its from UK.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatiger
Thanks for the advices! I had the impression that Clarks shoes are good since its from UK.
Not no more, they ain't! Think Slovenia, China, wherever's cheap. Actually, I shouldn't knock 'em too much. I've gotten good service from some of my Clarks in their proper role as cheap, knockabout shoes for walking the dog, working in the yard...that sort of thing.
post #6 of 10
I like the idea, but the details are horrible. They're not worth $90.00.
post #7 of 10
Have you checked out the new Allen Edmonds Taunton? Its more money, but an infinitely better shoe. It'll last 3 times as long, and look way better along the way.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
Have you checked out the new Allen Edmonds Taunton? Its more money, but an infinitely better shoe. It'll last 3 times as long, and look way better along the way.
Wonderful suggestion! If you live in the US then go for AE. You would be mortified if you saw how much they charge for them in Japan and Europe. As for how much longer they will last, 3 times is a pretty conservative estimate. I would say that the Clarks will fall apart after a year but the AEs should last you between 10-20 years. If you think you are saving money by buying Chinese made rubbish then you are only kidding yourself. Also AE is made in the good ol' US of A. So support your fellow Americans, look sharp and - in the long term - save yourself some money. Personally I would only get the Clarks if they paid me $90. I would keep the $90 and throw away the shoes.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator
Wonderful suggestion! If you live in the US then go for AE. You would be mortified if you saw how much they charge for them in Japan and Europe. As for how much longer they will last, 3 times is a pretty conservative estimate. I would say that the Clarks will fall apart after a year but the AEs should last you between 10-20 years. If you think you are saving money by buying Chinese made rubbish then you are only kidding yourself. Also AE is made in the good ol' US of A. So support your fellow Americans, look sharp and - in the long term - save yourself some money.

Personally I would only get the Clarks if they paid me $90. I would keep the $90 and throw away the shoes.

A little unfair to Clarks. I have a pair of made-in-China Clarks that I have owned for four years and walked literally hundreds of miles in while walking my recently deceased dog. All I have ever done for them is daub some Shoe Goo on their worn down heels, and they're good for more miles. I will agree that A-E is a much high-quality, better-made shoe, of course.
post #10 of 10
the wallabee is classic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Opinions needed on a pair of Clarks