Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best SC with Jeans - Who did it best? VOTE!!!! Last post on 2/19/11 at 1:14pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Good tailor in Vancouver? - Page 25
Haven't had one made so no idea on quality, but I checked with Oakridge last time I was in there and they gave me a very ballpark figure of $2k for a two piece. It's to be expected that they wouldn't be able to compete on price with the HK tailors just because of the higher labor costs and smaller market here. (My HK tailor charges around $600-$800 for a two piece).
I am also going through the same issue with Vancouver Custom Suits. I ordered two suits and shirts in the beginning of May, and they also told me 2 months. Obviously the wedding has come and gone, and the new girl "Lisa" told me prior that she was sending emails every day to the tailor to see if they could be shipped, but she had not been able to speak to them. Further phone calls have only met with an automated message saying they are not able to respond to phone or email, and further dates in July were advised. I have called today, after being advised July 17th was the next day they would be back, and the phone now appears to be disconnected. Apparently they have run away with the money...
Incredible. I too have attempted to phone Vancouver Custom Suits (604-600-7073), just moments ago, and I can confirm that their line is disconnected. I have asked for a full refund -- which I sternly believe is the only fair course of action at this point -- and am waiting to hear from Vancouver Custom Suits. I have also contacted Groupon. They are now trying to reach Vancouver Custom Suits themselves.
If you are a customer of Vancouver Custom Suits and experiencing the same problems, I would encourage you to voice your grievances with Vancouver Custom Suits directly, in this forum, or through these outlets:
I'm also going through the a similar situation except my fiancée managed to get ahold of the lady and demand the suit. She agreed and we were directed to meet her at their new store front location on Davie and Burrard where she was getting out of a taxi with suits in hand. I tried on my suit and the fit was all wrong, she said she would make the nesisary adjustments and call me in a week when it came back in. But I noticed she never wrote down anything or even measured the adjustments to be made and now it seems like their phones are disconnected both here in Vancouver and at Toronto custom suits aswell. I have contact Groupon about this and they are investigating it. If you bought a Groupon I would do the same. I should of took my suit and ran that day!!!!!
Is there a chance that the suit in question -- the suit that "she was getting out of a taxi with" -- wasn't even yours? You say the fit was all wrong, that she never wrote anything, or took any measurements. It sounds like she duped you.
I too have been had by Vancouver Custom Suits. They told me to meet them to pick my suit up on July 11th and sent me to someone elses store at Davie and Burrard, which was closed. When I called, I got their voicemail about returning July 17th. They're obvioulsy gone now, same with Toronto. I've made a complaint to Groupon as well. We should all keep in touch and see where we get.
A little more info:
the store i was sent to at 1232 Burrard is now called Kelsall Suits...the owner of Toronto Custom Suits name is John Kelsall (according to linkedin). Connection is a little obvious here.
New website (in progress) http://kelsall.designers99.com/index.php
A few tweets:
Check out our new location - 1232 Burrard @ Davie Street in Vancouver. Grand Opening this weekend! Friday-Sunday, 9am-10pm. See you there!
it's happy hour! free custom shirt with any purchase...come check us out. 1232 Burrard St at Davie! 4-7pm
Nothing yet from Vancouver Custom Suits. Calling (604) 600-7073 now gets you a ring tone and a voicemail message that says they are "closed for business". Has anyone tried visiting Kelsall Suits at 1232 Burrard St.? Is this location a store front? Or it is an office-type set-up, like their previous location in Yaletown?
Thanks for staying in touch, guys. Please keep everyone in the loop.
- Good tailor in Vancouver?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden 986 size question 16 minutes ago
- › Elite Suits - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 19 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw