or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Stains/tears/mud on dry denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stains/tears/mud on dry denim

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Hey y'all

Had the pleasure of having my first near-mugging experience tonight. Walking home tonight and two guys on a motorcycle decided I apparently was paying for drinks this weekend. Started to run, tripped, gashed the palms of my hands and then traded a few punches/kicks before hailing a cab to call it a night. Bastards didn't steal shit off me.

But on to the good stuff...How/would you get rid of these stains...

Here's the before (note the 1989 Michael Penn "March" tour shirt...now complete with holes):

And after...
post #2 of 14
Shit, man, good to hear you're ok. Mud can be brushed off; if not, it'll fade on its own. The tear is iffy, but you can try basic repair sewing in the back to try and secure loose threads. Or you can do something less subtle and sew around it or use a patch. Blood's iffy. You might be able to soak it out somewhat, but most methods that would reliably remove it (rinsing immediately with cold water, stain pretreatment, cold soak in detergent, then washing) aren't really feasible. You're probably best off leaving it. If anyone asks, you got street cred, homes.
post #3 of 14
hell no let that stuff sink in. thats your guts right there you kicked some ass and they're your badge of honor.
post #4 of 14
seriously good that you are ok.

fuckers.

but im with brian. do not wash that blood off.

your jeans now have a great story to tell.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
your jeans now have a great story to tell.
indigo is a living color it breathes and lives. we are tight like a rock band and the inspiration for denim springs from the dreams and desires that we create and love with the living color of indigo and the lifespan of denim the most beautiful fabric. i troll too much to be a mod
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
indigo is a living color it breathes and lives. we are tight like a rock band and the inspiration for denim springs from the dreams and desires that we create and love with the living color of indigo and the lifespan of denim the most beautiful fabric.



i troll too much to be a mod

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Ok, I'll be honest. It was really a trick question. I just wanted to brush off a bit of my dirt. But seriously, first thing after being beat was...man...no real tears on the jeans? These scratches will look awesome. Thanks for converting me into caring more for my jeans than my own personal well-being. Chicks dig scars, scratches heal, and in a few months I'll have jeans that are the tits.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
Ok, I'll be honest. It was really a trick question. I just wanted to brush off a bit of my dirt. But seriously, first thing after being beat was...man...no real tears on the jeans? These scratches will look awesome.

Thanks for converting me into caring more for my jeans than my own personal well-being.

Chicks dig scars, scratches heal, and in a few months I'll have jeans that are the tits.

A true denim head right there!

My first thought reading this was omfgwtfbbq, glad your ok.
Second was only on SF would someone post photos of their post fight denim. The third thought was oh my lord, that looks awesome, a pity it took a bifo and an almost mugging to happen.

There's a story there for the next 20 years!

Nice job?

--Wade
post #9 of 14
It was not until halfway through this thread that I realized you meant TEARS (rhymes with heirs) not TEARS (like blood, sweat and...); I was gonna say kudos on making your assailants cry! Good to hear you are all right. I learned on the future that your own saliva is an anti-coagulant for your own blood. Fill up a glass with spit and go at it. If it is mugger blood, you may have to track them down and extract a saliva donation. I would leave all that grime in there for character. BUT, I've read accounts (SERGE?) of mud easily coming off in a cold gentle handwash. yippeekayaymuffuggas!
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
My head's still a little stiff but nothing a few drinks tonight won't fix. The two guys sure were pissed about me running, fighting back, and bailing without so much as them taking a penny. I should have probably thanked them and taken down their numbers in case anyone in the sammy superfuture contest wanted that extra "street fighter" edge. I'm gonna take a nice hand wash to it today to get off a bit of the dirt because really, everything else about it says "fuck off." And those Nancy's pay Abercrombie to do to their jeans what a near mugging can take care of for free... Post pics to come.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
I should have probably thanked them and taken down their numbers in case anyone in the sammy superfuture contest wanted that extra "street fighter" edge.
I can just see it now, a rash of assaults in major cities as SFers start shit in an attempt to win the contest with extra street cred for their jeans.
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I can just see it now, a rash of assaults in major cities as SFers start shit in an attempt to win the contest with extra street cred for their jeans.
As I jumped into the cab, one of my first thoughts was "This week each one of you has a homework assignment: You're gonna go out, you're gonna start a fight with a total stranger, you're gonna start a fight, and lose." But look at my RRL's and tell me I didn't win.
post #13 of 14
(edit) whodini's fightclub reference trumped mine by about an hour ... Had the same thought --Wade
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Tried my best to try to rub off some of the mud but a bit of the indigo started to come off with it so I said screw it. There ain't nothing pretty about these jeans any more...deal with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Stains/tears/mud on dry denim