or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cheap raw selvage denim?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheap raw selvage denim?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I know this topic has probably been beaten to a pulp, but what is the cheapest pair of selvage raw denim I can get? I like my 501's for the "raw" factor, but I'm not too found of the quality of fabric or the fit. I'd like something not as tapered at the hem.
post #2 of 23
501 are not tapered at the hem, so you must be looking for bootcuts, or flares. you cant really cut selvage like that, so your choices are gonna be very limited. and not cheap. i think Pure Blue Japan, and nudie, make selvage bootcuts, but are 200+
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
501 are not tapered at the hem, so you must be looking for bootcuts, or flares. you cant really cut selvage like that, so your choices are gonna be very limited. and not cheap. i think Pure Blue Japan, and nudie, make selvage bootcuts, but are 200+
I find my 501's "scrounge" up at that bottom? I like my jeans to go past the back of my sneakers. With Chucks they're fine (and many hightops), but w/ my Dunks they get stuck up on TOP of the shoe...maye I just need a bigger hem?
post #4 of 23
Uniqlo dry selvage is probably the cheapest option. They are cut straightleg and though I haven't tried 501s in a really long time, are probably a bit wider at the hem than those. They definitely aren't tapered.
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Uniqlo dry selvage is probably the cheapest option. They are cut straightleg and though I haven't tried 501s in a really long time, are probably a bit wider at the hem than those. They definitely aren't tapered.
Uniqlo selvage is no where to be found in the states, or am I misinterpreting something.
post #6 of 23
I don't know if it's available in the states, though I was sure someone recently said they still had it for about $50-60.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
I don't know if it's available in the states, though I was sure someone recently said they still had it for about $50-60.
I'm on the japanese site right now..so far nothing for selvage
post #8 of 23
It was called "shuttle denim" when I got it. But again, I could be wrong. Where's weirdnjfan and the other NJ members?
post #9 of 23
Uniqlo must've stopped producing their greenline selvedge. They sold their entire london stock off for £9 a pair last year and then it disappeared without trace from all their stores.
post #10 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritical
Uniqlo must've stopped producing their greenline selvedge. They sold their entire london stock off for £9 a pair last year and then it disappeared without trace from all their stores.
that's what i remembeer reading...so w/ uniqlo out of the question, what other brands? APC?
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
It was called "shuttle denim" when I got it. But again, I could be wrong. Where's weirdnjfan and the other NJ members?


Sorry I'm late, I was busy at work this morning. The thing with Uniqlo here in the US is that they are still starting out here. The selection in the two stores that I visit regularly is pretty good, but now where near full potentional that it could be. Yes j, we do have the Shuttle Loom Denim that you are talking about, but sad to say that it isn't raw yet. We do have two washes, one dark and one that is a greenish-brown color. The closest thing that we have raw is the one wash jeans that they have in two different colors, the blue and the recent black. I really wish that they had the raw selvage here in the states, but I guess that only time will tell if they bring it over here.
post #12 of 23
I could be wrong but by all reports it's not available in Japan anymore, either.
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
Sorry I'm late, I was busy at work this morning. The thing with Uniqlo here in the US is that they are still starting out here. The selection in the two stores that I visit regularly is pretty good, but now where near full potentional that it could be. Yes j, we do have the Shuttle Loom Denim that you are talking about, but sad to say that it isn't raw yet. We do have two washes, one dark and one that is a greenish-brown color. The closest thing that we have raw is the one wash jeans that they have in two different colors, the blue and the recent black. I really wish that they had the raw selvage here in the states, but I guess that only time will tell if they bring it over here.
So you do have a one wash selvage?
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritical
They sold their entire london stock off for £9 a pair last year and then it disappeared without trace from all their stores.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
I really wish that they had the raw selvage here in the states, but I guess that only time will tell if they bring it over here.

Well at least there's still some hope.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cheap raw selvage denim?