or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 409

post #6121 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookitect View Post

What is this site that no one wants to name! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out this puzzle. Can someone PM me the name if you don't want to post it publicly?

 

Grailed. And it's not that taboo, but I didn't want someone sweeping in on the jacket in case he was on the fence about it.

post #6122 of 6350


Glad I jumped the fence, raglan sleeve so no shoulder issues. The Filson x Cabourn is very similar, a bit more robust in weight.

 

I did not care for it though and never bought, even when the vendor offered a nice discount. Just found something off about it for me.

 

The Storm Parka fits a niche as far as length and weight goes. 


Enjoy

post #6123 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersparkle View Post
 

 

Grailed. And it's not that taboo, but I didn't want someone sweeping in on the jacket in case he was on the fence about it.


Gotcha.  I have heard of Grailed but never checked it out.  Interested to see what its about.

post #6124 of 6350
Well I thought it would never happen but I'm seriously running out of wardrobe space so have had to list a NC coat on EBay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nigel-Cabourn-Authentic-Range-Bench-Coat-/252277372240?nav=SEARCH
post #6125 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post

This is a massive long shot and I know I'm relatively (probably completely?) unknown in this thread as I tend to stick to the EG/ Nepenthes threads, but if anyone does make it down to the Cabourn sale and comes across one of these in a 52/L, in indigo, a pick up would be massively appreciated, I'm UK based but can't make down to London this weekend with such short notice:



It completely passed me by when it was released and it's been haunting me ever since.

Just putting this out there, if you take the picture to a reasonably priced tailor they could probably recreate it exactly to your size. I know it isn't Nigel Cabourn but it becomes a special piece only you have

post #6126 of 6350
I've only ever found the Cabourn shop in London very disappointing.

They deliberately had no price tags anywhere on any of their garments. It was impossible to know what was on sale and what wasn't, unless you asked the staff who weren't exactly bubbling with welcome.

Nice maternity gown shirt though. Is it chambray?
post #6127 of 6350
@Mortenmouton the London store is like half the size of the Tokyo Army Gym, which made it less impressive for me.
post #6128 of 6350
Anybody have the mallory in Raf blue harris tweed. Wondering how easy is it to wear.
post #6129 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by badeggcat View Post

@Mortenmouton the London store is like half the size of the Tokyo Army Gym, which made it less impressive for me.


I need to see the Tokyo one. London is a disappointment for Nigel Cabourn. I think the Manchester & Leeds online stores have a better selection and pricing. Maybe closer to Nigel's home. London's Army gym pays premium for location...and it's a dismal experience in the tiny store. Henrietta Street has many interesting stores so it makes the Army Gym worth a visit.
post #6130 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Anybody have the mallory in Raf blue harris tweed. Wondering how easy is it to wear.

Depends on what you're looking for. I love it. This is the best Mallory! It goes really well with the waistcoat at this time of the year. There isn't another harris tweed which looks like this on the market. It is slightly tapered at the waist and fits slim+some. Some of the older posts suggest that you need to size up if you wear it with the waistcoat: don't bother if you're average width. The RAF blue works better than the navy blue or the non Harris tweed versions for me. The sizing is like typical Cabourn: may need to size down or TTS to work out which one suits best. Wear without a pullover for your TTS.
post #6131 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenmouton View Post

I need to see the Tokyo one. London is a disappointment for Nigel Cabourn. I think the Manchester & Leeds online stores have a better selection and pricing. Maybe closer to Nigel's home. London's Army gym pays premium for location...and it's a dismal experience in the tiny store. Henrietta Street has many interesting stores so it makes the Army Gym worth a visit.

the Manchester & Leeds online stores have a better selection and pricing - please elaborate?

Army gym pays premium for location...and it's a dismal experience in the tiny store - hardly describe the Army Gym as a tiny store, and if they had more space what exactly would they fill it with?

My experience of the Army Gym has been great, very helpful, enthusiastic and knowledgable staff, a credit to the brand (and I'd hardly call myself a N.C. fanboy). It's a very nice store.

Henrietta Street has many interesting stores - yes there's a Real McCoy's which is incredibly small and bland compared to the Army Gym. And then what? Edwin/Fred Perry!
post #6132 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots View Post

the Manchester & Leeds online stores have a better selection and pricing - please elaborate?

Army gym pays premium for location...and it's a dismal experience in the tiny store - hardly describe the Army Gym as a tiny store, and if they had more space what exactly would they fill it with?

My experience of the Army Gym has been great, very helpful, enthusiastic and knowledgable staff, a credit to the brand (and I'd hardly call myself a N.C. fanboy). It's a very nice store.

Henrietta Street has many interesting stores - yes there's a Real McCoy's which is incredibly small and bland compared to the Army Gym. And then what? Edwin/Fred Perry!

Yes I picked up on comment about the Manchester and Leeds online stores !!!

There is only Flannels in these two locations that have ever stocked Cabourn and they have all but dropped the Authentic range, concentrating on their own Karimoor collab

Oi polloi in Manchester used to do Cabourn but dropped it a good few seasons ago
post #6133 of 6350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenmouton View Post


I need to see the Tokyo one. London is a disappointment for Nigel Cabourn. I think the Manchester & Leeds online stores have a better selection and pricing. Maybe closer to Nigel's home. London's Army gym pays premium for location...and it's a dismal experience in the tiny store. Henrietta Street has many interesting stores so it makes the Army Gym worth a visit.


Totally agree when it comes to the Army Gym in London. I think the store is ok enough but nothing more than that. Why dont they have any price tag on their products? 

 

I must also say that a lot of the products i had great exceptions too before i went to the store actually didn't look any good instore(Everest Parka, Lybro range for example). 

post #6134 of 6350
Don't feed the Trolls.
post #6135 of 6350
Then you might go hungry.


Nothing wrong with Fred Perry for those who like it. Don't forget Kathmandu and Nauticalia. Their shop layout is as interesting as Henrietta's Street Army Gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werder View Post


Totally agree when it comes to the Army Gym in London. I think the store is ok enough but nothing more than that. Why dont they have any price tag on their products? 

I must also say that a lot of the products i had great exceptions too before i went to the store actually didn't look any good instore(Everest Parka, Lybro range for example). 


I've no idea why they didn't have their price tags on during the sale. Maybe the effort of marking down the costs from week to week? Some provincial fanboy who shops there and nowhere else regularly might know. I prefer transparency of pricing. If a shop can't even do that, it's not worth walking into ... unless it's raining outside.

It was useful actually seeing the Lybro range there. You can actually pull out the 'Made in China' label and check personally to see that it is not made in the UK like the other lines. It helped confirm that it wasn't something I interested in.

The northern UK stores are all quite different: they stock many brands, not just Cabourn. From year to year and season to season it varies, so sometimes they have little Cabourn gear. Flannels is rather disappointing I find. End 'up nath' where Cabourn is based is great, but they sell out fast even as a broader stockist.. Superdenim in York also has representation from The Real McCoy in London. Look at the size of End though - massive!

They have a great range and staff are really helpful.



If you've never been, French Trotters are superb:

http://www.frenchtrotters.fr/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/shop-charonne.jpg

L'Eclaireur also have several branches in Paris which stock Cabourn. They are really wel presented and worth a visit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn