I got the 50 in both and fit is perfect in my opinion. I'll post some pics in the next day or two if that's cool.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Nigel Cabourn - Page 223post #3332 of 62358/6/13 at 12:00ampost #3333 of 62358/6/13 at 1:16ampost #3334 of 62358/6/13 at 5:05ampost #3335 of 62358/7/13 at 2:35pmpost #3336 of 62358/8/13 at 6:13pmpost #3337 of 62358/8/13 at 6:40pmQuote:
As you noted, the one that you have is a completely different jacket. It's defnitely not as tailored as the jacket that Nixda has. In fact you could go up a size in Nixda's jacket and stil be an inch more tailored in the chest than the one you have.
I actually like the jacket you have. I like them both and prefer Nixda's, but I still like the one you have. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I've bought enough Cabourn, again, this Summer.post #3338 of 62358/9/13 at 6:22pmpost #3339 of 62358/10/13 at 6:57pmpost #3340 of 62358/10/13 at 11:07pm
The tweed Mallory is made by a company called Panache in London, as far as I know. The Cameraman has been made by Mackintosh in Scotland, at least as long as they were made using Mackintosh fabric. Not sure if the change to Ventile has changed anything.
Mos of the Cabourn stuff is produced in a single factory in the Midlands, staffed by young Eastern European workers.
post #3341 of 62358/11/13 at 12:45ampost #3342 of 62358/14/13 at 3:47pmHas anyone found that the sizing of Cabourn henleys (produced in collaboration with the excellent Merz B Schwanen) is, for lack of a better term, fucking mental?!
I own a few, the rugby shirt in a size 52 which is tight, and two henleys in 50 which are loose. How the hell are the 50s bigger than the 52s from the same factory?!post #3343 of 62358/14/13 at 3:52pmpost #3344 of 62358/14/13 at 3:54pmpost #3345 of 62358/14/13 at 3:58pmMaybe they're constructed with reference to garments from different periods? So sizing would be accurate in relation to the original, but not consistent across styles?
I'm pretty new to Cabourn stuff, but it doesn't seem like sizing inconsistencies are out of the ordinary... Frustrating for the customer though!
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Bourbon. 17 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 37 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Vass x Jeeves Mahogany English Grain Byron Boot GMTO - Until... 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 6 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...