Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 228post #3407 of 62029/6/13 at 4:26pmpost #3408 of 62029/6/13 at 5:50pmpost #3409 of 62029/6/13 at 9:49pmpost #3410 of 62029/9/13 at 1:48am
All the AW13 cameraman jackets have Ventile on the upper, it is actually a heavier weight L27 Ventile that has been used. The mistake in descriptions as to having Mackintosh on the upper could be down to the fact that these jackets are still made in one of the Mackintosh factories or that they are just regurgitating old copy from the last winter cameraman.post #3411 of 62029/9/13 at 6:19ampost #3412 of 62029/9/13 at 6:46ampost #3413 of 62029/9/13 at 8:37amNick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.post #3414 of 62029/9/13 at 1:25pmpost #3415 of 62029/9/13 at 1:31pmHands off the 46's everyone
Surely nobody can be as slim as me
Bought the Brady x Cabourn hunting jacket from AW12 in a size 48 thinking it cant be that huge as some shops call a 48 a small and it swamps me - I look like an undernourished lumberjack who's just borrowed a Grizzly Adams blanket capepost #3416 of 62029/9/13 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Nick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.
I have an albam ventile, which was sold as waterproof and it gets clammy after a while, but I've bed had anything above that.
No one knows anything about the vest I posted?post #3417 of 62029/9/13 at 2:16pmSome weird and wonderful things happening on the Cabourn site
Just clicked on the 'Authentic' tab and The Peacoat appeared in all its glory (sadly for me only listed going down to a 48) and then it disappeared entirely.
Then clicked on 'collaborations' and three rather stupendous Eddie Bauer pieces appeared
The women's collection info has also been expanded
I'm guessing someone is being busy tonight sat at a computer uploading - the gas lights and candles will be burning long into the night at the Garden House tonightpost #3418 of 62029/9/13 at 2:53pm
Just thought I would let you know that our FW13 Nigel Cabourn just came through the shop today! We are carrying the Army & Stone Cameraman, Mallory Jacket in Army and Brown, and Vintage Orange Everest Parka.
We also have sizes left in last season's Navy Taped Ventile Aircraft Jacket at 50% off!
Please call us at 312.675.2105 or email at email@example.com for pricing, pictures, questions, or any further information!post #3419 of 62029/9/13 at 3:26pm
https://www.cabourn.com/collections/collaborations?viewProduct=canadian-vest&product=522dd2527bbb88ec38efd640post #3420 of 62029/11/13 at 12:18pm
I'm currently auctioning several pieces from Nigel Cabourn's AW12 "
Here are some shots:
There are a total of 45 pieces from the last two seasons that are going up as soon as I get caught up with school. Most are sample sized (48/2) and have never been worn.
The next lot should be up by Sunday.
I'll keep you all posted if you'd like.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Tom Ford, Loro Piana, Zegna, Pal Zileri? 25 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone have experience with the Ridgeway sole? 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding