Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best SC with Jeans - Who did it best? VOTE!!!! Last post on 2/19/11 at 1:14pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good tailor in Vancouver? - Page 25post #361 of 5225/13/12 at 1:43pmSome of the buttonholes on my shirt are starting to unravel, anyone else have this problem before? Wondering if anyone knows a place that can lock it down and redo the undone parts of the buttonhole. Went to a couple of places, one suggested hand sewing with a buttonhole stitch while another suggested machine sewing to try and somewhat match the current zigzag stitch. Would've gone to Oakridge Tailors but they're going away for a couple of weeks and I don't want to wait that long. TIA
Styleforum Top Pickspost #362 of 5225/16/12 at 10:09pmpost #363 of 5225/23/12 at 10:24ampost #364 of 5227/1/12 at 6:03pmQuote:
Haven't had one made so no idea on quality, but I checked with Oakridge last time I was in there and they gave me a very ballpark figure of $2k for a two piece. It's to be expected that they wouldn't be able to compete on price with the HK tailors just because of the higher labor costs and smaller market here. (My HK tailor charges around $600-$800 for a two piece).post #365 of 5227/10/12 at 10:09pmOmg. Going though hell with them right now. 3 of us ordered suits for a wedding. Puchaced the suits end of april and they still have not arrived. We were told 2 months. There has been no followup by Vancouver Custom Suits. So far they have fallen short of all thier promises. Horrible business practices.post #366 of 5227/17/12 at 6:32ampost #367 of 5227/18/12 at 10:45am
I am also going through the same issue with Vancouver Custom Suits. I ordered two suits and shirts in the beginning of May, and they also told me 2 months. Obviously the wedding has come and gone, and the new girl "Lisa" told me prior that she was sending emails every day to the tailor to see if they could be shipped, but she had not been able to speak to them. Further phone calls have only met with an automated message saying they are not able to respond to phone or email, and further dates in July were advised. I have called today, after being advised July 17th was the next day they would be back, and the phone now appears to be disconnected. Apparently they have run away with the money...post #368 of 5227/18/12 at 12:28pmI'm also going through the a similar situation except my fiancée managed to get ahold of the lady and demand the suit. She agreed and we were directed to meet her at their new store front location on Davie and Burrard where she was getting out of a taxi with suits in hand. I tried on my suit and the fit was all wrong, she said she would make the nesisary adjustments and call me in a week when it came back in. But I noticed she never wrote down anything or even measured the adjustments to be made and now it seems like their phones are disconnected both here in Vancouver and at Toronto custom suits aswell. I have contact Groupon about this and they are investigating it. If you bought a Groupon I would do the same. I should of took my suit and ran that day!!!!!post #369 of 5227/18/12 at 12:34pm
Incredible. I too have attempted to phone Vancouver Custom Suits (604-600-7073), just moments ago, and I can confirm that their line is disconnected. I have asked for a full refund -- which I sternly believe is the only fair course of action at this point -- and am waiting to hear from Vancouver Custom Suits. I have also contacted Groupon. They are now trying to reach Vancouver Custom Suits themselves.
If you are a customer of Vancouver Custom Suits and experiencing the same problems, I would encourage you to voice your grievances with Vancouver Custom Suits directly, in this forum, or through these outlets:post #370 of 5227/18/12 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by TonyW
I'm also going through the a similar situation except my fiancée managed to get ahold of the lady and demand the suit. She agreed and we were directed to meet her at their new store front location on Davie and Burrard where she was getting out of a taxi with suits in hand. I tried on my suit and the fit was all wrong, she said she would make the nesisary adjustments and call me in a week when it came back in. But I noticed she never wrote down anything or even measured the adjustments to be made and now it seems like their phones are disconnected both here in Vancouver and at Toronto custom suits aswell. I have contact Groupon about this and they are investigating it. If you bought a Groupon I would do the same. I should of took my suit and ran that day!!!!!
Is there a chance that the suit in question -- the suit that "she was getting out of a taxi with" -- wasn't even yours? You say the fit was all wrong, that she never wrote anything, or took any measurements. It sounds like she duped you.post #371 of 5227/18/12 at 2:09pm
I too have been had by Vancouver Custom Suits. They told me to meet them to pick my suit up on July 11th and sent me to someone elses store at Davie and Burrard, which was closed. When I called, I got their voicemail about returning July 17th. They're obvioulsy gone now, same with Toronto. I've made a complaint to Groupon as well. We should all keep in touch and see where we get.post #372 of 5227/18/12 at 2:24pmpost #373 of 5227/18/12 at 2:27pm
A little more info:
the store i was sent to at 1232 Burrard is now called Kelsall Suits...the owner of Toronto Custom Suits name is John Kelsall (according to linkedin). Connection is a little obvious here.
New website (in progress) http://kelsall.designers99.com/index.php
A few tweets:
Check out our new location - 1232 Burrard @ Davie Street in Vancouver. Grand Opening this weekend! Friday-Sunday, 9am-10pm. See you there!
it's happy hour! free custom shirt with any purchase...come check us out. 1232 Burrard St at Davie! 4-7pmpost #374 of 5227/18/12 at 4:04pmpost #375 of 5227/19/12 at 1:01pm
Nothing yet from Vancouver Custom Suits. Calling (604) 600-7073 now gets you a ring tone and a voicemail message that says they are "closed for business". Has anyone tried visiting Kelsall Suits at 1232 Burrard St.? Is this location a store front? Or it is an office-type set-up, like their previous location in Yaletown?
Thanks for staying in touch, guys. Please keep everyone in the loop.
- Good tailor in Vancouver?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › ℒℴvℰ ℬaℂk ℬy Vashikaran +91-9829866507ℒℴvℰ ℳaℝℝℐaℊℰ spℰℂiAlist... 52 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 53 seconds ago
- › +91-9166647583 vashikaran specialist in albania 59 seconds ago
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 1 minute ago
- › ψशुभ-विवाहψ+919829866507}}iNtErCaSt LoVe MaRrIaGe LoVe BaCk... 1 minute ago
- › InTeR CaSt कास्टLoVe MaRrIaGe+919829866507 LoVe BaCk sPeCiAlIsT 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9166647583 vashikaran specialist in australia 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...