Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Nigel Cabourn - Page 228post #3407 of 62539/6/13 at 4:26pmpost #3408 of 62539/6/13 at 5:50pmpost #3409 of 62539/6/13 at 9:49pmpost #3410 of 62539/9/13 at 1:48am
All the AW13 cameraman jackets have Ventile on the upper, it is actually a heavier weight L27 Ventile that has been used. The mistake in descriptions as to having Mackintosh on the upper could be down to the fact that these jackets are still made in one of the Mackintosh factories or that they are just regurgitating old copy from the last winter cameraman.post #3411 of 62539/9/13 at 6:19ampost #3412 of 62539/9/13 at 6:46ampost #3413 of 62539/9/13 at 8:37amNick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.post #3414 of 62539/9/13 at 1:25pmpost #3415 of 62539/9/13 at 1:31pmHands off the 46's everyone
Surely nobody can be as slim as me
Bought the Brady x Cabourn hunting jacket from AW12 in a size 48 thinking it cant be that huge as some shops call a 48 a small and it swamps me - I look like an undernourished lumberjack who's just borrowed a Grizzly Adams blanket capepost #3416 of 62539/9/13 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Nick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.
I have an albam ventile, which was sold as waterproof and it gets clammy after a while, but I've bed had anything above that.
No one knows anything about the vest I posted?post #3417 of 62539/9/13 at 2:16pmSome weird and wonderful things happening on the Cabourn site
Just clicked on the 'Authentic' tab and The Peacoat appeared in all its glory (sadly for me only listed going down to a 48) and then it disappeared entirely.
Then clicked on 'collaborations' and three rather stupendous Eddie Bauer pieces appeared
The women's collection info has also been expanded
I'm guessing someone is being busy tonight sat at a computer uploading - the gas lights and candles will be burning long into the night at the Garden House tonightpost #3418 of 62539/9/13 at 2:53pm
Just thought I would let you know that our FW13 Nigel Cabourn just came through the shop today! We are carrying the Army & Stone Cameraman, Mallory Jacket in Army and Brown, and Vintage Orange Everest Parka.
We also have sizes left in last season's Navy Taped Ventile Aircraft Jacket at 50% off!
Please call us at 312.675.2105 or email at email@example.com for pricing, pictures, questions, or any further information!post #3419 of 62539/9/13 at 3:26pmpost #3420 of 62539/11/13 at 12:18pm
I'm currently auctioning several pieces from Nigel Cabourn's AW12 "
Here are some shots:
There are a total of 45 pieces from the last two seasons that are going up as soon as I get caught up with school. Most are sample sized (48/2) and have never been worn.
The next lot should be up by Sunday.
I'll keep you all posted if you'd like.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 12 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 14 minutes ago
- › NIB: Alden Navy CXL LWB, 11.5 EE 15 minutes ago
- › Personalized Leather Briefcase by RockDove - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Cleverley, Saint Crispins, Bemer, Trickers, Sargent, Vauk, Sanders 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...