Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 229post #3422 of 63919/12/13 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by NickJohannessen
Probably a typo for L28?
I'd be interested to hear from someone who has tried both Mackintosh and Ventile camaraman jackets. Is the Ventile less clammy?
It was infact not a typo L27 is slightly less dense than L28, but where as L28 comes in a shorter width, L27 is produced in the wider width of 150cm+. It is not mentioned on the Ventile website because of the fact that it is an old reproduced fabric specifically for Nigel Cabourn.
On the subject of whether the Ventile is less clammy, having worn both versions for quite an extensive amount of time I would say yes it is a lot less clammy. Whereas the Mackintosh fabric has a very rigid rubberised structure the Ventile provides a much lighter structure and when worn feels a lot more comfortable.post #3423 of 63919/15/13 at 12:36amdid anywhere take the cashmere duffle in green?
anyone else notice these Russian made Everest Parka knock-offs turning up on eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281162986049&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:3160post #3424 of 63919/15/13 at 2:06ampost #3425 of 63919/15/13 at 2:34amQuote:
No he didn't, Sir Edmund walked across Antarctica in the parka now described as, "The Everest parka", he climbed Everest in something else. But your point is valid it's what Nigel does.post #3426 of 63919/15/13 at 2:48amQuote:
NC disagreesQuote:The Everest Parka is synonymous with Nigel Cabourn design. It was first introduced in the 2003 'The Ascent of Cabourn' Limited Edition I collection, inspired by Sir Edmund Hillary's ascent of Everest in 1953 and the clothes he and his team wore on their journey to the summit. Hilary wore his Parka on Everest and again crossing Antarctica in 1957 - 1958, and the Nigel Cabourn Everest Parka continues to feature as a classic and iconic piece each winter.post #3427 of 63919/15/13 at 4:14ampost #3428 of 63919/15/13 at 12:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by StayClean
I'm currently auctioning several pieces from Nigel Cabourn's AW12 "
There are a total of 45 pieces from the last two seasons that are going up as soon as I get caught up with school. Most are sample sized (48/2) and have never been worn.
The next lot should be up by Sunday.
I'll keep you all posted if you'd like.
Why did you cancel the auctions? I took the time to view your items, placed bids on one and was following several others.
Strange that you would take the time to post on this thread promoting these items, and then not bother to follow through.post #3429 of 63919/15/13 at 1:29pm
I'm not sure Stay-Clean was entirely up front about his sales. From the remaining ebay-sale for waistcoats (available in all sizes!), we find this text:
"In excellent, unworn condition. They have been sitting boxed in a storage room for the past year. These were part of a large, ultra-rare collection of 50+ NC '12-'13 samples that I am listing for a major NYC showroom over the course of the next month. These includes the 1912 Arctic Expedition as well as the Mainline collections."Seems to me it's just another retailer trying to clear out a bunch of stuff. And the buy it now for the waistcoat isn't remarkably reasonable either. I'd hazzard a guess that the first lot of items were cancelled when prices didn't go high enough?post #3430 of 63919/15/13 at 2:47pm
My apologies. It was out of my hands. This NC FW12 sample collection I am selling is for a showroom I work for, and my boss was dissatisfied with the prices the pieces had been bid up to.
He doesn't understand that people typically only put in their max bid at the very last minute.
Anyway, the prospect of selling the photographer's jacket, which is mint, issue number 001 and retailed for $2500+, for less than a grand was too much for him and he had me yank the listings.
Obviously it could have gone for more, but he wasn't having it.
I'll still be listing them, but with the starting price being wholesale (retail divided by 2.5x), as well as a buy-it-now option somewhere around retail.
Again, sorry for the let-down. If it was my call I would have just ran with it.
Here's a few previews of what's to come:
Thanks for your patience.
