I got the 50 in both and fit is perfect in my opinion. I'll post some pics in the next day or two if that's cool.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Nigel Cabourn - Page 223
Styleforum Top Picks
As you noted, the one that you have is a completely different jacket. It's defnitely not as tailored as the jacket that Nixda has. In fact you could go up a size in Nixda's jacket and stil be an inch more tailored in the chest than the one you have.
I actually like the jacket you have. I like them both and prefer Nixda's, but I still like the one you have. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I've bought enough Cabourn, again, this Summer.
The tweed Mallory is made by a company called Panache in London, as far as I know. The Cameraman has been made by Mackintosh in Scotland, at least as long as they were made using Mackintosh fabric. Not sure if the change to Ventile has changed anything.
Mos of the Cabourn stuff is produced in a single factory in the Midlands, staffed by young Eastern European workers.
I own a few, the rugby shirt in a size 52 which is tight, and two henleys in 50 which are loose. How the hell are the 50s bigger than the 52s from the same factory?!
I'm pretty new to Cabourn stuff, but it doesn't seem like sizing inconsistencies are out of the ordinary... Frustrating for the customer though!
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015