or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early - Page 5

post #61 of 135
post #62 of 135
Good call on Kings, I enjoyed that show a lot.

Another one I thought of was the british show Spaced. It could have gone at least another season.
post #63 of 135
How about the recently departed Rubicon? + huge plus 1 to Keen Eddie and Sports Night. Rome is another one that got cut short too quickly but I think it would have dragged had it been given a 3rd season.
post #64 of 135
As has been mentioned - Rome. I believe I once read that it was supposed to be three seasons but because it wasn't that well received (for the budget) they cut it down to two. Loved that show.

Second for me would be Deadwood. I actually only watched the old episodes about 6 weeks ago despite having always heard what a good series it was. Would have loved to have seen more.

Finally would be Carnivale which a few people listed. Interesting concept. Didn't really love the show itself all that much but I kept watching because I really wanted to see how it would end. Pity. Left me very unsatisfied.

Hmmn, they're all HBO series. Screw you HBO!! Of the three, at least Rome had some closure...
post #65 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
So you probably shouldn't comment in this thread then, except to point out that your intellect is completely unfulfilled by modern television.
And I suppose I should learn how to spell shows before I comment again. I suppose I was thinking of Vox's Allen Edmonds thread.
post #66 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter View Post
+1...."IT STINKS!"

*Arrested Development (as mentioned)
*Better Off Ted


Completely forgot about Better Off Ted. Unfortunately I didn't see it until it was streaming on Netflix after the fact. Very underrated show.
post #67 of 135
1. Sports Night
2. Top Cat
3. Arrested Development (despite S3 being a drop in class)
4. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
5. Get a Life

HM: Kaz, Miss Guided, Some of My Best Friends, The Jake Effect, It's Your Move (Bateman is the king of cancelled).
post #68 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post
Completely forgot about Better Off Ted. Unfortunately I didn't see it until it was streaming on Netflix after the fact. Very underrated show.

I disagree. It was one of those shows that we were all supposed to like - good actors, great visual design, etc. It just wasn't that funny. I really wanted to like it, but couldn't. Kind of like Running Wilde.
post #69 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter View Post
+1...."IT STINKS!"

*Arrested Development (as mentioned)
*Better Off Ted

+1

I would also like to add "the tick"
post #70 of 135
I'll just add The Riches, and fantastic show with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver as Irish Gypsies, was great and ripped off the air, i think adfter the 2nd season.
post #71 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Action was on Fox, not USA.

Did Rubicon really get canceled? I couldn't get into it but I thought it was doing OK.

Actually, I looked it up, and Action is indeed the show I was thinking of. I'm not sure why I thought it was on USA...maybe because Good Vs Evil -- another show I liked -- was on USA at about the same time.

And yes, Rubicon has gone on to a better place now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post

I would also like to add "the tick"

Ooooh, good call!
post #72 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post
+1

I would also like to add "the tick"

I have that one on DVD and I have refused to watch the last episode, because that would mean nothing left in terms of anticipation. As long as I don't watch that epi, I always have something good in my life to look forward to.
post #73 of 135
RUBICON
post #74 of 135
Freaks and Geeks. Rome.
post #75 of 135
Loved Freaks and Geeks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early