or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "high end" brand quality opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"high end" brand quality opinions - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with these Italian luxury brands. They're all over priced IMHO, a situation exacerbated by the dollar/euro exchange rate.

We aren't all enamored. There is a tiny but loyal group of Samuelsohn fans here -- the best value in MTM, IMO. Great for people who don't feel like paying an extra $1100 for extremely obscure sartorial details nobody will ever see.
post #17 of 31
I get that, but have you had a SUIT made at Nordies?
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
We aren't all enamored. There is a tiny but loyal group of Samuelsohn fans here -- the best value in MTM, IMO. Great for people who don't feel like paying an extra $1100 for extremely obscure sartorial details nobody will ever see.
Apologies in stitches, I'm not trying to hijack your thread... I like Samuelsohn as well. I've been thinking about THIS odd jacket for a week or two already: Camel Hair Sportcoat by Samuelsohn - Tan Crowsfoot: $995.00 from O'Connells
post #19 of 31
Thread Starter 
havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore
post #20 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Apologies in stitches, I'm not trying to hijack your thread...

I like Samuelsohn as well. I've been thinking about THIS odd jacket for a week or two already:

Camel Hair Sportcoat by Samuelsohn - Tan Crowsfoot:


$995.00 from O'Connells

no problem all posts are welcome here its fun to watch the progression of a thread
post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
no problem all posts are welcome here its fun to watch the progression of a thread

I agree. It's very exciting.
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore

Well, I can definitely recommend the Nordies at Tysons. Pentagon City is pretty good, too. The closest store to me is Montgomery Mall, and my suit-gal left.
post #23 of 31
Go see Elio over at English/American in Westminster
post #24 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
Well, I can definitely recommend the Nordies at Tysons. Pentagon City is pretty good, too. The closest store to me is Montgomery Mall, and my suit-gal left.

thanks, i havent been to tysons but ive heard good things about it and its not too far ill have to get out there sooner than later
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore

I don't really follow your logic here. I don't see how the quality of work of whoever your local Nordstroms uses for alterations has any bearing whatsoever on the expectation of quality from Samuelsohn MTM sold through Nordstroms.
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel View Post
Isaia gives the best bang for the buck at retail hands down.
I'm in agreement with this comment.
post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
I don't really follow your logic here. I don't see how the quality of work of whoever your local Nordstroms uses for alterations has any bearing whatsoever on the expectation of quality from Samuelsohn MTM sold through Nordstroms.

i mean to say i wouldnt trust them to take my measurements and translate them properly and if there was an error i think they might leave me to hold the bag. now if a tailor from samuelsohn was there to do the fitting that would be different
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
savile row would be nice but considering i live in maryland sadly it isnt really feasable

Try Cad & the Dandy then. You can order from them online, if you wish.
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
Try Cad & the Dandy then. You can order from them online, if you wish.
Have you ordered from them? Experience? I have a nephew who is in need of a service of this type.
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
Have you ordered from them? Experience? I have a nephew who is in need of a service of this type.

i'm also be interested for feedback on cad & dandy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › "high end" brand quality opinions