or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 251

post #3751 of 4539

The utility was for Debenhams, You get the feeling he regrets it.

 

http://lineageofinfluence.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/a-chat-with-nigel-cabourn/

post #3752 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviekim View Post

hey guys I have a question about the mallory jacket and vest
I know that size 48 for mallory jacket fits me perfectly but I'm not sure about the vest
by looking at the measurements form various sites, vest seems to be small.
I think 50 for vest works for me

should I get the same size for both the jacket and the vest?

thank you

I certainly would get the same size but two things
The fit of a waistcoat is not as critical as a jacket if it's worn under the jacket
Also a waistcoat is very easy for a tailor to take in around the body
I have some waistcoats in 44 and 46 and have had a 48 altered by a tailor and they all look and fit great
post #3753 of 4539

I have to disgaree a bit there Eric. I am a 46 in the jacket. I cant get in a 48 waistcoat at all. Unless the one i tried was a weird size, it's been known with some Cabourn pieces.

I see most online are sized very small in the shops size descriptions though.

I can't imagine how small a 44 waistcoat would be. It wouldn't go around my leg!!

post #3754 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy999 View Post

The utility was for Debenhams, You get the feeling he regrets it.

http://lineageofinfluence.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/a-chat-with-nigel-cabourn/

It's quite an insightful interview
I think I had read it before but thanks for posting, it was good to read it again
post #3755 of 4539
The Nigel Cabourn Women's Cameraman arrived today from Flannels

Pleased to say my wife loves it and it fits beautifully - my wife is a size 10 and it's spot on and surprisingly light weight so will be wearable most of the year round

Flannels seem to have upped their game with the presentation of their clothes - a flannels branded box, nice hanger and suit cover

Last time I ordered on line from Flannels Yodel delivered around £2K's worth of Cabourn to the wrong address and it just came in an battered brown half open box with a bit of clear plastic to protect the clothes

So well done Flannels
post #3756 of 4539
So any reviews of the Great Coat? And anyone know where to find one?
post #3757 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy999 View Post

I have to disgaree a bit there Eric. I am a 46 in the jacket. I cant get in a 48 waistcoat at all. Unless the one i tried was a weird size, it's been known with some Cabourn pieces.
I see most online are sized very small in the shops size descriptions though.
I can't imagine how small a 44 waistcoat would be. It wouldn't go around my leg!!

OK I'll back track and advise before buying to look at the chest measurement on the various websites - Cabourn's, Endclothing and Superdenim usually post accurate measurements
I've never had a problem but maybe because I'm slim and the few 44's I own aren't much different to the 46's - my chest measures 35 inches
post #3758 of 4539

Wow, i have bought 2 Mallorys from Flannels since xmas. I think they are one of the worst online shops for service. Maybe they treat their women better!!

Like you say, they use Yodel, a total joke of a courier. Damages Flannels rep and i've told them that directly. 

The other thing is that, however much you spend, they charge for postage. Shit really when nearly every other online shop ships for free over £150 ish. When they do ship out it takes an age to even process the order. From order it takes well over a week to arrive at the door and then Yodel somehow mess it up one way or another.

If i had a choice, i'd go to flannels last, but they had a few pieces this season that i could'nt find elsewhere in my size.

It's no better in the shop, their shop assistants are wankers who only like serving footballers.

 

Those ladies Cameraman are nice looking jackets, as is the ladies Mallory.

post #3759 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post


OK I'll back track and advise before buying to look at the chest measurement on the various websites - Cabourn's, Endclothing and Superdenim usually post accurate measurements
I've never had a problem but maybe because I'm slim and the few 44's I own aren't much different to the 46's - my chest measures 35 inches

35 inch chest!! Bloody hell. You don't loook that small in your pics mate.

I don't suppose you'll be buying an Everest parka anytime soon. You'd be able to live in one of the pockets!

post #3760 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy999 View Post

35 inch chest!! Bloody hell. You don't loook that small in your pics mate.
I don't suppose you'll be buying an Everest parka anytime soon. You'd be able to live in one of the pockets!

I've got the orange Everest/Antarctic parka from AW10 in 46 and I'm pleased to say it fits beautifully
post #3761 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviekim View Post

hey guys I have a question about the mallory jacket and vest
I know that size 48 for mallory jacket fits me perfectly but I'm not sure about the vest
by looking at the measurements form various sites, vest seems to be small.
I think 50 for vest works for me

should I get the same size for both the jacket and the vest?

thank you

 

I take a 50 jacket and 52 vest, so the same may well be true for you! Cabourn sizing can be quite random.

post #3762 of 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy999 View Post

Wow, i have bought 2 Mallorys from Flannels since xmas. I think they are one of the worst online shops for service. Maybe they treat their women better!!
Like you say, they use Yodel, a total joke of a courier. Damages Flannels rep and i've told them that directly. 
The other thing is that, however much you spend, they charge for postage. Shit really when nearly every other online shop ships for free over £150 ish. When they do ship out it takes an age to even process the order. From order it takes well over a week to arrive at the door and then Yodel somehow mess it up one way or another.
If i had a choice, i'd go to flannels last, but they had a few pieces this season that i could'nt find elsewhere in my size.
It's no better in the shop, their shop assistants are wankers who only like serving footballers.

Those ladies Cameraman are nice looking jackets, as is the ladies Mallory.

I agree with you from the last time I bought from them online - it was a bit of a disaster

To defend them a little - they have all their stock distributed in their various stores around the country and so when you order something over the internet it has to be collected/sent from the store it's in up to their distribution warehouse in Manchester then packed and sent out by Yodel
Yodel are a but if a disaster at times but at least it's traceable when it goes wrong

I agree they might treat the womenswear a bit better in terms of presentation

Dealing with Flannels just makes me disappointed that LN-CC dropped Cabourn - they were fantastic
post #3763 of 4539
Cape Cameraman and Donegal Formal Pants.

post #3764 of 4539

I would always order from End if i had the choice. I immaculate CS and delivery/returns.

 

When i returned an item to Flannels it was nearly a month from ordering before i saw the refund in my bank. The whole experience is painful.

If you're spending £1000 you want free next day delivery. I hear you about the shops being spread around the north, but it's still too slow. Why can't they ship from the shop it's stocked in like any other retailer? It's just bad planning and they don't seem to give a shit.

post #3765 of 4539
I hope my idle speculation about the pricing of the surgeon jacket wasn't taken as an attack on the seller, that certainly wasn't my intention. Sounds like HM Customs really did a hatchet job there.

I've got two mallorys and was thinking maybe that was excessive and I should lose one, so thanks for the enabling guys. wink.gif

I think I've only ever bought Cabourn from End and Trunk, never any problems with either thank goodness.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn