Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Yesterday at 3:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 272
Styleforum Top Picks
Tried on the "Everest" in the size 50 (am 40 US) and 48 would have gone for the smaller a 36 could have worked for me.....It's a lotta of coat. but very, very nice....
Nice one. I've looked at that jacket so many times, it's really lovely but don't think I could pull it off. You'll definitely do it justice. Looking forward to seeing your fit.
Hi all Cabourn fans
Just want to bore you and warn you from my experiences with probably the worst consumer experience of my life from the online retailer Coggles now owned and run by The Hut Group in the UK.
My advice is to avoid at all cost - if you see a Nigel Cabourn piece advertised by Coggles in your size which you like, I would do everything to try to procure it from one of the many other fantastic Nigel Cabourn stockists.
I have probably spent around £15K on Nigel Cabourn clothing from just about every Cabourn retailer over the last 4 years, past and present. Outstanding service from LN-CC, Oki Ni, Oi Polloi, Tres Bien all who sadly don't stock Cabourn anymore and outstanding service from current retailers - UshowU, End Clothing, Trunk, Superdenim, Cultizm and Corniche. All are brilliant and passionate about Cabourn, offer great customer service and advice and I have had absolutely no problem returning and getting refunds for the few items that didn't fit or i didn't think suited me.
I am a Managing Director and business owner of a small to medium sized business and know how processes and customer service works and Coggles is in my view a complete disaster on every level and should not be anywhere near selling premium clothing and especially Nigel Cabourn clothing.
I placed two orders for Cabourn pieces on line within 10 minutes of each other on an evening a few weeks ago in their sale for what was i was hoping to be a matching suit of the formal trousers and business jacket both in my size.
4 days later, 4 packages arrived through 3 separate parcel delivery firms all on the same day. The reason there were 4 packages was that each order came with a free Esquire magazine sent separately. The packages came from Yodel, DPD and Royal Mail on on the same day to my business address.
OK at least they arrived.
Despite my phone call to customer services a week early inquiring what the tag size of the XS business jacket was - i was told and referred to their sizing chart that it was a 46, --a 48 arrived.
I contacted customer services to ask if they had the 46 and if this had been sent out in error as they were showing a Small in stock. They didn't know.
The Small then sold to another member on this forum Ferry who got the 50!!!
They also still had the Medium advertised and in stock on their website so i politely enquired if they could check what the tag size of that one left was just in case
No they couldn't as it was in their warehouse and its a complicated system and anyway it is showing that that last jacket was not in stock at all and isn't there and will be taken off the system and offline
(It was still on-line ready to buy for 5 days after this conversation when it disappeared)!
so I asked for a returns number so I could send both orders back for a refund which i got and i carefully packed both orders including the free magazines exactly as they arrived neatly in their respective boxes with the returns notes duly filled in.
They arranged collection by their courier for the next day, nobody turned up so i rang to rearrange for the Friday.
Then unannounced a day late Yodel came to collect both orders, my staff asked for proof of collection which really threw them, calls to bosses as they didn't know what to do but eventually the courier left a Yodel barcoded ticket with his name and date and that 2 packets had been collected.
a week went by and i eventually got a refund for the jacket through paypal but nothing for the other order, the trousers.
i contacted Customer services several times to ask what was happening and when
They told me twice that this order hadn't been redelivered into the warehouse yet - strange as it was with the jacket and collected at the same time.
I contacted Yodel and found out that the barcoded ticket i was left was meaningless and they had no record of any packets being collected or delivered !!!
After a few more days and calls i was sent an email that i couldn't reply to, saying that they were refusing a refund and were sending the trousers back to me because they had been worn and they were without the original tags and barcode.
They arrived back to me a few days later in perfect condition exactly as i sent them with the label and barcode still attached through the rear button loop face up in the packaging, clearly visible.
i hadn't even tried the trousers on and were neatly folded and they had unfinished hems so it was ludicrous to suggest that they had been worn
also I got the returns number and arranged for them to be collected on the very first day they first arrived.
I have now sent a letter and sent an email and spoken to their customer services and sent photos to which i have not had the courtesy of a reply.
Please avoid Coggles and buy from the other establishments - you have been warned
- Nigel Cabourn
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays