Anyone know what Barney's carried this year? Site has been sparse for some time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 246
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3677 of 61321/10/14 at 2:56pmpost #3678 of 61321/10/14 at 4:37pmpost #3679 of 61321/11/14 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans
I'm off to Austria skiing on Saturday for a week and I'm sorting out what to take and wear
Last year I took my Antarctic Parka and wore the Cold Weather Parka as a ski jacket
I fancy a change this year
I think I'm going to wear this as my jacket when not skiing
The Coastal Command jacket 2011 in brown with the orange hood
It's not had as much wear as I would have liked over the last couple of years mainly because it is heavy and stiff. It's catch 22 - a leather shearling jacket needs plenty of wear to soften it up but before then it's pretty stiff and uncomfortable.
So hopefully if I live in it for a week it will wear in and get a bit grubby
For skiing I'm going to wear the navy Cape Cameraman as my main ski jacket on top of a navy 4 way roll neck with some non Cabourn navy ski pants
I'm also taking the Scott collection Wilson Overpants to wear tobogganing or as back up sallopettes
Anybody worn any other Cabourn as ski wear?
I was snowboarding in France last week and thought of this post. I met a group of boarders and skiers wearing non skiwear. Two in Cabourn camerman, one in an awesome olive SAS smock and another I initially thought was a Burton from a few seasons back but was actually a US desert goretex ECWCS parka. All looked really good.post #3680 of 61321/12/14 at 12:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Grove
I was snowboarding in France last week and thought of this post. I met a group of boarders and skiers wearing non skiwear. Two in Cabourn camerman, one in an awesome olive SAS smock and another I initially thought was a Burton from a few seasons back but was actually a US desert goretex ECWCS parka. All looked really good.
Great to hear that others expunge the ubiquitous ski wear in favour of something a bit different
I ended up taking my Cabourn navy ventile classic parka and wearing that as my main ski jacket this year although it was so warm in Austria for most of the days I only had my Cabourn 4 way navy sweater on over a merino wool base layer.
I took my Coastal Command Leather Jacket and wore it on the journey, evenings and when not skiing which was beautifully warmpost #3681 of 61321/14/14 at 11:50ampost #3682 of 61321/14/14 at 12:03pmpost #3683 of 61321/14/14 at 12:14pmpost #3684 of 61321/14/14 at 2:18pmpost #3685 of 61321/14/14 at 3:00pmpost #3686 of 61321/15/14 at 9:58am14oz. is in Berlin's Mitte (center). Lots of people all the time so no need for online retailing... huge store with a big fancy patio featuring drinks, food and a big fountain. They open a sale store seasonally a couple of blocks from the flagship. You could say their Cabourn basement is the closest thing to an European Cabourn store. It's big and has a huge selection.
They never replied to any of my emails, but I'm pretty sure you could call. They all spoke english the few times I went.post #3687 of 61321/15/14 at 11:36ampost #3688 of 61321/15/14 at 11:47amQuote:
It's on the big size
I went into Flannels when it first came in and tried on the 46 and it was too big for me - the 46 is a 48 in my opinionpost #3689 of 61321/15/14 at 1:22pmQuote:
More like at least 2-3 sizes too big. I tried it on at Barneys and it fits like a tent, quite unflattering. A tailor might be able to do some magic.post #3690 of 61321/16/14 at 9:05amQuote:
My philosophy is that if it doesn't fit, leave alone
I've had tailors alter things but I'm never entirely happy with the results unless it's just something simple like sleeve shortening
If anybody is in the market for a size 46 (XS) yellow Everest/Antarctic Parka - Flannels in Cardiff have one discounted to around £1000. I was in Cardiff on business today and just happened to stop by.
If interested I would ring the store direct as it's not online because of the fur issue
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Styleforum in Paris: Streetstyle Pics 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...