or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 240

post #3586 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookitect View Post

Does anyone have a link to Cabourn's SS 14 preview? Was searching around the net and it looks like there has already been some preview shows but I can't find a link to the images.

 

Was checking a month or two ago and only founds things on Instagram.  Would love to see more of this myself.

post #3587 of 5110
Depends on how tall you are, Flannels have a couple of Parkas;

http://www.flannels.com/nigel-cabourn-cold-weather-parka-601468
post #3588 of 5110
Just letting you all know that an Irvine Parka in size 52 has come up for sale on EBay.co.uk

Probably my favourite Cabourn piece ever and one that I doubt I will ever find in my size without hunting in Japan
post #3589 of 5110
Hey guys, about how warm is the cameraman jacket? Think it would get me through a Tokyo winter with a shirt and sweater on underneath?

This is the one I'm looking at.

http://a2.ocimage.us/pimg/10327_1-Cameraman_Nvy.jpg
Edited by Kashiwa - 12/14/13 at 2:29pm
post #3590 of 5110
Not sure if this has been shared yet but it's a wee preview of SS14. A couple of the things Drew models in the video are absolutely nuts.

post #3591 of 5110
Thanks for posting the Corniche video Jagger_On
The camo hooded raincoat looks very long and slim and a bit silly with the hood up - think it might look better a bit more oversized and belted up
Love the navy smock type jacket in the orange
The clothes racks look full of some very wearable pieces but I suppose it depends on what the buyers like and order for manufacture
post #3592 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Just letting you all know that an Irvine Parka in size 52 has come up for sale on EBay.co.uk

Probably my favourite Cabourn piece ever and one that I doubt I will ever find in my size without hunting in Japan


Sorry, Eric, that one just looks plain strange to me. You seriously like it? :-)

post #3593 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Hey guys, about how warm is the cameraman jacket? Think it would get me through a Tokyo winter with a shirt and sweater on underneath?

This is the one I'm looking at.

http://a2.ocimage.us/pimg/10327_1-Cameraman_Nvy.jpg


What are winters like in Tokyo? The Cameraman is mainly quite wind proof. There are versions with a wool lining, which helps, but it'll never be a winter jacket for places where there is a real winter. Plus, the lack of a zip will allow wind to blow in and heat to head out. Wearing a sweater will of course help a bit, but a true winter jacket? Not at all.

post #3594 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Thanks for posting the Corniche video Jagger_On
The camo hooded raincoat looks very long and slim and a bit silly with the hood up - think it might look better a bit more oversized and belted up
Love the navy smock type jacket in the orange
The clothes racks look full of some very wearable pieces but I suppose it depends on what the buyers like and order for manufacture

Yeah, they were the two things that stood out to me. I can't decide if I like them or not but definitely interested in seeing them. Do you think that raincoat is made of ventile? I quite like the look of the aircraft jacket in what looks like an X-Wing colour way. I wonder if you can attach a liner to it like the one from this season?
post #3595 of 5110

Thanks for the SS14 link Jagger.  Sadly not much of a preview there.  

 

I too like the ventile Aircraft jacket.  I like the big pockets this time round which look a carry over from AW13's lined version.  Then again they almost look too... modern for lack of a better word in that colorway.  Really tough justifying another one as it is since I bought all the standard colorways (and the camo is standard IMO) from SS13.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Hey guys, about how warm is the cameraman jacket? Think it would get me through a Tokyo winter with a shirt and sweater on underneath?

This is the one I'm looking at.

http://a2.ocimage.us/pimg/10327_1-Cameraman_Nvy.jpg

 

Like Nick said, it all depends on the weather.  I'd say 30 F and you're fine.  Below that and you'd want something else available.  You'll look like a million bucks though.

post #3596 of 5110

problem with Cameraman jackets - bar Ventile ones - make you sweat like fuck , the Mackintosh is non - breathable .. for that reason alone I only have Ventile ones now ..

post #3597 of 5110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCrackin View Post
 

problem with Cameraman jackets - bar Ventile ones - make you sweat like fuck , the Mackintosh is non - breathable .. for that reason alone I only have Ventile ones now ..

 

Winter ones aren't an issue for me.  Plenty of layering with them too.  Bit of an issue in SS, but even then I don't think it's that bad at all.  I'd likely be sweating some anyway if I'm sweating.

post #3598 of 5110
MoK mentioned awhile back, that he wore his in -10C.
post #3599 of 5110
I'm in complete agreement about the ventile. It's a great material. I have one of his skyliners from last year in the waxed cotton (supposedly waxed) and it's just such a pain to keep dry. A ventile down jacket would just be at a next level.
post #3600 of 5110
The Everest parka is a just that a ventile down coat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn