or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thomas Mason Shirtings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thomas Mason Shirtings - Page 2

post #16 of 29
I too like Acorn/Classic. I avoid anything greater than 2x120. I find it too wrinkly, too sheer, and too airy fairy. I like that fact that 2x100-120s are more substantial in the same way that I like towels to be thick and juicy.
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post
FYI

Who knows where the Acorn grange quality is being produced.
Carl

Well according to Acorn themselves:

The cotton used in the Grange quality is grown in the Sudan

And woven 20 minutes away in a local Mill here in Lancashire, England.
post #18 of 29
Does anyone know of a website that shows the silverline collection? Albini only seems to show the goldline.
post #19 of 29
how dare you question the origin of the acorn goods. You will be scorned and maybe sued.
post #20 of 29
sudan? are you serious, send lawyers guns and shirting
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcharles View Post
sudan? are you serious, send lawyers guns and shirting
The shirt has hit the Fran.

RIP, Warren.
post #22 of 29
your such an excitable boy
post #23 of 29
I'd like to meet his tailor.
post #24 of 29
I propose a ban on the word "shirting(s)", unless it is spoken by someone wearing a monocle.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefinzi View Post
I propose a ban on the word "shirting(s)", unless it is spoken by someone wearing a monocle.
Why does Sator get a pass?
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefinzi View Post
I propose a ban on the word "shirting(s)", unless it is spoken by someone wearing a monocle.

It's actually a trademan's term rather than some form of iGentry. Here is another example:

http://www.stratco.com.au/products/r...group_page.asp

In this case, it is about builders talking about roofing and walling. Another extension of the grammatical construction amongst tailors is suiting, coating, overcoating. Oddly I haven't yet heard of trousering - or if you are American, I guess it's pant(s)ing.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator View Post
It's actually a trademan's term rather than some form of iGentry. Here is another example:

http://www.stratco.com.au/products/r...group_page.asp

In this case, it is about builders talking about roofing and walling. Another extension of the grammatical construction amongst tailors is suiting, coating, overcoating. Oddly I haven't yet heard of trousering - or if you are American, I guess it's pant(s)ing.

I believe that is because pantsing has an entirely different meaning....
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Does anyone know of a website that shows the silverline collection? Albini only seems to show the goldline.
SELF QUOTE. Since my question was the bump that revived this thread. Anyone?
post #29 of 29
Albini's DJ Anderson line, especially the 'new' 240s is wonderful, equalling some of Riva's offerings. The Lino 130's is also great, I believe it is the finest grade linen shirt fabric you can get. Iammatt, there are some new colourways now, I just got a blue with white stripes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thomas Mason Shirtings