or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early - Page 3

post #31 of 135
Carnivale Rubicon Deadwood Arrested Development Flash Forward
post #32 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
I've never seen a single episode from any of these shows.

Not suprised. Deadwood I'd recommend to everyone, but most of them are pretty special niche shows and probably just weren't appealing to wide audiences. Some of them are available on hulu for free though.

A lot of them had potential to go interesting place but never quite made it. Something like John Doe was an interesting concept and never had the mystery behind it revealed, although from what I've read that's probably a good thing.

Some of them like American Gothic, Earth 2, and Werewolf were in no way masterpieces, but shows I enjoyed as a kid and would have liked to have seen more of them at the time. Not sure I'd be as excited about them now.
post #33 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaflettuce View Post
Carnivale
Rubicon
Deadwood
Arrested Development
Flash Forward

+1
post #34 of 135
Deadwood, Freaks and Geeks and Police Squad! are the only ones that come to mind. A lot of the ones mentioned (Twin Peaks?) were good shows but had really run their course by the time they ended.
post #35 of 135
Quark
The Associates
Buffalo Bill
Ellery Queen
The David Letterman Show
post #36 of 135
Battlestar Galactica TOS
Keen Eddie
post #37 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
Castle's alright, but in the same way Bones is alright. They can be fun to watch, but you keep remembering the better shows the lead actors were in. Edit: Yes, I am a Joss Whedon fanboy.
I should have been clearer. My facepalm was pretty much due to the reason you just provided not because I don't like Castle or anything. And it's funny you mention Bones because it's one of my favorite shows on television right now. Never seen an ep of Castle though..
post #38 of 135
I actually enjoy Castle a lot. It's one of the very few shows my gf and I watch live; probably because we're generally sitting around at home on the couch at 10pm on a Monday night...
post #39 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
I should have been clearer. My facepalm was pretty much due to the reason you just provided not because I don't like Castle or anything.

And it's funny you mention Bones because it's one of my favorite shows on television right now. Never seen an ep of Castle though..

I like Bones, but it weirded me out to see David Boreanaz walk around in daylight all the time when it first started.

Castle is good too. One of the few shows that actually pulls off sexual tension between the main characters. If Nathan Fillion does not break into film soon there is no justice in the world. He's such a great lead.
post #40 of 135
Oh, I got another show to add! The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian. EDIT: Make that two. ANGEL. Whedon was planning on ending it the 6th season anyways and the network decided to cancel it during the 5th. The only saving grace was they let him finish the season and gave him time to write a true final. I always felt like the last episode was brilliant and tone perfect to the show, but there were way too many plot threads that didn't get tied up. That and the fate of Wesley made me Wesley was such a total bad ass.
post #41 of 135
my so-called life
twin peaks
berserk
fawlty towers
fox force five
post #42 of 135
JMRouse, I like Joss Whedon as much as the next guy but there comes a point when people give him too much praise. Buffy, for example, I felt ran a little too long. Angel, like you said, was cut too short. I'd say Dollhouse was somewhere in-between -- given the circumstances, I think it ended pretty well. And as an aside, I was a big fan of his run on Astonishing X-Men.
post #43 of 135
I'm still not sure exactly what happened over the last couple of episodes of Deadwood.
post #44 of 135
I guess I would like to have had more Twilight Zones and more Star Treks, but by the time they were cancelled they were pretty tired, so maybe it was for the best.
post #45 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
Battlestar Galactica TOS
Keen Eddie

normally I disagree with you just as a matter of principle, but big +1 on the Keen Eddie.

Also:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (far-fetched, but stupid fun Friday evening TV)
The Pretender (although it never seemed to actually GO anywhere - Ms. Parker was the shiznit)

hmmm, this is harder than I thought. Perhaps I should actually watch this 'TV' thing once in a while.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early