or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Testoni shoes on STP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Testoni shoes on STP

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Pretty good prices...not sure on quality.
post #2 of 17
Great spotting, Artisan Fan. Testoni shoes can be really nice, but they produce several grades. The lowest line is the Studium line, and they are no hell at all. The Black Label line are better, and the A. Testoni (or Amedeo Testoni) line are really nice. I wonder what lines these STP shoes come from. At the stated retail prices on some of them, you'd suspect the top two lines, I guess. Might be worth a call to STP.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
I'm tempted but saving my money for Gaziano MTO and bespoke.
post #4 of 17
How exactly do you spot the top line Testonis, and how is the leather quality of these compared to the forum favorites? The old threads reflect an opinion that Testonis are extremely overpriced and some people felt the leather creased very much and felt it was inferior in terms of leather to forum favorites.

Also, how is the sizing of these compared to EGs and C&Js?
post #5 of 17
i've gotta say, i've always been impressed with the Testoni's at STP. can't afford them but i think they look gorgeous. c'mon, these look pretty decent: so can anyone weigh in as to how they compare with EG/JL? -Jeff
post #6 of 17
I have looked at several pairs of Testoni here and there -I have to say the edges of their leather and detailing is consistently nice!
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelan
so can anyone weigh in as to how they compare with EG/JL?
I've been told that Testoni is famous for Bologna construction, which is different from that used in JL/EG in that it's more flexible and lighter, but not as sturdy.

Which is why I asked specifically about leather quality, lest the usual suspects hijack the thread and launch into pseudo-economic/psychoanalytic etymological discussions of the word "quality" and then throw in an epithet-laden "request" to check the old threads.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
How exactly do you spot the top line Testonis, and how is the leather quality of these compared to the forum favorites? The old threads reflect an opinion that Testonis are extremely overpriced and some people felt the leather creased very much and felt it was inferior in terms of leather to forum favorites.

Also, how is the sizing of these compared to EGs and C&Js?

The current top of the line (Amedeo) have this design on the soles
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Great spotting, Artisan Fan. Testoni shoes can be really nice, but they produce several grades. The lowest line is the Studium line, and they are no hell at all. The Black Label line are better, and the A. Testoni (or Amedeo Testoni) line are really nice. I wonder what lines these STP shoes come from. At the stated retail prices on some of them, you'd suspect the top two lines, I guess. Might be worth a call to STP.

Some STP Testoni's have designs on the soles that would indicate those shoes are from the Amedeo line. If they are from the black label line, the soles are stamped "black label". STP supplies a view of the sole for most
testoni shoes. If you so a search, you will find many sites selling the same shoes for full retail.
post #10 of 17
just as an example, these have the sole:



they're just called Benchmade Dress Shoes.

-Jeff
post #11 of 17
How is the sizing compared to C&J or EG?
post #12 of 17
It's hard to believe STP sold all the Testoni shoes they had listed just a few days ago?
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty
It's hard to believe STP sold all the Testoni shoes they had listed just a few days ago?

That wan't a few days ago that was more than a month ago that they were listed.
post #14 of 17
I have to imagine they'll magically re-appear after this round of sales. They were on there literally a day or two before the current sale.
post #15 of 17
And they are back on at $599.95 as you predicted.

BTW, some of the Testoni's on Yoox have been marked down. The brown wholecuts to $478 and the maroon to $538. With the operating 15% off code that works out nicely for shoes that apparently were closer to double the original $599 if that is actually the case.

The Yoox shoes have the same carved soles that the STP Testoni monkstrap shows and Mr Monty illustrates above, whatever that means.

Perry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Testoni shoes on STP