or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early - Page 6

post #76 of 135
I liked Freaks and Geeks just fine. I'm not sure why Undeclared doesn't share the same recognition..
post #77 of 135
pushing daisies
post #78 of 135
Does anyone remember a show on Fox back in 99-00 called Opposite Sex starring Milo Ventimiglia?



Fucking LOVED that show...was when they canceled it.

Also, the show Southland was canceled from NBC when the Jay Leno Show came out. I'm glad it's back on TNT, but still....FU Jay Leno!!
post #79 of 135
1. Rubicon
2. Better off Ted
3. Andy Richter Controls the Universe
4. The Riches
5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
post #80 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Does anyone remember a show on Fox back in 99-00 called Opposite Sex starring Milo Ventimiglia?



Fucking LOVED that show...was when they canceled it.

Also, the show Southland was canceled from NBC when the Jay Leno Show came out. I'm glad it's back on TNT, but still....FU Jay Leno!!

I love Southland. The theme song/score is one of my favorites. It's also in a movie, I forget which one.
post #81 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed View Post
4. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post
5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Really? That show was like an unfunny bizarro 30 Rock.
post #82 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Really? That show was like an unfunny bizarro 30 Rock.
I can't watch '30 Rock'. The holocaust gets more laughs from me. Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan are unbearable. Sure, "˜Studio 60...' wasn't particularly funny, but it did have Sorkin going for it. Hopefully, we can both agree that the best 'behind the scenes' show is/was/always will be "˜The Larry Sanders Show'.
post #83 of 135
Already mentioned:

Firefly
Duckman
The Tick ( I even sort of like the live action, but don't hold it against me)
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
The Critic

Not:
Aeon Flux
Mr. Show
Quantum Leap
post #84 of 135
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #85 of 135
post #86 of 135
Frank's Place.
Undeclared.
Love Monkey.
Andy Richter CtU.

A few of these (LM, ARCtU) can be seen on Universal HD.

lefty
post #87 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Really? That show was like an unfunny bizarro 30 Rock.

I suppose it depends on your expectations of the show. I never expected it to be a comedy, therefore never expected it to be funny. I thought it was well written and decently acted.
post #88 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14 View Post
What have you people got for me? Firefly, Freaks & Geeks, Jericho, Party Down, and Veronica Mars; these are some of the obvious ones. I want to hear all different kinds.

Firefly and Jericho. +1
post #89 of 135
Didn't the original Star Trek only last 2 1/2 seasons or so? Considering its cult following that would have to count.
post #90 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed View Post
I can't watch '30 Rock'. The holocaust gets more laughs from me. Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan are unbearable. Sure, "˜Studio 60...' wasn't particularly funny, but it did have Sorkin going for it. Hopefully, we can both agree that the best 'behind the scenes' show is/was/always will be "˜The Larry Sanders Show'.

Oh, definitely. "HEY,NOWWWWW."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early