Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 272post #4066 of 62024/5/14 at 1:39amI'm hoping it's a different story in person but some of the product shots just make the menswear look a bit lifeless. It's a shame that nowhere in London really carries it anymore apart from Trunk who only had a little selection the last time I was in. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in to Edinburgh when I go home for Easter as Corniche always have a fairly big selection.post #4067 of 62024/5/14 at 6:45ampost #4068 of 62024/5/14 at 8:16amQuote:
Tried on the "Everest" in the size 50 (am 40 US) and 48 would have gone for the smaller a 36 could have worked for me.....It's a lotta of coat. but very, very nice....post #4069 of 62024/5/14 at 9:54ampost #4070 of 62024/5/14 at 10:14ampost #4071 of 62024/7/14 at 7:48ampost #4072 of 62024/7/14 at 9:04ampost #4073 of 62024/8/14 at 8:39ampost #4074 of 62024/8/14 at 8:52ampost #4075 of 62024/8/14 at 11:26ampost #4076 of 62024/9/14 at 9:20pmpost #4077 of 62024/9/14 at 11:37pmQuote:
Nice one. I've looked at that jacket so many times, it's really lovely but don't think I could pull it off. You'll definitely do it justice. Looking forward to seeing your fit.post #4078 of 62024/10/14 at 1:59am
Hi all Cabourn fans
Just want to bore you and warn you from my experiences with probably the worst consumer experience of my life from the online retailer Coggles now owned and run by The Hut Group in the UK.
My advice is to avoid at all cost - if you see a Nigel Cabourn piece advertised by Coggles in your size which you like, I would do everything to try to procure it from one of the many other fantastic Nigel Cabourn stockists.
I have probably spent around £15K on Nigel Cabourn clothing from just about every Cabourn retailer over the last 4 years, past and present. Outstanding service from LN-CC, Oki Ni, Oi Polloi, Tres Bien all who sadly don't stock Cabourn anymore and outstanding service from current retailers - UshowU, End Clothing, Trunk, Superdenim, Cultizm and Corniche. All are brilliant and passionate about Cabourn, offer great customer service and advice and I have had absolutely no problem returning and getting refunds for the few items that didn't fit or i didn't think suited me.
I am a Managing Director and business owner of a small to medium sized business and know how processes and customer service works and Coggles is in my view a complete disaster on every level and should not be anywhere near selling premium clothing and especially Nigel Cabourn clothing.
I placed two orders for Cabourn pieces on line within 10 minutes of each other on an evening a few weeks ago in their sale for what was i was hoping to be a matching suit of the formal trousers and business jacket both in my size.
4 days later, 4 packages arrived through 3 separate parcel delivery firms all on the same day. The reason there were 4 packages was that each order came with a free Esquire magazine sent separately. The packages came from Yodel, DPD and Royal Mail on on the same day to my business address.
OK at least they arrived.
Despite my phone call to customer services a week early inquiring what the tag size of the XS business jacket was - i was told and referred to their sizing chart that it was a 46, --a 48 arrived.
I contacted customer services to ask if they had the 46 and if this had been sent out in error as they were showing a Small in stock. They didn't know.
The Small then sold to another member on this forum Ferry who got the 50!!!
They also still had the Medium advertised and in stock on their website so i politely enquired if they could check what the tag size of that one left was just in case
No they couldn't as it was in their warehouse and its a complicated system and anyway it is showing that that last jacket was not in stock at all and isn't there and will be taken off the system and offline
(It was still on-line ready to buy for 5 days after this conversation when it disappeared)!
so I asked for a returns number so I could send both orders back for a refund which i got and i carefully packed both orders including the free magazines exactly as they arrived neatly in their respective boxes with the returns notes duly filled in.
They arranged collection by their courier for the next day, nobody turned up so i rang to rearrange for the Friday.
Then unannounced a day late Yodel came to collect both orders, my staff asked for proof of collection which really threw them, calls to bosses as they didn't know what to do but eventually the courier left a Yodel barcoded ticket with his name and date and that 2 packets had been collected.
a week went by and i eventually got a refund for the jacket through paypal but nothing for the other order, the trousers.
i contacted Customer services several times to ask what was happening and when
They told me twice that this order hadn't been redelivered into the warehouse yet - strange as it was with the jacket and collected at the same time.
I contacted Yodel and found out that the barcoded ticket i was left was meaningless and they had no record of any packets being collected or delivered !!!
After a few more days and calls i was sent an email that i couldn't reply to, saying that they were refusing a refund and were sending the trousers back to me because they had been worn and they were without the original tags and barcode.
They arrived back to me a few days later in perfect condition exactly as i sent them with the label and barcode still attached through the rear button loop face up in the packaging, clearly visible.
i hadn't even tried the trousers on and were neatly folded and they had unfinished hems so it was ludicrous to suggest that they had been worn
also I got the returns number and arranged for them to be collected on the very first day they first arrived.
I have now sent a letter and sent an email and spoken to their customer services and sent photos to which i have not had the courtesy of a reply.
Please avoid Coggles and buy from the other establishments - you have been warnedpost #4079 of 62024/10/14 at 5:11ampost #4080 of 62024/10/14 at 5:32am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 34 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Tan/Walnut leather briefcase recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Jan Kielman shoes - internet bespoke service 8 minutes ago
- › BERLUTI SS2016 Playfield sneakers -Size 8 US / 41 EU / 7 UK - New... 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding