• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Needs a centralized thread with stockists, pictures, etc. I'm def not an expert but I know some of you guys love what he does. I personally like the "Everest" series, especially the tweed jackets with reinforced shoulders.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Finally a good thread worth discussing.

I will return later.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
I got one of the Indian khaki bags a while back, for (relatively) cheap. It's my favorite thing that I own - clothing included. If you get the chance, definitely grab one.

Not so much a fan of the clothing, at least from a (personal) aesthetic standpoint, but you can tell that a lot of love and care goes into each one. The jackets are amazing, though.

Naf Nasitra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Finally a good thread worth discussing.
butbut.gif

Originally Posted by jet
Workwear marsupials unite!!!

GlenCoe

Reaction score
I never imagined you as a Cabourn's fan

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
free-and-easy-nigel-cabourn-sherpa-jacket-front.jpg
Beurk.

Love them in blue + the photographer's coat, much less in the colour you picked and with the bad photography.. I don't even own technical outerwear and I'd probably wear this. I dunno why I waited to start the thread, dude has been around for a while. Of course the problem right now is that I need to heavily prune my closet, it just feels like I have 3-4 complete wardrobes. I wish I could get rid of things, I did get rid of a bunch of stuff this year. I hate the shoes and the shot isn't that nice but that colourway is great:

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Stockists: Tres Bien, Oi Polloi, Present, Coggles, Ln-CC, Eleven, Oki-ni and I believe Tenue de Nimes as well
US: Barneys, OC, Context

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Cabourn--stuff is baller status though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of his stuff.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GlenCoe
I never imagined you as a Cabourn's fan

I like certain elements of workwear and have done so for a while, I just can't stand the shoes (always disgusting) and blind adherents who parot MC wisdom about "timeless style". It's still fashion.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21

Well the coat I posted is around $1250, less in the UK and continental Europe. Go to Junya or MMM and try to get a heavy coat for this price, they'll laugh at you. It really depends how you see it, from the point of view of a client buying designer items it is ok pricing. There is no real need for this tech stuff, it's just luxury and styling choices.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
The Mallory jacket is nice in the grey and the blue.
Ive been looking around for a non-$800 version of this style coat and havent found anything.
Nice series of stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21

Too baller for jcrew peasants.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He has some very nice bags that are in the classic British field style made of twill, leather and Harris tweed fabrics.

I understand his brand is growing well in Japan. I had a very hard time locating it in London recently.

Cabourn seems to be on to something. I like the story behind his work. He has also been a long-time collector of vintage clothing especially associated with the military.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads