or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 287

post #4291 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus49 View Post

I need to see a bit more come off the price before I go for it...butI'm tempted to try one of the Taped Ventile Aircraft Jackets ,  can anyone comment on how the orange colour looks in the flesh, it appears a dark sort of burnt  orange rather than a bright fruit orange.  And sizing, for a 37 ‘’ chest I’m going  a size up in 48 hoping it won’t be too long in the sleeves or big?  The only NC jacket I tried was a lined Surface jacket 48 which was too tight around my shoulders. .

 appreciate it   
gus

I think you have named the two most 'off' sized Cabourn jackets, I take a 50 in the Cameraman, Mallory, Rangoon etc. and they all fit perfectly but my Surface in a 50 was tight across the chest and my Aircraft in 48 fits perfectly.
post #4292 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post


I think you have named the two most 'off' sized Cabourn jackets, I take a 50 in the Cameraman, Mallory, Rangoon etc. and they all fit perfectly but my Surface in a 50 was tight across the chest and my Aircraft in 48 fits perfectly.


Been looking at the Denim Mallory, perchance have you seen and tried these on. The fabric looks interesting but hard to tell from pic's ?

Also any input on sizing would be appreciated.

Am a 50 in both the Cameraman and tweed Mallory.

 

Thanks.

post #4293 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post

I think you have named the two most 'off' sized Cabourn jackets, I take a 50 in the Cameraman, Mallory, Rangoon etc. and they all fit perfectly but my Surface in a 50 was tight across the chest and my Aircraft in 48 fits perfectly.

This is how I've sized Cabourn too, I size down on the Aircraft.
post #4294 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus49 View Post
 

I need to see a bit more come off the price before I go for it...butI'm tempted to try one of the Taped Ventile Aircraft Jackets ,  can anyone comment on how the orange colour looks in the flesh, it appears a dark sort of burnt  orange rather than a bright fruit orange.  And sizing, for a 37 ‘’ chest I’m going  a size up in 48 hoping it won’t be too long in the sleeves or big?  The only NC jacket I tried was a lined Surface jacket 48 which was too tight around my shoulders. .

 

 appreciate it   

gus

 

Based on your chest I would guess you could size down in the Aircraft.  Personally I don't size up or down.  It's either get my size or pass.  Just keep in mind the Aircraft is meant to fit as it does and it tapers down to the waist.  

 

As for the color, I'd say it's a medium orange.  I wouldn't say burnt, I wouldn't say bright.  I'd say a rich medium orange.  It's a great looking jacket.

post #4295 of 4851


Hey guys,
Just snatched the above jacket from eBay and need a bit help identifiying it.
For me it looks like a mallory without the vents, so maybe an early model as stated on the cabourn homepage. However since i did not find any pictures of this type i thought about asking here.
Thanks!
post #4296 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by philie View Post



Hey guys,
Just snatched the above jacket from eBay and need a bit help identifiying it.
For me it looks like a mallory without the vents, so maybe an early model as stated on the cabourn homepage. However since i did not find any pictures of this type i thought about asking here.
Thanks!

Not absolutely sure as I can't quite make out the details on my iPhone but pretty sure it's the Tenzing in Turner Canvas from AW11-it came in navy, brown and Taupe

I have the navy one in a 46 which I got from Bureau in Belfast

This jacket is still being made and sold through Manufactum exclusively with different buttons
post #4297 of 4851
This could very well be.
However my jacket differs from the one sold by manufactum and the difference i noticed to the aw11 jacket is that my jacket has 4 Buttons on the sleeves.
post #4298 of 4851
I am really tempted by the bench coat however I already own the AW12/13 Crazy Cameraman with the green Macintosh upper. I just seems to me that once on the green bench coat - similar raglan shoulder cut and hood - will look very close to wearing my green Cameraman. Any opinions?

Finally - how is the Bench Coat for getting on as the sleeves appear to be lined with the bonded Harris Tweed. Usually if one is wearing a wool sweater it is easier to get a jacket on with some sort of Bemberg sleeve lining.
post #4299 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

Hah, yeah, I'm not sure what went wrong with that trouser. Come to think of it, I think mine also had one loose belt loop.

Gave them a new chance today
post #4300 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by philie View Post

This could very well be.
However my jacket differs from the one sold by manufactum and the difference i noticed to the aw11 jacket is that my jacket has 4 Buttons on the sleeves.

Yes I noticed that the buttons are different on the Manufactum jacket but I am sure it's the same general pattern and fit
I wear my navy jacket a lot with the matching hospital waistcoat which I got at the same time - it looks better and better with wear and age.
post #4301 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

I am really tempted by the bench coat however I already own the AW12/13 Crazy Cameraman with the green Macintosh upper. I just seems to me that once on the green bench coat - similar raglan shoulder cut and hood - will look very close to wearing my green Cameraman. Any opinions?

Finally - how is the Bench Coat for getting on as the sleeves appear to be lined with the bonded Harris Tweed. Usually if one is wearing a wool sweater it is easier to get a jacket on with some sort of Bemberg sleeve lining.

Yes I don't think the Bench Coat is as distinctive as a Cameraman but it's certainly unusual with an A line fit and what looks like a stiff neoprene finish to the eye

It's a bit warm so haven't worn it the last week or so but wore it a lot when I was driving open top a couple of weeks ago

The sleeves are quite large in diameter and stiff enough to easily poke an a through so no problems there



What a beauty!

I meant the car
post #4302 of 4851
Nice Morgan, Eric! My father used to drive one in the '70's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferry View Post


Gave them a new chance today

hahaha, oh man. It's no wonder they sat on sale for $75 at Flannels for so long...
post #4303 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

Nice Morgan, Eric! My father used to drive one in the '70's.
hahaha, oh man. It's no wonder they sat on sale for $75 at Flannels for so long...


Ouch!

I've only got one ARN piece (a vest) and it's beautifully made - but those trousers don't look good!
post #4304 of 4851

What is ARN ?

 

+ 1 on the Morgan, is it a 8 ?

post #4305 of 4851
ARN Mercantile. They made trousers (and I think some waistcoats and jackets?) for Cabourn back around 2011. I have a few pairs, and they're top notch, except for the pair above. It's pretty hard to find their stuff these days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn