or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Back Pockets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Back Pockets

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
For those who use MTM or bespoke and have back pockets in trousers how do you prefer them to fasten?

Button/hole
button/tab
button/flap

??


Forget - those who do not either fasten them or use them it is the more precise point that is in issue here.
post #2 of 11
And here I was all ready to type that they just spoil the line of the trousers and should be dispensed with.
post #3 of 11
Regular button/hole.
post #4 of 11
I prefer a simple button and hole or nothing at all. I like streamlined and don't like excessive pieces. Not that I can afford MTM.
post #5 of 11
Right side only, cut through buttonhole, no tab, no flap.
post #6 of 11
Sometimes no pockets, especially when in conjunction with those high rear suspended waists (don't know the proper term,) can look decidedly feminine. I'm thinking here of a picture of Thomas Mahon that was posted here a while ago.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Sometimes no pockets, especially when in conjunction with those high rear suspended waists (don't know the proper term,) can look decidedly feminine. I'm thinking here of a picture of Thomas Mahon that was posted here a while ago.

I disagree.

Cut through buttonhole without a tab or flat is my choice with non high-back trousers.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopee
I disagree.

Cut through buttonhole without a tab or flat is my choice with non high-back trousers.
If I could find the pic of Mahon I think you'd agree.
post #9 of 11
The only time I'd personally get no pockets is on a dinner suit.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
The only time I'd personally get no pockets is on a dinner suit.
Good to have your mind made up by the time you are 17.
post #11 of 11
I'm not 17. It does well to check your facts before you practice subtle assholery. As a side note, I find it funny that you imply aesthetic preferences aren't possible/developed in one's late teens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Back Pockets