Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Nigel Cabourn - Page 278
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4157 of 57844/16/14 at 9:43amQuote:
I think you'll struggle to get Ferry to part with it - he's been despirate to get one in 48 as the disaster retailer Coggles have sent him the 50 twice under the pretentions of it being a Smallpost #4158 of 57844/16/14 at 9:55am
A Nigel Cabourn Store here in the United Kingdom?
Surely that would take the fun out of; desperately searching the internet for his clothing, buying an item, wearing the item, realising the item doesn't fit properly, selling the item on, buying the item again in a size that does fit. And repeat.post #4159 of 57844/16/14 at 12:13pmQuote:
Just looked that one up. I have it in the red (which I got for free). Not a bad piece, but not as nice as the ventile Aircraft jackets. Of course that's reflected in the price. I would maybe do some searching for a ventile version. I saw one on eBay from a UK seller recently, a SS13 version in orange, that went for not too much more than what Flannels are asking.Quote:Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans
Yes I spoke to Superdenim/marrkt and it all came from Cabourn - mainly samples that's why most were/are 48's
Didn't ask about the other items In detail but it is odd why there are Items that weren't up for sale on Cabourn's website - the bench coats particularly
Maybe the stock that didn't sell on the website is being held back for a shop or a further sale
Yeah, it seems as though there weren't many 50s.
I'm curious how it all works as well. Superdenim didn't carry the bench coat either.
Noticed the bench coat is Harris Tweed. Very pleased with that. Still can't believe the price.post #4160 of 57844/16/14 at 1:12pmpost #4161 of 57844/16/14 at 1:43pmpost #4162 of 57844/16/14 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans
Yes fully agree
Under the Dustance Selling Regulations which are part of the law in the Eu, they would have to offer a refund if you returned it within 7 days for any reason
They might try to quote their T&C's and argue the case but their T&C's are meaningless if you physically haven't had the opportunity to try it on or touch and feel the garment before buying it & wouldn't stand in a small claims court.
Yes, but who wants the hassle of going through the small claims court, I certainly don't. Of course Distance Selling Regulations do get abused, it's part and parcel of being a retailer, it is one of the better ideas the EU brought in.
I shall probably never ever get to see the Cashmere Duffle in person. I am sure it is quite special.post #4163 of 57844/16/14 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cabwhouren84
A Nigel Cabourn Store here in the United Kingdom?
Surely that would take the fun out of; desperately searching the internet for his clothing, buying an item, wearing the item, realising the item doesn't fit properly, selling the item on, buying the item again in a size that does fit. And repeat.
Ha ha yes how on earth are we going to fill our time once we've spent up in Covent Gardenpost #4164 of 57844/17/14 at 9:00ampost #4165 of 57844/18/14 at 8:38pm
That looks a great jacket . It looks a bit like the visvim hudson but better and probably better quality. I've never had a Cabourn Jacket but fancy that one i'd better start saving.
Sorry if this post is confusing i was trying to respond to someone on page 260 regarding new coastal commander jacket but managed to mess it up and posted here like a complete div!
Edited by harvey mushman - 4/18/14 at 8:49pmpost #4166 of 57844/19/14 at 11:11amFor anyone tempted by the Jersey Mallorys on Flannels, mine arrived today and it's far from white - it's not a dark colour but is much more versatile than flannels picture suggests - a light greenish/beige I suppose: - photo of the sleeve against the box:
Japanese made 'Mainline' rather than 'Authentic'. Great quality, not that light-weight and a tad-slimmer fitting than the tweed versions.
This photo from a Japanese site is pretty accurate:post #4167 of 57844/20/14 at 2:40ampost #4168 of 57844/21/14 at 9:27ampost #4169 of 57844/22/14 at 2:02ampost #4170 of 57844/22/14 at 3:51am
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › Bringing Solito to San Francisco (or maybe Los Angeles) 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 2nd October 2015 - "Something Old, something New,... 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...