I would be careful. how about exchanging it for a smaller size?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 231post #3451 of 61369/25/13 at 1:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3452 of 61369/25/13 at 1:18pmpost #3453 of 61369/27/13 at 9:30ampost #3454 of 61369/27/13 at 9:43ampost #3455 of 61369/29/13 at 12:36ampost #3456 of 61369/29/13 at 2:46amQuote:
Yes I spoke to them a few weeks ago and they have not ordered any Cabourn AW13
I posted a while ago that I overheard a conversation where Nigel said it was because they were concerned about him opening a London storepost #3457 of 61369/29/13 at 4:29ampost #3458 of 61369/29/13 at 4:43amJust had a look at the corniche website and they've put a ton of new stuff up, most of which looks really stunning. There's the cashmere duffle in green which looks gorgeous, a taped aircraft jacket with a detachable Harris tweed waistcoat, some new shirts and the wool/cashmere blend business jacket in grey and green with matching waistcoat and trousers, which may be a lighter alternative to the Mallory that someone was looking for earlier.
It's gonna be a bout a month before I'm back in Edinburgh to take a look in person but I'm definitely interested in that aircraft jacket and the business jacket.
http://www.corniche.org.uk/nigel-cabourn/post #3459 of 61369/29/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
When and where is the NC store opening in London?post #3460 of 61369/30/13 at 2:28am
I do know that Nigel was looking at Mayfair a while ago but have not heard anything since
Opening a store in London is a colosal investment and it would be my guess that it has been put on hold to see how the web store goes in the UK
From what I know the UK is not Nigels main market - Japan and Germany are far more appreciative of the investment in quality, small production runs, British made, and the high cost that goes with it
Having said that, I think a flagship Nigel Cabourn shop in London would do well if it covered a full inventory of sizing from size 44 including some Mainline pieces from Japan
I would certainly make a special trip
(Hoping someone at Cabourn reads this)post #3461 of 613610/1/13 at 9:51am
More Cabourn information hot off the press
Corniche and Flannels have just taken delivery of their first Nigel Cabourn Women pieces - the Mallory jackets.
Corniche have photographed them and will going on line soon. Flannels take a bit longer to go on line but expect them in the next week. I am going down to an evening party at Flannels for another designer in a couple of weeks so hopefully I will get to see them there.
The Nigel Cabourn Women coats and Cameramen (or are they Camerawomen?) jackets are following later this month.
End Clothing have received a few more mens pieces and have gone on line today -a nice navy hooded top, a couple of simple well cut Harris tweed jackets and the Aircraft with the bellow pockets that Drew wore in the early release style shoot (also at Corniche).
There is going to be a mens navy peacoat jacket seen photographed on the Cabourn website but there is going to be a delay - expected in shops later this month.post #3462 of 613610/1/13 at 10:46ampost #3463 of 613610/1/13 at 12:32pmpost #3464 of 613610/2/13 at 10:07amNew from Nigel Cabourn, link on facebook;
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Friday's Check Challenge 19th June 2015 54 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Company 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...