These are just the jackets:
FABRIC COLOR TAGS WHOLESALE SIZE Cricket Oxford Jacket NCW-S13-WWJK-5 Oxford Grey Y $220.00 48x2, 50 Notch Denim Jacket ? Denim Navy Y/N $400.00 48 Cameraman Jacket NC-W12-OW-4 OilCloth/Harris Tweed Dark Navy Y $950.00 48 Cameraman Jacket NC-W12-OW-6 Tweed/Cotton "Crazy" Olive/Navy/Brown Y $950.00 48 Cameraman Jacket ? Tweed/Cotton Olive/Brown Tweed Y $950.00 48 Atkinson Surgeon Jacket - Limited Ed. - Issue 001 1912-6 Handwoven Harris Tweed "Brown/Charcoal Stripe N $700.00 2 Frank Debenham Seaman Coat - Limited Ed. Issue 001 1912-11 Tweed, Rope Closures, Oil Cloth Pockets Olive Y $750.00 2 Herbert G Ponting Photographer Down Jacket - Issue 001 1912-7 "Ventile" 100% Cotton Proofed, Down, Shearling Collar "Light Earth, Black Navy" N $1,000.00 2 Aircraft Jacket NC-W12-0W-1 Oilcloth Cotton Navy Y $400.00 48 Surface Jacket NC-W12-OW-2 OilCloth Cotton, Unlabeled Olive Y $800.00 ? Driza-Bone Smock NC-W12-OW-3 Made in Australia, Fur Lined Hood, Shearling Cuffs Olive N $800.00 48 Henry Bowers Deck Jacket, "Fox", Limited Ed. - Issue 001 1912-5 White Wool, Waxed Cotton Pockets Antarctic White N $600.00 2 Edgar Evans Antarctic Smock - Limited Ed. - Issue 001 1912-4 "Ventile" Proofed Cotton, (Matching Pants) Stone Windowpane / Olive Y $1,300.00 2 Thomas Crean Sleeping Bag Jacket - Limited Ed - Issue 001 1912-12 Shearling, Leather Natural N $2500.00+ 2 Notch Lapel Jacket/Shirt NC-W12-WWJK-2 Rigid Cotton?` Navy/Grey Striped N $400.00 2 Mallory Jersey Jacket ? 100% Cotton Jersey Navy N $400.00 48 Cold Weather Parka - Sheep NC-W12-OW-8 100% Pure Wool - Harris Black Navy N $600.00 48 Peak Lapel Jacket NC-W12-WWJK-1 Vintage Cotton Stripe Brown/Grey N $500.00 2post #3431 of 63919/15/13 at 3:12pmIs there a commitment from the seller to not cancel the auctions next time around? It is quite a nuisance to follow an item for several days, with the intention to place a bid, only to have the seller cancel the auction. I usually do not bother with a seller who goes about his auctions in this manner.post #3432 of 63919/15/13 at 3:59pmpost #3433 of 63919/15/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
The jackets that were worn to the top of Everest in 1953 had to be lightweight so were probably made of nylon Pertex stuffed with Goosedown. They were probably made by Eddie Bauer but commissioned through an outfitter - forgotten the name of the outfitter but its in the Accent of Everest book
The Parka that Nigel has meticulously recreated is the one that Sir Edmund wore on the trans Antarctic expedition which is in the museum in Auckland which Nigel has been to see and is in many photographs. It's made with Ventile with a Pertex lining which is exactly as the NC Antarctic/Everest Parka
Edmund Hilary did wear his Antarctic Parka on Everest in the 60's - here's a photo of him wearing it on Everestpost #3434 of 63919/16/13 at 4:14pm
Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that we got our shipment of Nigel Cabourn this week!
We have the following available....
Cameraman in Army & Stone -- $1300.00
Mallory Jacket -- Army -- $900.00
Mallory Jacket -- Brown -- $900.00
Everest Parka -- Vintage Orange -- $3150.00
Plus we have sizing left in the Taped Ventile Aircraft Jacket in Navy -- $1080.00 marked down 50% to $540.00
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 312.675.2105 with questions or to place an order!post #3435 of 63919/17/13 at 1:48am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 15 minutes ago
- › FS: Carlo Barbera fabrics, checks, NAVY STAPLE S150S 18 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 50 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 51 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...