or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 261

post #3901 of 4793

Nigel in Sendai Japan, at the new Army Gym, run by John Lofgren, who is behind Speedway brand. Photo courtesy of John

 

*

post #3902 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

How tall are you?  Waist size?  

5, 10" Tall

Waist 34
post #3903 of 4793
Does Kafka deduct VAT?
post #3904 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Canadian jacket is interesting.  Very different looks depending on what color you go for.  I'm curious as to what that little tab at the bottom right of the jacket is for.

Yeah, I really like the look of the Canadian jacket. I guess in the beeswax cotton it will be similar to the aircraft jacket before they were done in ventile.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Kafka is a great shop btw.  Great customer service in my experience.    

I've had a couple of good experiences with Kafka but they never seem to get smaller sizes - not just in Cabourn but other makers as well - so I'm limited to ties, scarves etc.
post #3905 of 4793
Went in to Trunk yesterday afternoon and they had the Canadian jacket in the orange and the navy colourway along with a couple of the medical shirts. Fabric is pretty cool but looks a little on the short side but didn't try it on so couldn't say for certain.
post #3906 of 4793
A few more pics for you. These are my summer / short Cabourn pieces.


Higgson jacket. Not sure if this is the correct name. It's a reversible jacket, maroon ventile on one side and Fox brothers tweed on the other. The cuffs and hem are wool. It's a superb Spring / Autumn jacket, keeps a shower off and the wind out whilst keeping you very warm.

Ventile


Tweed


German Flight Jacket


Submarine ventile jacket, from the utility range, probably the first aircraft jacket.



More posting of old Cabourn please, show what you got !
post #3907 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookitect View Post

Does Kafka deduct VAT?
Yes they do.
post #3908 of 4793
Talking of Kafka, I've just ordered the Seam Sealed Cameraman with Detachable Vest at almost 70% off.
Has anyone got any thoughts on why this jacket has had what seems to be poor sales, does anyone on here own one?
post #3909 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post

Talking of Kafka, I've just ordered the Seam Sealed Cameraman with Detachable Vest at almost 70% off.
Has anyone got any thoughts on why this jacket has had what seems to be poor sales, does anyone on here own one?

 

Hard to say.  Cameramen haven't seemed to sell as well this season regardless of the variant.  Well at least not size 50.  Personally I think the standard version with the Harris Tweed lower is nicer because you can see the tweed..  Vest option works fine in the Aircraft though.  In fact the Aircraft is nice because you can just take out the vest and you've essentially got the SS Aircraft too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookitect View Post

Does Kafka deduct VAT?

 

Yeah, just go to checkout and choose where you're shipping to.  It'll come off and you don't even have to register.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post


More posting of old Cabourn please, show what you got !

 

Don't know about "old", but some day.  Thanks for sharing your collection though.  Great to see.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold war painter View Post


Yeah, I really like the look of the Canadian jacket. I guess in the beeswax cotton it will be similar to the aircraft jacket before they were done in ventile.
I've had a couple of good experiences with Kafka but they never seem to get smaller sizes - not just in Cabourn but other makers as well - so I'm limited to ties, scarves etc.

 

Ushowu has what looks to be an AW Canadian jacket.  

 

As for Kafka, I think they get some larger sizes.  I just think get one of everything.  From time to time I've stalled on an item and then it was gone.

post #3910 of 4793
Nice pics, mpw! I feel like direct sunlight might bring out some the details of the pieces a bit better, though?


Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Hard to say.  Cameramen haven't seemed to sell as well this season regardless of the variant.  Well at least not size 50.  Personally I think the standard version with the Harris Tweed lower is nicer because you can see the tweed..  Vest option works fine in the Aircraft though.  In fact the Aircraft is nice because you can just take out the vest and you've essentially got the SS Aircraft too.


Judging by comments upthread, it seems that some people may have been put off by the extra cost involved in the garments with vests. I have the current season aircraft with vest and I've been wearing it a lot lately without the vest as it's been a relatively mild winter here so far.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Ushowu has what looks to be an AW Canadian jacket.  

As for Kafka, I think they get some larger sizes.  I just think get one of everything.  From time to time I've stalled on an item and then it was gone.


Sure, all I meant was that I would probably buy a lot more from Kafka if anything fit me. As it is I generally get anything Cabourn from End or Trunk, with the occasional older piece from ebay.

It sounds like from what Jagger_On is saying that Trunk should have their SS14 Cabourn up shortly including the Canadian jacket. I have probably funnelled too much of my paycheck their way this year already, but, you know.
post #3911 of 4793
I received the Seam Sealed Cameraman today, 5 minutes later it was back in the box to be returned. I'm really disappointed. The vest doesn't work IMO, there is too much bulk when the coat is fastened up and it doesn't work unbuttoned either. It seems to be cut a lot longer than the tweed Camerman, maybe it's an illusion as there is no tweed to break it up. I said to my wife, do you like this, her reply, you look like a bin man. Which tells you how unflattering it is. I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this jacket.
post #3912 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post

I received the Seam Sealed Cameraman today, 5 minutes later it was back in the box to be returned. I'm really disappointed. The vest doesn't work IMO, there is too much bulk when the coat is fastened up and it doesn't work unbuttoned either. It seems to be cut a lot longer than the tweed Camerman, maybe it's an illusion as there is no tweed to break it up. I said to my wife, do you like this, her reply, you look like a bin man. Which tells you how unflattering it is. I'd be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this jacket.

That's a real shame. My view on the Camerman is that when you lose the tweed section it can look rather ordinary.

post #3913 of 4793
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post

I said to my wife, do you like this, her reply, you look like a bin man. 

 

After feedback as harsh as that, I'm not surprised you lost faith in it! Good lord... :-)

 

Nick

post #3914 of 4793
Shame jacket didn't work out, I think ventile is such a cool fabric. I wish my camerman upper was ventile instead of the mackin fabric to help with breathability.
post #3915 of 4793
NIGEL-CABOURN-STORM-PARKA.jpg

Can anybody comment on how to size the storm parka? Would a 48 work if I'm a 46 for the FW camerman and a 48 in the FW mallory?

I don't want the coat overly big. Pit to pit is suppose to be 22 and 19 for the arm length, which works for me. Thanks all in advance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn